PDA

View Full Version : **Virtual Thread: Enter to Participate

psamp14
06-10-2007, 09:03 PM
once again, no bashing, no flaming, no spammers....

everyone already knows rafa beat federer today......but in this virtual thread, i want everyone to voice their opinion as if federer beat nadal today...

assume the score was federer d nadal 3-6 6-4 7-6(10) 7-5

pretending that was the score....post in this thread (cleanly) what this win means for federer, his confidence, potential overconfidence, rafa's sportsmanship, the two player's mutual respect for one another, their praise for one another....etc

slice bh compliment
06-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh Federer is the greatest! I love heeem, no?

He is so wonderful and humble. His post-match interview with Bud Collins was grace, brilliance and love personified. Roger is so great, he's got all of us respecting Bud Collins (who will be up for an Emmy this year!)

On the stage after the match, Guga was so compassionate toward Raf and so proud of Roger. Remember when Mac and Vilas climbed down the stands to hug him? Thaat was awesome.

People say Bush is the anti-Christ. Roger may actually be the second coming of The Christ.

I really feel for Rafa and I wish him well at Wimbledon. Wouldn't it be a trip if he wins there?

FitzRoy
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Nadal needs to switch to a one-handed backhand. His backhand was really letting him down today; he couldn't do anything with it and he made way too many errors. Federer was using a lot of slice to throw off Nadal's rhythm, and the two-hander isn't very good for handling the low, skidding ball. Switching to the one-hander would not only allow Nadal to reclaim the French, but it would give him a much better shot at Wimbledon.

I'd also suggest a smaller, heavier frame, as well as a less extreme forehand grip.

keithchircop
06-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Nadal needs to switch to a one-handed backhand. His backhand was really letting him down today; he couldn't do anything with it and he made way too many errors. Federer was using a lot of slice to throw off Nadal's rhythm, and the two-hander isn't very good for handling the low, skidding ball. Switching to the one-hander would not only allow Nadal to reclaim the French, but it would give him a much better shot at Wimbledon.

I'd also suggest a smaller, heavier frame, as well as a less extreme forehand grip.

excellent post