PDA

View Full Version : Will federer win both Wimbledon and US open this year?

tonsorial
06-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Guys, how do you see his chances of winning the remaining two slams this year?

MsPiggy
06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Why not? Just because he lost the French? He lost the French last year to Nadal too but won Wimbledon and US Open back to back. He can definitely do it again this year without a doubt.

CyBorg
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm a bit worried about the serving. It's not getting better and has been brutal since Indian Wells.

Will this continue?

Nadal_Freak
06-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Fed will win both. He made a great run at the French Open which is his worst surface so I expect things to be much better on the faster surfaces. Mentally he is more upbeat as well on them.

NadalForever
06-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Novak Djokovic will win US Open this year. He is as ambitious as Federer and Nadal in having the number one ranking and he is getting better every week. I am still suprised he got to French Open semi at such a young age on his worst surface. Djokovic has a much better serve than Federer and that will be the key to him beating Federer. Of course I hope that Nadal will win both Wimbledon and US Open but I am being realistic.

CyBorg
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Novak Djokovic will win US Open this year. He is as ambitious as Federer and Nadal in having the number one ranking and he is getting better every week. I am still suprised he got to French Open semi at such a young age on his worst surface. Djokovic has a much better serve than Federer and that will be the key to him beating Federer. Of course I hope that Nadal will win both Wimbledon and US Open but I am being realistic.

People are starting to forget just how good a server Roger was until he became the Shaquille O'Neal of serving circa March.

Nadal_Freak
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Grass is Djokovic's worst surface. He has a western grip so high bouncy stuff helps him out. I think the Australian Open will probably be his chance to win it all next year.

The Victor
06-12-2007, 02:54 PM
People are starting to forget just how good a server Roger was until he became the Shaquille O'Neal of serving circa March.

One look at the Wimbledon grass and his serve will come storming back - I hope :D

Moose Malloy
06-12-2007, 02:54 PM
This is the most underrated double in tennis. Can't believe that Fed is on the verge of sweeping both for the 4th straight year.

psamp14
06-12-2007, 02:56 PM
i know he played in such a pathetic manner in the final and everyone's so disappointed with him...questioning his game and tactics, but after hearing his interviews where he says he knows his window of time and he will continue to create opportunities for himself....i think he's 3-peating again...wimbledon, us open, australian open....2008 french open will be his 3rd real chance...

Mastermind
06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Both. He won't let the French disappointment discourage him. Though he is taking Halle off, I think he needs to get to Wimbledon to practice asap.

federerfanatic
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM

Djokovic has a good serve, but an in form Federer has a much superior serve to Djokovic. It isnt even close. Federer's serve isnt "on" now and his serve still helped Federer much more in the French Open final vs Nadal, then Djokovic's did in the French Open semis vs Nadal.

35ft6
06-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I figure he's the at least as heavily favored on grass as Nadal is on clay, he's the odds on fave at Wimbledon for sure.

But if Nadal can make the US Open final, that would be very interesting to see how Roger performs against him.

psamp14
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I figure he's the at least as heavily favored on grass as Nadal is on clay, he's the odds on fave at Wimbledon for sure.

But if Nadal can make the US Open final, that would be very interesting to see how Roger performs against him.

i was hoping for this last year....because with a federer-nadal final would have meant a nadal-roddick semifinal..and that would have been pretty exciting for new york tennis, although it would also mean the american lost...assuming federer-nadal final

however, even with the federer meltdown two days ago, i think federer beats nadal on any fast surface...

crazylevity
06-12-2007, 10:41 PM

I agree...just re-watched his match at 05 AO with Agassi...24 aces in 3 sets, all 3 sets did not take more than 10 games. And many aces came on crucial points like Break Points or Deuce, a number of times consecutive aces.

All against Agassi, who was still the best returner in the game then.

tonsorial
06-13-2007, 12:25 AM
he needs to put his game together before wimbledon

Rhino
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
I think he is the most favoured - by quite a long way - to win each of those tournaments, but of course sport is sport so you never know. I'd like to see a Federer vs Nadal US Open final!

TheTruth
06-13-2007, 08:13 AM

That's funny! I've had Djokovic winning the Open this year for awhile. He wants it, and he knows he has the talent to do it. I don't see him getting the nerves. I still hope Nadal wins it. I want Nadal to win everything, but I'm afraid Djokovic just sat down at the table and wants his own piece of the pie.