PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the surfaces

TheNatural
06-11-2007, 07:37 PM
I read on the battle of the surfaces website that the event will take place again at the same place for the next 2 years. Does anyone know if it will be the Roland Garros Champion vs the Wilmbledon Champion(Nadal may have to play himself) or just Nadal vs Federer again?

http://www.thebattleofsurfaces.com/imagesv2/frontpage-picclay2big.jpg

edberg505
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I read on the battle of the surfaces website that the event will take place again at the same place for the next 2 years. Does anyone know if it will be the Roland Garros Champion vs the Wilmbledon Champion(Nadal may have to play himself) or just Nadal vs Federer again?

Boy you are really stoking the flames aren't you. I wonder if you will show up here if he gets owned in the 3rd round or something like that.

zapvor
06-12-2007, 01:52 AM
I

http://www.thebattleofsurfaces.com/imagesv2/frontpage-picclay2big.jpg

that is one of the coolest looking trophy ever. gahhhhhh i want one

TheNatural
06-12-2007, 03:29 AM
hahha

I was genuinely just curious about the battle of the surfaces after i read that Fed and Nadal got $1million euros between them for the match. The website only states that the event will be held there for the following 2 years, but anything could happen in the next 2 years. SO I was just curious about how they decided the participants.

Realistically, Nadal isnt expected to do much at Wimbledon, so a 3rd round wouldnt be too bad. Theres other guys I wouldnt mind seeing win wimbledon besides Nadal.

Boy you are really stoking the flames aren't you. I wonder if you will show up here if he gets owned in the 3rd round or something like that.

Zaragoza
06-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Nadal will play for sure since the event will take place in Mallorca. It will depend if Federer accepts to play again or not. I heard they wanted a Nadal-Federer in the next 2 years, not the FO champion vs Wimbledon champion.

TheNatural
06-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Cheers:D :D

Nadal will play for sure since the event will take place in Mallorca. It will depend if Federer accepts to play again or not. I heard they wanted a Nadal-Federer in the next 2 years, not the FO champion vs Wimbledon champion.

Eviscerator
06-12-2007, 06:39 AM
I have not read how the surface played, grass or clay, but my guess is the grass portion was not like the old low bounce slick surface it has been in the past at Wimbledon.

Even though I like the idea of the match, I am surprised either player agreed to it from a potential injury standpoint. That said, I like the concept, the trophy, and look forward to seeing it next year.

veritech
06-12-2007, 09:03 AM

i lol'ed. :D