PDA

View Full Version : Will the French Open loss encourage Federer to work even harder?

Fedexeon
06-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Well, i'm a half-full person. Instead of looking at the negative side, why not look at the bright side. Federer lost to Nadal for the 3rd time in Roland Garros, but its no doubt that he has improved his clay court game this year.

I think this loss will encourage Federer to work harder. You can see that he's putting effort improving his backhand. He can get even fitter which i think he knows that. All these losses will only make him to continue to improve.

Bassus
06-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Well, i'm a half-full person. Instead of looking at the negative side, why not look at the bright side. Federer lost to Nadal for the 3rd time in Roland Garros, but its no doubt that he has improved his clay court game this year.

I think this loss will encourage Federer to work harder. You can see that he's putting effort improving his backhand. He can get even fitter which i think he knows that. All these losses will only make him to continue to improve.

Hopefully that will be the case. And hopefully he will remain healthy enough to challenge at the French well into his late 20s.

The problem is that there have been very few winners at the French past the age of 25.

BiGGieStuFF
06-13-2007, 06:55 AM
It's a huge advantage that Federer's game is head and shoulders above the rest of the tour minus Nadal. He may become obsessed with the French and start pacing himself a few months before the tournament in order to be fit enough to take nadal but Fed had his chances. 18 break points and he was only able to convert on 1 means He had more than his share of opportunities. Nadal was tough as nails though, but Fed just has to convert a few more of those and the match would be more in his favor.

After losing all those chances you could see Fed start to press and the errors just piled on quickly and Fed fell right into Nadal's hands.

It will be interesting to see what approach he takes because Fed can't get that much better. It's more execution than anything else.