PDA

View Full Version : Nadal vs Agassi-which one will end up with more slam titles?

federerfanatic
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
How do you think Nadal's final slam wins total will compare to Agassi's when Nadal's career is over. Will he be behind Agassi's 8, tied with Agassi's 8, or even over Agassi's 8. It would be interesting to see Nadal possibly challenge Agassi's slam total as he gets later in his career.

FitzRoy
06-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm kind of torn on this one. I want to say that he'll end up with 5-6, all of them at Roland Garros, but it seems improbable that a guy could win that many at one Slam but none at all anywhere else. I do think his game is improving on hard courts, but there's guys like Djokovic and Murray who are getting better all the time, and of course the others who have shown that they're capable of beating Rafa outside of clay.

I think 8 is a pretty reasonable number, with the bulk of them coming at the French, and a couple elsewhere when things fall his way.

The rest of the year should be very interesting. I imagine this topic will come up again depending on how well Rafa does at Wimbledon and the US.

federerfanatic
06-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I feel the same way. I see 5 or 6 probably at the French. I am not sure about the others. It depends if Federer slows down at some point, and how good Djokovic, Murray, and Gasquet become. I guess also if Davydenko types ever win a slam or not.

zapvor
06-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Agassi can always strap on his shoes and win a 9th just to top Nadal!

Buuurnz
06-11-2007, 02:43 AM
got that rite!

caulcano
06-11-2007, 02:59 AM
I said in a previos post .... Nadal will end up with 6-8 GS ... 2/3 more FO titles plus another 2/3 at other GS.