PDA

View Full Version : Federer's Golden Slam Chance

jman
06-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Do you guys think that Federer is pacing himself for the Grandslam next year?? I mean the Olympics will be on, and Federer will pretty much be in his prime. 2012 looks abit bleak, cause i don't think he can sustain this level that long......
The only way he can do it is by having a coach, hopefully Cahill will step up and answer the call. Winning the Golden Slam will surley make him G.O.A.T!!!

Tennis_Monk
06-10-2007, 06:51 PM
no..i dont think so. he is not doing pacing as you indicated.

J-man
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Jman, I don't think he will make the "Grand Slam". I think this was his last year to really give it a push. The more the years go by the less and less his chance's are to take the Grand Slam.

Robbie_1988
06-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah I agree with J-man. As much as I'd love to see Fedman get the grand slam, with each passing year he will grow older and slower and probably less fitter.

psamp14
06-10-2007, 07:00 PM
pacing himself for the grand slam NEXT year? meaning he lost on purpose, as to save energy?

he won the australian open this year...which starts the grand slam...he set himself up for winning the "grand slam" last year, he lost to rafa in the final, and he set himself up again this year...

the way federer wins so easily at the other 3 slams, i will marvel but not be surprised if we are talking about this grand slam thing again next year at this same time...and at that time if federer wins the french open, then we'll talk olympics....

aznspongehead
06-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Hopefully Nadal gets injured, or Federer's chances at next year's FO don't look much better than this year's.

I mean, to me Federer is not going to get significantly better anymore... how much better can you get? Nadal on the other hand, is only 21 and should have room to grow.

If Federer wants to win the French he has to either get really good by next year or hope for a Nadal injury in the next 4-5 years during which he could still manage the rest of the competition.

Just my opinion, though.

Haha, this is such a spoiler thread.

JustPlayIt
06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't know who among the top pros care about Olympics at all. No $$$ and it'll get right in the middle of the US Open series.