PDA

View Full Version : when will nadal beat federer on grass

The Gorilla
06-10-2007, 04:54 PM
he was so close last year, they have both improved this year but nadal's has been dramatic, whereas fed's 30% serve has outweighed the improvements he has made to his backhand.

Richie Rich
06-10-2007, 05:03 PM
doubt it. just as nadal is almost unstoppable on clay, fed is just as unstoppable on grass. if nadal does ever win wimbledon it will only be becaue fed lost to some other player before the final.

rabidcow
06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I think this is the year, Fed's serve was not impressive today and he does not have time to fix it

Mr. Sean
06-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Never. Nadal's game isnt geared towards grass. If he even makes the final federer will destroy him. Nadals best shot to take number one is at the us open.

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Not even the U.S Open because its too quick.Plz, Roger always serves well in wimbledon.Its clay where his serve is neutralize and he struggles at times to have it over 60 percent.

bagung
06-10-2007, 05:13 PM
this might be the year......

bagung
06-10-2007, 05:18 PM
nadal said in hamburg, if there is someone who beat him in clay, it must be roger......
the year has come....... if somebody going to beat roger in grass, it must be nadal then......

The Gorilla
06-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Never. Nadal's game isnt geared towards grass. If he even makes the final federer will destroy him. Nadals best shot to take number one is at the us open.

Well Federer has been the 2nd best claycourter for about 3 seasons now. When has Nadal been able to lay claim to the title of 2nd best grass player? No doubt he made the final, but on a powderpuff draw. Fed has clay MS titles to his name; Nadal does not have a single grass title.

you do realize Nadal took a set off federer and took him to a tie break in another don't you?

crazylevity
06-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Well Federer has been the 2nd best claycourter for about 3 seasons now. When has Nadal been able to lay claim to the title of 2nd best grass player? No doubt he made the final, but on a powderpuff draw. Fed has clay MS titles to his name; Nadal does not have a single grass title.

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Plz, that match wasnt even close last year, the tie-breaker make it seemed that way.Nadal's problems at wimbledon is that the ball doesnt bounce as high and it stays low where Fed likes it.

The key to Nadal will be getting to the final, can he do it again?We will see.

tennis_hand
06-10-2007, 05:25 PM
not this year.

khd287
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Never going to happen...

Andres
06-10-2007, 05:32 PM
doubt it. just as nadal is almost unstoppable on clay, fed is just as unstoppable on grass. if nadal does ever win wimbledon it will only be becaue fed lost to some other player before the final.
Olivier Rochus had two match points against Fed on grass last year.

Volly master
06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
if getting bageld in a set is close..then im hitting up more weed. people, he won 1 set, it wasnt 7-5 in the fifth.

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2007, 05:41 PM
U do realise that its difficult to step on grass before clay Andres?Rochus will be toast in Halle.The grass court king is Roger Federer.

lambielspins
06-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Olivier Rochus had two match points against Fed on grass last year.

That was a best 2-of-3 match, and not an important tournament at all. It is totally different then doing it in a best 3-of-5 at Wimbledon, a tournament that is very important to Federer. Look at his matches at Halle compared to Wimbledon last year. Everyone was taking him to the last set in Halle. Everyone then, with the slight exception of Nadal perhaps, was dismissed with complete ease at Wimbledon. Including some of the same people like Gasquet and Berdych. Final set in Halle, 3 and out at Wimbledon.

Buuurnz
06-11-2007, 02:53 AM
unlikely to happen that nadal can beat fed on grass, as well as it is that nadal gets to the wimbledon final at all...!

TheNatural
06-11-2007, 03:14 AM
he already beat Fed on grass in the battle of the surfaces. He beat him on both surfaces for good measure.. haha

caulcano
06-11-2007, 03:17 AM
he was so close last year, they have both improved this year but nadal's has been dramatic, whereas fed's 30% serve has outweighed the improvements he has made to his backhand.

Not likely because of 2 factors.

1) there ain't many grass tournaments.
2) Federer is king of grass like Nadal is king of clay.

kirbster123
06-11-2007, 03:38 AM
I predict Nadal will lose in third round to Hewitt, Blake, or Roddick.

helloworld
06-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Federer is indeed the king of grass, but it's not like Nadal has zero chance at winning against Fed on grass. Let's just see if they both make it to the wimby finals first and then we can talk about this again.

Roger_Federer.
06-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Currently I see Roger not winning Wimbledon. He pulled out of Halle, because I'm guessing that his RG final is going to hurt him for a while. We might very well have a new Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion.

Rhino
06-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Not likely because of 2 factors.

1) there ain't many grass tournaments.
2) Federer is king of grass like Nadal is king of clay.

Agreed. I think it is unlikely that they will ever meet on grass again.
Nadal will not make the Wimbledon final this year (nobody has a draw like that two years in a row),or ever again actually, and with Nadal playing Queens and Federer playing Halle (at the most, although not this year - nottingham perhaps?) the chances of them meeting again on grass are extremely slim.

Virtuous
06-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Post RG hysteria rearing it's ugly head again.

deucecourt
06-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Nadal gave Fed way more of a challenge on grass than Fed did on clay. It appears Fed doesn't have that fighter mentality like Nadal does. If he did he would have won yesterday.

tennis_hand
06-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Nadal gave Fed way more of a challenge on grass than Fed did on clay. It appears Fed doesn't have that fighter mentality like Nadal does. If he did he would have won yesterday.

Nadal won't even meet Fed this time. so if Nadal were so good on grass as you said, he couldn't pass other players.

127mph
06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
he was so close last year

hey my man, how was it close i think the first set was 6-0 and the only set nadal won was a tiebreaker, hardly a close match.

tlm
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I dont think nadal or anyone else can beat fed on grass.

VamosRafa
06-11-2007, 07:52 PM
I predict Nadal will lose in third round to Hewitt, Blake, or Roddick.

I would think those guys would be seeded high enough to avoid a run in with Nadal in the third round.

psamp14
06-11-2007, 08:01 PM
sampras looked unbeatable on grass all throughout the 1990s but then big serving kraijeck beat him in the qtrs in 1996...

i for some reason felt and feel that federer's not going to win wimbledon every year in his career....but with today's competition, the players who could challenge him the most are: roddick, nadal, and hewitt....no one else

roddick at most will take a set, unless he goes all out and has luck on his side, then maybe forces a tight 4 setter (2004 final)....nadal simply for his attitude, inner fire, and will-power...hewitt for some of the same reasons, but at best on grass hewitt would give federer a tight 2 or 3 sets...although he did take a set off federer in their 2004 qtrfinal encounter

there are not any big serve and volleyers anymore...karlovic upset hewitt 1st rd in 2003, but i dont see him beating federer if somehow they are paired up for a early round match

federerfanatic
06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Nadal gave Fed way more of a challenge on grass than Fed did on clay.

What is your basis for that statement. Federer won 9 more games then Nadal in the Wimbledon final. Nadal only won 5 or 6 more games then Federer in the last 2 French Open finals. Federer goes 1-for-17 on break points and still only loses 6-4 in the 3rd of this years French Open final; and last year loses in a 4th set tiebreaker. Nadal loses the first set 6-0 of last years Wimbledon final, the last set 6-3 after having been up 5-1, and they split 2 tiebreaks in between. Basically you are completely wrong.

pow
06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
I doubt Nadal will go far enough to play Federer in the final this year and also he doesn't have the tools to beat Federer on grass.

federerfanatic
06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Currently I see Roger not winning Wimbledon. He pulled out of Halle, because I'm guessing that his RG final is going to hurt him for a while. We might very well have a new Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion.

You are a lame fan. Change your name and avatar please. :confused: