PDA

View Full Version : again: How many Nadal fans are there vs. Fed Fans(No wimp choice by choosing both)

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Slowly but surely Nadal has been gaining ground in popularity. A year ago if anyone posted anything favorable about Nadal then the Fed fan majority would "seek and destroy".

Therefore i want to see if the gap has been closing. Fed fans will of course still be the majority...the question though is by how much?(Note: I have made the poll private to protect the minority of Nadal fans).

bluetrain4
06-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm 34 and grew up watching Wilander, Edberg, Becker, Sampras, Courier, Chang, Agassi.

I'm passionately indifferent about Nadal v. Fed and find these boards amusing when people freak out on one side or the other.

I like both of them and both bring something unique to the game.

Tennis always benefits when there are multiple true champions during any given era. The Fed dominance era (which really hasn't comletely ended until he loses a non-FO) got old after a while.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm 34 and grew up watching Wilander, Edberg, Becker, Sampras, Courier, Chang, Agassi.

I'm passionately indifferent about Nadal v. Fed and find these boards amusing when people freak out on one side or the other.

I like both of them and both bring something unique to the game.

Tennis always benefits when there are multiple true champions during any given era. The Fed dominance era (which really hasn't comletely ended until he loses a non-FO) got old after a while.

and you also believe in world peace.

Now pick one wimp.:)

bluetrain4
06-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Didn't mean to wimp out on my answer.

Right now, today, I'll say Nadal (just for the sake this poll). Great fight. I didn't like Fed's body language.

You do realize that although there are true fans on both sides, many people want to be attached to a winner and if it appears in people's minds that Nadal is gaining the upper hand, many people will jump from one bandwagon to another.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Didn't mean to wimp out on my answer.

Right now, today, I'll say Nadal (just for the sake this poll). Great fight. I didn't like Fed's body language.

You do realize that although there are true fans on both sides, many people want to be attached to a winner and if it appears in people's minds that Nadal is gaining the upper hand, many people will jump from one bandwagon to another.

They have been doing that for quite some time with Fed.

bluetrain4
06-10-2007, 07:32 PM

I would agree.

SideSpinPDR
06-10-2007, 07:37 PM

I agree too. At least Nadal is exciting to watch. Fed might have the shots and creativity but he doesn't have the passion that Nadal does. He might but we never get to see it and that's what makes Nadal such a huge draw for me, someone that actually cares about what they're doing and isn't afraid to get emotional about it.

FarFed
06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I agree too. At least Nadal is exciting to watch. Fed might have the shots and creativity but he doesn't have the passion that Nadal does. He might but we never get to see it and that's what makes Nadal such a huge draw for me, someone that actually cares about what they're doing and isn't afraid to get emotional about it.

With that criteria, you'd probably hate Borg.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 09:55 PM
i just cannot believe how much Rafa's popularity has risen. A year ago just mentioning his name on this board could get you banned. But now there are almost as many Nadal fand as there are fed fans. The gap is closing quickly.

RedWeb
06-11-2007, 06:32 AM
I wanted Federer to win so I could tell my grandchildren that I was able to see the GOAT play tennis.

dubsplayer
06-11-2007, 07:39 AM
"I'm passionately indifferent about Nadal v. Fed and find these boards amusing when people freak out on one side or the other.

I like both of them and both bring something unique to the game."

Well said. I was pulling for Fed yesterday though - simply because I'm tired of the comms gassing about whether or not he'll be the GOAT if he doesn't win RG.

Blade0324
06-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I picked Fed in this one. Despite Nadal having his number at the French and as exciting to watch as Nadal is on clay Fed just has great versatility and the ability to make others not play their game. Still have to give it to Fed.

mojone
06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I guess Nadal by default. I like both players but I tend to root for Nadal just to see Feder get pushed and lose from time to time. Nothing against Roger, it's just nice to be watch a match without a forgone conclusion before it starts.

Eviscerator
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
In my opinion you should either define the term fan or give a choice of neither. I enjoy watching either of them and consider myself a fan of good tennis. However I do not root for either one nor are either my favorite player. So if you are trying to determine how many people consider Federer or Nadal their favorite, you should say that so as to not get votes from fans of good tennis.

amx13
06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Federer fan here. Not just tennis GOAT, but one of the 5 most dominant players in their respective sport IMO, along with Maradona, MJ, Lance Armstrong and Tiger.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Nadal is closing in on fans and the #1 spot. Its only a matter of time.....and time is on Rafas side.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-12-2007, 12:33 PM
bumpity bumpity bump bump.

dubsplayer
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
If I have to choose it would be Mr. Fed. He has a much prettier game to watch.

TheTruth
06-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Nadal, no secret here. Love his mental tenacity and approach to the game. Find his maturity to be well above his years, and love how he isn't always bragging on himself, his talent, and how he beat the other player. Never even heard him mention his h2h against anybody. I like that!

Mastermind
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Roger's man, through and through.

caulcano
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I guess Nadal by default. I like both players but I tend to root for Nadal just to see Feder get pushed and lose from time to time. Nothing against Roger, it's just nice to be watch a match without a forgone conclusion before it starts.

Errr, Nadal was the FO favourite by a country mile.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Roger's man, through and through.

But Rafa is catching up.

MsPiggy
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
But Rafa is catching up.

So what? That doesn't stop me from still being a TRUE fan of Roger. I'm not a bandwagon jumper.

jasoncho92
06-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Fed all the way here

tlm
06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
You dont need a poll, just check out how many said that fed would win sunday.

B8RTENNIS
06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I am relieved to see that there is a human side to Federer. Up until recently all finals he was in you could predict the winner before the match. I enjoy healthy competition but total dominance is boring. It is so exciting to see Nadal, Nalbandian, Canas and others gaining enough confidence in their game to give us fan a reason to stay tuned. Can't wait to see how Djokovic will fear against him. At least the men's competition is worth watching, now if we could only do something about the boring women side, and to believe they earn the same amount of money is unbelievable. Maybe we should demand they play the same amount of sets. Who knows, it may help their performance in a final!

Attila the tennis Bum
06-13-2007, 07:53 PM
You dont need a poll, just check out how many said that fed would win sunday.

Good point!