PDA

View Full Version : FedEx better get in shape if he wants to win RG

asintu
06-11-2007, 01:47 AM
It was obvious the reason why he lost the final...Nadal was just in better physical shape than Roger.

helloworld
06-11-2007, 02:00 AM
No way. Tennis is not all about physical condition. Federer lost the match to a better player fair and square.

J-man
06-11-2007, 02:04 AM
I also think that it was mental too. Federer was getting fustrated when he missed many of his forehands. As of right now though, I don't think Federer will ever win RG

Cfidave
06-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Federer lost the match, the same way he did last year. Same tactics by Nadal, same inability to counter those tactics, by Roger. Roger appears to be to stubborn to change a losing game plan.

zapvor
06-11-2007, 02:22 AM
in his interview he said it wasnt physical or mental. he said they are both mentally tough, and that their fitness were fine. nadal was just better in the match.

asintu
06-11-2007, 02:33 AM
i dunno..it just seemed in the post match press conf. that he emphasized a lot on the physicality of the match

Buuurnz
06-11-2007, 02:40 AM
I just think that Nadal was better yesterday...obviously Roger played some bad tennis tho...missed so many easy shots and even on breal points he framed bakhands and hit forehands long...!Hes just played bad!

pound cat
06-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Federer lost the match, the same way he did last year. Same tactics by Nadal, same inability to counter those tactics, by Roger. Roger appears to be to stubborn to change a losing game plan.

Ironically Federer said he doesn't go into nadal with a game plan. You can't . (because no matter what you so he will get the ball back).

See his post match interview.

Roger went on the court with a hang-dog I'm going to lose look...and it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Nadal does to Federer what Federer does to those who play him. They've lost before the first ball is struck.

zapvor
06-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Ironically Federer said he doesn't go into nadal with a game plan. You can't . (because no matter what you so he will get the ball back).

Roger went on the court with a hang-dog I'm going to lose look...and it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Nadal does to Federer what Federer does to those who play him. They've lost before the first ball is struck.

what???he said in his interview he had a gameplan.

tennis_hand
06-11-2007, 03:06 AM
btw, just watch the match against Agassi in AO on youtube. Federer looked so slim and nimble at that time. I am not sure whether it is age or fitness, but his face nowadays looks much bigger and rounder. :p At that time, he looked so thin . well, maybe it is age.

caulcano
06-11-2007, 03:15 AM
It was obvious the reason why he lost the final...Nadal was just in better physical shape than Roger.

I'd add better mental shape to that aswell.

kirbster123
06-11-2007, 03:40 AM
Mental shape, yes, because Federer was really running down those balls like Nadal, he played the match like every point was match point.

rwn
06-11-2007, 03:48 AM

It's time for you to take some reading lessons.