PDA

View Full Version : Nadal wearing shorts?

sharapova4lyfe
06-13-2007, 01:42 AM
on the front of atptennis.com, it shows Nadal and Feliciano Lopez playing doubles, and Nadal looks like he's wearing shorts! Is this the first time he hasn't worn his capris in the past 2 or so years?

westside
06-13-2007, 01:44 AM
I thought he wore shorts for the U.S summer

helloworld
06-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Dude, it's the english people. What do you expect ?

FarFed
06-13-2007, 01:45 AM
on the front of atptennis.com, it shows Nadal and Feliciano Lopez playing doubles, and Nadal looks like he's wearing shorts! Is this the first time he hasn't worn his capris in the past 2 or so years?

Yeah man, seems like it! Don't know if it's the first time in many years or not.

jamumafa
06-13-2007, 03:09 AM
The last time I remember him playing in shorts (And I'm not counting those short things he worse at the USO season last summer) Was Madrid 05 where he beat Lljubo in the final

Scorch
06-13-2007, 03:19 AM
Dude, it's the english people. What do you expect ?

What does that mean?

Duzza
06-13-2007, 03:30 AM
I now fully support Nadal and any due actions he takes.

NebAce1
06-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Yea I never got why he wears those capri things. Seriously, what's the benefit of wearing those things?

BHStennisplayer
06-13-2007, 08:49 AM
How do you play in capris?

origmarm
06-13-2007, 08:56 AM
There is this weird trend at the moment for "sporting" capris for men. Everyone looks ridiculous wearing these. From a functional point of view I'm sure its not much different to wearing the full length version

As for the English comment I have to say that recently half the time when I see a proper chav, especially on holiday abroad that these seem to be the outfit of choice for the scum of our nation. Capris are going the way of Burberry

TheTruth
06-13-2007, 09:00 AM
I like the capri pants. It gives him a swashbuckling look and differentiates him from all of the other clones on the tour. Why can't people accept differences? Why can't I be me and you be you. Never understood that. We live in such a cookie cutter world? I guess we can blame Everybody for this. "but Mom, I have to go, Everybody is going to be there." Silly!

Nadal_Freak
06-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I like the capri pants. It gives him a swashbuckling look and differentiates him from all of the other clones on the tour. Why can't people accept differences? Why can't I be me and you be you. Never understood that. We live in such a cookie cutter world? I guess we can blame Everybody for this. "but Mom, I have to go, Everybody is going to be there." Silly!
Agreed. I actually like them. People will constantly hate on whatever Nadal does so I guess we have to get used to it.

arnz
06-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I neither like nor dislike them. But everyone should wear what they want to wear, regardless of what other people think. If he is being trendy or just plain ridiculous, its his right :)

yourserve
06-13-2007, 09:17 AM
he wears them because nike pays him big buck to wear them. i thought seeing johnny mac in the capris was very funny!

Marius_Hancu
06-13-2007, 09:22 AM
No big news, he does that all the time in training.

naffi
06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I have no problem with capris, but I do have a problem with watching Nadal picking out wedgies all the time. Other than that, he looks great in them. The problem is when people who lack ... fitness, shall we say, are wearing them. Couple ground rules would fix that right up:
No capris if you are:
1. Over the age of 32
2. Are even slightly overweight, and have at least one roll of fat hanging over the top

******************.blogspot.com

There is this weird trend at the moment for "sporting" capris for men. Everyone looks ridiculous wearing these. From a functional point of view I'm sure its not much different to wearing the full length version

As for the English comment I have to say that recently half the time when I see a proper chav, especially on holiday abroad that these seem to be the outfit of choice for the scum of our nation. Capris are going the way of Burberry

WhiteSox05CA
06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
He's wearing capris at Queen's club isn't he?

jesus_l11
06-13-2007, 11:54 AM
he only wore them for doubles. later he played del potro and was wearing capris.

sapient007
06-13-2007, 12:04 PM
he still has his finger up the arse tho.

Morrissey
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Agreed. I actually like them. People will constantly hate on whatever Nadal does so I guess we have to get used to it.

I agree too, I also like them. Hey to each their own. You donīt like it? Donīt wear it and thatīs the end of the story.

J-man
06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
It's doubles so he'll wear just whatever

pound cat
06-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Q. How do you play in capris?

A. Really, really well.

He and Lopez were dressed alike for doubles.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74568687.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C4F70F8076A39DEE358BAD7F55271C71

wears shorts...they lost ..... doubles

wears piratas...he wins ..... del Potro

Django
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
If you don't like the capris -- and I wouldn't wear them -- then accept the fact that Nike isn't "targeting" you. Simple as that. Your objections are meaningless.

(I don't watch reality TV, eat at McDonald's, nor care about Paris Hilton. But that hasn't slowed down any of those marketing efforts either.)

TheTruth
06-13-2007, 07:19 PM

True! But it doesn't matter. His popularity is soaring. My non-tennis watching friends are now suddenly glued to the TV watching Nadal. He's a beast!!!

Nadal_Freak
06-13-2007, 09:15 PM
True! But it doesn't matter. His popularity is soaring. My non-tennis watching friends are now suddenly glued to the TV watching Nadal. He's a beast!!!
Yeah it's incredible. I've never seen anyone make Federer run as much as Nadal in that final. :D The high looping shots to Fed's backhand or the flatter and harder forehand shot down the line to keep Fed honest was great.

MariaS
06-13-2007, 09:27 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:kmW2JvE_Ki_8UM:http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/06/06/wbSPLIFEnadal_narrowweb__200x270.jpg

princess bossass
06-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Yea I never got why he wears those capri things. Seriously, what's the benefit of wearing those things?

Maybe he has really ugly legs?

I admit I wear capris...

...out on the town, with cute strappy heels. ;)

SoBad
06-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Maybe he has really ugly legs?

Nah that's the thing - he has good legs and looks good in regular tennis shorts, that's why I am surprised he's become the capris poster boy, especially since they are apparently not comfortable for him, considering that he needs to adjust them frequently.

princess bossass
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Nah that's the thing - he has good legs and looks good in regular tennis shorts, that's why I am surprised he's become the capris poster boy, especially since they are apparently not comfortable for him, considering that he needs to adjust them frequently.

Adjust, LOL! I like your euphemism.

mileslong
06-14-2007, 07:56 AM
then why dont you just wear a skirt then? if you want to be different just for the sake of being different. you can mix and match and put together a hundred different outfits and thats not being cookie cutter but men just shouldnt wear shirts, capris, halter tops, tube tops, blouses, high heels or a number of other clothing items on a tennis court. thats not being a sheep thats just being a man with some class...

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-14-2007, 12:52 PM
then why dont you just wear a skirt then? if you want to be different just for the sake of being different. you can mix and match and put together a hundred different outfits and thats not being cookie cutter but men just shouldnt wear shirts (??) , capris, halter tops, tube tops, blouses, high heels or a number of other clothing items on a tennis court. thats not being a sheep thats just being a man with some class...

Totally another subject. And again IMO the adage should apply: "To each his own.." Doesn't make anyone less of a man to do or wear what they want. For that reason alone, I should think that made them at least more of an individual.

>>>>I added the question marks, as men are required to wear shirts on a tennis court at tournaments.

TheTruth
06-14-2007, 05:50 PM
then why dont you just wear a skirt then? if you want to be different just for the sake of being different. you can mix and match and put together a hundred different outfits and thats not being cookie cutter but men just shouldnt wear shirts, capris, halter tops, tube tops, blouses, high heels or a number of other clothing items on a tennis court. thats not being a sheep thats just being a man with some class...

Calm down! I do wear skirts. I'm a woman! And I just happen to believe that he can wear whatever he wants to wear. He doesn't need your approval and never do I! Wear a skirt! that's funny!

tennishead93
06-14-2007, 06:06 PM
he wore shorts throughout wimby 06

TheTruth
06-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah it's incredible. I've never seen anyone make Federer run as much as Nadal in that final. :D The high looping shots to Fed's backhand or the flatter and harder forehand shot down the line to keep Fed honest was great.

Nadal_Freak,

What did you think about the way our boy was playing? It didn't look like he was even trying that hard to me. It was like, just enough, but not too much. I'm sure he would have raised his game if he had to, but I don't know. It looked pretty effortless to me. I've watched it over and over. I still can't make out what happened. Was it competitive? Were they both kind of lackadaisical. I mean, there were some good points, but...I don't know. I can't put my finger on it!

Nadal_Freak
06-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Nadal_Freak,

What did you think about the way our boy was playing? It didn't look like he was even trying that hard to me. It was like, just enough, but not too much. I'm sure he would have raised his game if he had to, but I don't know. It looked pretty effortless to me. I've watched it over and over. I still can't make out what happened. Was it competitive? Were they both kind of lackadaisical. I mean, there were some good points, but...I don't know. I can't put my finger on it!
It seems like Federer gives Nadal a great rhythm. He gives Nadal plenty of floating backhands in the middle of the court and that is what gives Nadal a great rhythm. Davydenko probably would've been a bigger threat as he takes the ball early on both sides and has a great backhand. Nadal through the first 2 sets was making more unforced errors than he normally does. I guess the conditions were much different and it took some time for Nadal to get used to plus he was a bit nervous at times. At the end, it felt very routine for Nadal again. The conditions really helped Nadal with the ball jumping higher on Federer's backhand than normally.

zpeed7
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM

$$$$$$$$$$

pound cat
06-15-2007, 04:15 AM

Now, if Federer had been wearing longer panrs he would have been able to run faster.

Can you imagine it..Federer in capris. As Dick E would say, "oh my."

rasajadad
06-15-2007, 06:16 AM
FWIW, he practices in shorts. I have picutures of him at the US Open on a side court wearing them. The bigger observation is that he did not have to pull them out of his behind after every rally!

TheTruth
06-16-2007, 08:46 PM
It seems like Federer gives Nadal a great rhythm. He gives Nadal plenty of floating backhands in the middle of the court and that is what gives Nadal a great rhythm. Davydenko probably would've been a bigger threat as he takes the ball early on both sides and has a great backhand. Nadal through the first 2 sets was making more unforced errors than he normally does. I guess the conditions were much different and it took some time for Nadal to get used to plus he was a bit nervous at times. At the end, it felt very routine for Nadal again. The conditions really helped Nadal with the ball jumping higher on Federer's backhand than normally.

Thanks! Great analysis!