PDA

View Full Version : what's with Nadal...

keithchircop
06-12-2007, 04:45 AM
what's with Nadal throwing really bad looks at Fed every time Fed made a winner? i watched the FO final on eurosport. when Fed made a point they kept getting these slow-mo replays with zooms on Nadal's face. the looks he gave Fed before turning to walk to the baseline... he looked like a cholo.

also, there's all this talk about Nadal pulling the thong out of his crack before every point and nobody mentions his rejoicing when his opponents hit a ball in the net. it's not like he made a winner, what does he pump his fists for? very unsportsmanlike.

kimizz
06-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Ive seen from time to time ppl complain when Nadal pumps the fist to UE error. But he doesnt do it in every situation. Imagine the pressure...playing in Grand Slam and the opponent has a slight edge. Then you play well enough to win the point(even if its a UE), I think thats were the pressure is reliefed! And thats what gets Nadal going. I know Im happy when I win a point in a tight situation even if the opponent makes the UE.

TheNatural
06-12-2007, 05:26 AM
THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)
[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[_] Fake/duplicate account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[X] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[X] It is a lame troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[X] Original Poster's grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It compares Graf and Seles, in any way.
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year old's career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clown's chances at a clay event or in an individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about Americans not showing up in Monte Carlo
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp are called an injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, eejit.
[X] It was created by a 13 year old desperate for attention
[_] It contains advice to a top ten pro player from a 3.0 with a losing record
[_] It predicts the winner of a tournament final based on a 'feeling'
[_] It's a 'Hey I'm back' thread after a) you were banned for a damn good reason or b) no one noticed you were gone or missed you.
[_] It's a duplicate thread started by someone who can't scroll a few inches down the first page.
[X] It's another sour grapes post after your player just copped a hiding

Eviscerator
06-12-2007, 05:29 AM
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[X] Original Poster's grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year old's career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clown's chances at a clay event or in an individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about Americans not showing up in Monte Carlo
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] Wrong forum, eejit.
[_] It's a 'Hey I'm back' thread after a) you were banned for a damn good reason or b) no one noticed you were gone or missed you.
[_] It's a duplicate thread started by someone who can't scroll a few inches down the first page.

:mrgreen: :lol:

caulcano
06-12-2007, 05:30 AM
[X] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[X] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] Original Poster's grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[X] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[X] Use the damn search engine
[X] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] Wrong forum, eejit.

Silent
06-12-2007, 07:34 AM
I agree.

Being intense should be absolutely and strictly prohibited.

Death or deportation as punishments for this terrible offense seem fair, although torture is an interesting option.

keithchircop
06-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Ive seen from time to time ppl complain when Nadal pumps the fist to UE error. But he doesnt do it in every situation. Imagine the pressure...playing in Grand Slam and the opponent has a slight edge. Then you play well enough to win the point(even if its a UE), I think thats were the pressure is reliefed! And thats what gets Nadal going. I know Im happy when I win a point in a tight situation even if the opponent makes the UE.

i see what you mean. yet, how many pros act that way?

keithchircop
06-12-2007, 11:29 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A1JBbKbtzJY

i think this is gaudio telling nadal "if you pump your first to an unforced error again i'll make you eat your racquet"

Zaragoza
06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Imagine if Nadal did something like this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe6uLXaAnhQ

BigServer1
06-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Imagine if Nadal did something like this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe6uLXaAnhQ

That had to be the funniest thing to happen on tour since McEnroe was playing.

TheTruth
06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
what's with Nadal throwing really bad looks at Fed every time Fed made a winner? i watched the FO final on eurosport. when Fed made a point they kept getting these slow-mo replays with zooms on Nadal's face. the looks he gave Fed before turning to walk to the baseline... he looked like a cholo.

also, there's all this talk about Nadal pulling the thong out of his crack before every point and nobody mentions his rejoicing when his opponents hit a ball in the net. it's not like he made a winner, what does he pump his fists for? very unsportsmanlike.

90% of rejoicing on points are forced or unforced errors, from everybody! View the tapes.

I would throw bad looks across the net at my opponent too, if he came out and said he was fitter and stronger than me. I would make him prove it. I would yank him from side to side, scare him into not coming in, pressure his forehand and backhand, and dare him to beat me with his fitter, stronger self. I would do all of this on a bum foot that required an MRI and then throw him a bone later in my interviews. Oh wait, that really happened, didn't it? Good on you, Rafa. Maybe next time Rog will play him game on the court rather than in the press room!