PDA

View Full Version : Fed composed himself and gave the interview.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 03:18 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2007-06-10/200706101181499007656.html

pound cat
06-10-2007, 03:22 PM
The interview he chose not to give was the NBC interview with Bud Collins right after the match. And besides, if a player doesn't give the aTP interview, they incur a big fine...up to $10,000 and Federer is quite frugal.

pound cat
06-10-2007, 04:35 PM

zapvor
06-10-2007, 06:02 PM
qupte:
Q. At which point in the match you felt like I'm going to lose this thing?

ROGER FEDERER: Last point, maybe.

Q. Not before?

ROGER FEDERER: Not really, no.

------------------

i love it.

kingdaddy41788
06-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Well if you feel like you're going to lose you will. You have to stay positive or it's already over. What's the matter with people?

zapvor
06-10-2007, 06:20 PM
yea you are right. its just cool to see him say it like that

HookEmJeff
06-10-2007, 06:57 PM
The entire interview was pretty impressive. Roger is a cool cat and as gracious a loser as he is amazing as a winner, especially considering the fact that he has had to answer these same over-asked questions (in a couple of different languages!!!) for about a month at a time for each of the last three years.

Everyone wants to bury Roger for one loss. Yes, it's important to his legacy, but there is always another tournament the next week. And, Roger wins practically every one of those, and his ultimate answer is the best response you can have...win everything else!

My favorite quotes in that interview were from these two questions cut and pasted below. Roger's responses show a lot about his outlook, and why he's able to bounce back so easily.

Q. You're the No. 1 player in the world, so there is just this one title that escapes you. Is it acceptable for a champion like yourself? Is it something you can live with, or is it too difficult, and you're going to say to yourself, I'm going to try again next year, and it will be mine?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, obviously, if I would have won today -- again, same thing happened last year. I would have had not many other goals to chase in my career. Like this, it always stays open. And eventually, if I get it, the sweeter it's going to taste.

So hopefully, I'll give myself more and more opportunities, over and over again. I know I can do it now, that's for sure. After playing three very good French Opens, you know, the last three years, Rafa came along and took them all. So it's kind of Rafa and me.

But, you know, I did the same thing to Roddick in Wimbledon, and that's just how it goes. Sometimes you collide and that's what happens.

No, it's not for me something I can't live with. It's okay, you know.

Q. Comparing your emotions right now to those of a year ago, how are you feeling as you sit there now, more philosophical or more disappointed than a year ago?
ROGER FEDERER: Oh, I don't know how I felt last year, but I think I was disappointed, you know, for five minutes. Same today, you know. Came back in the locker room, was down and disappointed, and not much to say right then, you know. The worst is when the whole team comes up and goes, "I'm proud of you," you know, "You did a good job. Bad luck." That is the worst part. But that's okay, you know. I played another final of the Grand Slam. I'm on an incredible run yet again. So disappointment goes away after a short time. And, yeah, I'm an experienced guy. That's not going to kill me, so it's okay."