PDA

View Full Version : Federer fate, karma, or destiny ?

joe sch
06-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Roger Federer is the modern game proclaimed GOAT.

The only problem has been winning the French Open and 2007 is now history as another fantastic opportunity that was not to be :(

Is this to be Rogers destiny, career slamless ? Sure, next year should be another great chance ...

Maybe its more like that this situation is Roger's fate or karma. Why ? Whats missing in this GOAT players game ? Tony Roche had alot to say about this topic. Probably too much for Roger. He wanted Roger to play more aggressive mixing in more net approaches and serve/vollley tennis. Tony told Roger that this is what it would take to be Rafa at the FO ! Too bad that Roger not only did not want to hear this but failed to convert on this advice. How many break point chances did Roger have to turn tide in this years RO final against Rafael ???

I for one, sure hope another top player decides to hire Tony Roche and use his tactics. It could make the difference in winning some slams against all of the modern baseline masters. As they say, only time will tell but unfortunately Rogers time and opportunites are surely getting very numbered. Baseline tennis tends to wear out the joints and shorten the careers. Ofcourse there are other factors involved in the modern game but this years FO is surely some lessons learned.

Oh well, good luck to Roger in 2008 ...

Marius_Hancu
06-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Honestly, I have no idea what Roche told Fed to do, but I have a whiff you may be right ...

Roger_Federer.
06-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Fate and destiny are essentialy the same thing...

joe sch
06-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Fate and destiny are essentialy the same thing...

Very true Roger, do you think karma may also be involved ?