PDA

View Full Version : Federer's Wimbledon

SamaRafa
06-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Does anyone feel that with Roger pulling out of Halle will dent his chances about winning Wimbledon.

I feel that Halle has always been a great prep for Rogers Grass season, so why pull out ?
Nadal hasn't pulled out of Queens and they have both played the same amount of games since Hamberg.
Last year Federer even played more ! by getting to the finals of Miami, Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Rome, Monte Carlo.
and yet this year he hasn't played as much this year, the year that he has a bumpy streak.

Also with the break up of him and Tony Roche? so he's not learning anything new e.g. tactics, off court strats.... etc

Keeping in mind.....

Nadal is arguably better this year
Winning Roland Garros (again)
Winning Indian Wells
Most of the Clay events
Aussieland Open

what do you think ?

David L
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone feel that with Roger pulling out of Halle will dent his chances about winning Wimbledon.

I feel that Halle has always been a great prep for Rogers Grass season, so why pull out ?
Nadal hasn't pulled out of Queens and they have both played the same amount of games since Hamberg.
Last year Federer even played more ! by getting to the finals of Miami, Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Rome, Monte Carlo.
and yet this year he hasn't played as much this year, the year that he has a bumpy streak.

Also with the break up of him and Tony Roche? so he's not learning anything new e.g. tactics, off court strats.... etc

Keeping in mind.....

Nadal is arguably better this year
Winning Roland Garros (again)
Winning Indian Wells
Most of the Clay events
Aussieland Open

what do you think ?He's trying to prevent injury according to this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6740397.stm

Also, you don't always need a coach to learn new things. Federer knows more about tennis than almost anyone on the planet or at least as much. He's also already won the Australian Open and made the final of the French, so he's still in pretty good form this year. Don't worry, he's not going anywhere. He'll be in his element in the second half of the year.

Moose Malloy
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Federer's trainer advised him not to play Halle last year. It turned out to be one of the toughest weeks of his career(look at the scores), he wasn't physically or mentally ready to play so soon after contesting a slam final. And remember nadal was 'injured' at queens after playing 2 matches. Rest may be more important this week, than playing matches.

Fed knows how to play on grass, he doesn't need to play on it to be ready for Wimbledon. He won Wimbledon losing only one set last year, he will still be a huge favorite this year.

Plus Ancic & possibly Murray aren't playing, & they are among the better grasscourt players on tour.

zapvor
06-12-2007, 01:56 AM
yea i agree. Federer knows what hes doing. the 2nd half should be easier going

jelle v
06-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Does anyone know if he is going to play the Ordina Open in Rosmalen now? That would make me consider bying a ticket for that tournament :o