PDA

View Full Version : TTC for Directv

Nadal_Freak
06-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Well it blacked out for me today. :confused: Does it cost extra money to get that channel again? I thought it came with the basic package.

bigbanger
06-11-2007, 09:23 AM
The two weeks of French Open coverage on DirecTV was just a preview, the channel won't be available full time until August.

-- bb

rod_b
06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
That stinks. I bet they're going to add it to some sports package you have to pay extra for that adds some other channels no one wants.

WhiteSox05CA
06-11-2007, 10:32 AM
No, it was a two-week preview because they own the rights to the French Open coverage. It's going to be full time, (channel 217 for me), in August. It doesn't matter for me because I'll be leaving the US until August.

brandx
06-11-2007, 10:35 AM
I believe I read somewhere that it will be in one of the basic channel lineups, not in a sports subscription package. Can't recall the source, but we can only hope.

West Coast Ace
07-28-2007, 08:41 AM
I believe I read somewhere that it will be in one of the basic channel lineups, not in a sports subscription package. Can't recall the source, but we can only hope.Bump.

Still nothing on their website. I called at the start of July - the person I got said they still hadn't decided.

I guess at 330AM Wed I'll go to 217 and see what happens.

Cfidave
07-28-2007, 09:45 AM
My understanding is TTC full time, at the end of August. By year end it will go hi def, with most other channels. That is when DTV will bring two additional satellites on line. ( mainly for the hi def).

maneater
07-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Why dont they bring the god damn channel to UK!!!
they dont show enough tennis here cos their players are crap! thats why i'm kinda hoping murray does better so it will encourage them to show more tennis, thats what happened in cyprus, tennis was virtually non existant till his Aussie Open run...Bring TTC and ESPN2 to UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
07-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Why dont they bring the god damn channel to UK!!!
they dont show enough tennis here cos their players are crap! thats why i'm kinda hoping murray does better so it will encourage them to show more tennis, thats what happened in cyprus, tennis was virtually non existant till his Aussie Open run...Bring TTC and ESPN2 to UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me with TTC you are not missing anything....

maneater
07-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Yea i know i heard its poo! but i mean like now it might come in handy

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
07-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea i know i heard its poo! but i mean like now it might come in handy

Aww, you said "poo"..lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just think it is a funny word: "POO". :lol:

Anyway,

Yesterday the matches were interrupted by rain and they kept replaying the Dancevic/ Kunitsyn match over and over again. They did something similar for the French and Wimbledon during coverage.

But hopefully they will get better and your right it does come in handy if your a tennis fanatic like me.

maneater
07-28-2007, 12:46 PM
LOL i say "POO" all the time! lol I used to say it in my seminars at university and the teacher would just look at me and so would the students...I was like lighten up! Haha I'm still gonna use it in Law School lol...and probably the Court room :-)

Who the hell wants to see this poo playing on NBC! show the god damn Andy match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saram
07-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Trust me with TTC you are not missing anything....

Not the greatest...but better than no tennis at all.....:confused:

palikero
07-29-2007, 12:54 PM
My understanding is TTC full time, at the end of August. By year end it will go hi def, with most other channels. That is when DTV will bring two additional satellites on line. ( mainly for the hi def).

When you say it will "go hi def", does that mean we'll have to pay more for TTC (and other hi-def channels)??

I'm interested in getting DirecTV, but if it means only 4 months (Sept - Dec) of TennisCHannel, then I wont get it.
If I dont have to pay extra for hi-def channels, then I might subscribe.

Also, how much do you guys pay per month for DirecTV?

norcal
07-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info, I wondered what happened to 217. I'll check back in August.

AndyRLacoste
07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Exactly.

:confused:

aidenous
07-30-2007, 12:45 PM
We love TTC. It's still a fairly new channel which has gotten better and will continue getting better as it grows. It was reported earlier this year that the USTA will invest near $10 million dollars in TTC.

We have Dish Network and I'm hoping that they add the HD Tennis Channel when Directv does. I don't want to switch from Dish to Directv.

Challenger
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
I get free basic DTV when I move into my dorm this Fall. Can anyone verify if TTC is on the basic package?

simi
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Amen to that! Beats what we used to get.

p.s. I actually enjoy the USPTA programs. Quite insightful, and helpful. Reinforces the basics most of all.

IceNineTX
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM

It's not bad. It's just that they repeat content over and over and over and
over. I mean, how many times can one watch Murphy Jensen clowning
around Europe? Now, Mieke Buchan, on Destination Tennis... I have a much higher tolerance for her. I've sat through the Vegas show at least 20 times.

I expect it to get a lot better as viewership grows and advertising revenue follows.

jpc

baseliner
07-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I baffles me for anyone to criticize TTC. Near 100% disapproval of tennis on ESPN because all it shows is American matches. Now the criticism is during rain delay they replayed a match. TTC si so much better than the alternatives. TTC is in its infancy. I predict great growth and great things for TTC.

FuriousYellow
07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
I get free basic DTV when I move into my dorm this Fall. Can anyone verify if TTC is on the basic package?

Yes, it is supposed to be in the base programming package.

LINK (http://www.thetennischannel.com/aboutus/pressrelease/pressreleasedetail.aspx?id=129)

[quote]When DIRECTV launches Tennis Channel this summer, the network will be available on a base programming package with in excess of 8 million customers. [/url]

TTC is supposed to go live full-time on August 27th. The HD is scheduled for some time in December.

There will also be a U.S. Open Mix channel on DTV, just like last year. USA network has coverage rights, so the feeds will probably be coming from them again. I imagine ESPN will show some also.

Were any USO matches shown on TTC last year?

West Coast Ace
08-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Yes, it is supposed to be in the base programming package.

LINK (http://www.thetennischannel.com/aboutus/pressrelease/pressreleasedetail.aspx?id=129)

[quote]When DIRECTV launches Tennis Channel this summer, the network will be available on a base programming package with in excess of 8 million customers. [/url]

TTC is supposed to go live full-time on August 27th. The HD is scheduled for some time in December.

There will also be a U.S. Open Mix channel on DTV, just like last year. USA network has coverage rights, so the feeds will probably be coming from them again. I imagine ESPN will show some also.

Were any USO matches shown on TTC last year?Furious knows what he's talking about. Just got my monthly DirecTV email. Starting Aug 27, TTC will be on channel 217. No mention of having to buy any other package. And the US Open Mix will be on 690-696.

I'll 2nd baseliner's comments. Any tennis coverage is better than nothing. Sure they repeat stuff - you can only create so much new content and not go bankrupt. My only beef in the past was with Bellamy and the fact that he was (obviously) asking way too much for the channel - hence no one carried it. Now that he's gone (good luck with that skiing thing Steve!), magically everyone is coming on board. And now with more revenue, they will have money to create more content and buy the rights to more tournaments. Isn't Capitalism cool? :-)

PhillyMike
08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Anyone getting TTC via DirecTV? It shows up in the guide, but won't come in and says I haven't ordered the programming.

Is it part of the Sports Pack or something? Do I have to upgrade to get it?

UO19
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
it's part of like the premium package or whatever it's called. it's the package with a bunch of extra channels. you don't need sports pack because i don't have it and i get ttc on directv.

Fedexeon
08-29-2007, 01:54 AM
If i'm not mistaken, TTC is now available in channel 217 of Direct Tv.
It is available in the "Choice Xtra" programming package.

West Coast Ace
08-29-2007, 05:44 AM
If i'm not mistaken, TTC is now available in channel 217 of Direct Tv.
It is available in the "Choice Xtra" programming package.This is correct. DirecTV's support s*cks - they don't even know that's the package you need - I emailed them on the 23rd and was told "don't worry, you'll have it on the 27th". I don't have the Xtra package and needless to say, like PhillyMike, when I got to 217 I get that message. Does anyone know the price to add that package to standard service? Is that package $5/mo?

jdctennis
08-29-2007, 06:29 AM
You need choice extra. It's $5 extra a month.