PDA

View Full Version : Is Nadal the future of tennis?

Golden Retriever
06-13-2007, 04:41 AM
I can foresee many coaches starting to train their favorite proteges to be left handed players. Nadal has proven that lefties can be nurtured. You can see that even now Nadal is not too comfortable with serving lefthanded.

I can see the future GOAT serving lefthanded and righthanded at random and using two forehands. He will humiliate his opponents by using his righthand at the first 2 sets winning closely and then begals his opponent by switching to his lefthand.

Fedace
06-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Do you guys know where i can buy that tumomentum.es T-shirt rafa is wearing on the front page of his website ??

helloworld
06-13-2007, 05:13 AM
I can foresee many coaches starting to train their favorite proteges to be left handed players. Nadal has proven that lefties can be nurtured. You can see that even now Nadal is not too comfortable with serving lefthanded.

I can see the future GOAT serving lefthanded and righthanded at random and using two forehands. He will humiliate his opponents by using his righthand at the first 2 sets winning closely and then begals his opponent by switching to his lefthand.

Ahh... hell no. You can see that only in cartoon probably, but I can assure you that the real GOAT is yet to come. I don't think Federer is the one. He certainly is one of the greatest, but he's not THE ONE, IMO.

caulcano
06-13-2007, 05:15 AM

As an old friend of mine would say, "if you haven't got the clay, you can't make the pot" ...

NebAce1
06-13-2007, 05:21 AM

I think that Nadal might be the Future of Tennis, I don't think coaches will start to train their kids to be lefty's, but I do think that they will train their students to play that same style as Rafa (the heavy topsin, fast game.) I have already seen some kids playing like that.

BHStennisplayer
06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I wish it had happened to me. i hate playing lefties because my best shot, my inside-out forehand goes right to their wheelhouse.

edmondsm
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I wish it had happened to me. i hate playing lefties because my best shot, my inside-out forehand goes right to their wheelhouse.

I know that feeling. Works great against righties though.

Rafa the future of tennis. I don't think so. You have to be incredibly athletic to pull off his game. If he wasn't such a great mover he wouldn't be anywhere near the position to be able to hit the shots he does. Even with that, he gets beat by inferior athletes on hard courts because of his over-reliance on speedyness and topspin.

Big Fed
06-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Get off nadal's nuts yo. He can only win the French nothing else.

CyBorg
06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Nadal is proof that lefties are indeed real people.

pound cat
06-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Nadal is proof that lefties are indeed real people.

But Nadal is a made, not born, leftie. So what kind of person does that make him?

omniexist
06-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Ahh... hell no. You can see that only in cartoon probably, but I can assure you that the real GOAT is yet to come. I don't think Federer is the one. He certainly is one of the greatest, but he's not THE ONE, IMO.

Dude, you been watching too much Matrix...

Dangus
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
But Nadal is a made, not born, leftie. So what kind of person does that make him?

Ambidextrous.

Breaker
06-13-2007, 04:04 PM
If Nadal makes it past 25, maybe. I'm pretty sure Federer will be the one people try to emulate in the future.

JMS
06-13-2007, 05:10 PM

exactly, as time passes juniors will be training hareder and longer to reach that platform

rabidcow
06-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Ahhh, yes one thing about being a lefty is it eliminates the effectiveness of a right handers inside out forehand

fastdunn
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM

I think so. It has be a lefty. There will be a lefty who plays just like Sampras
or Federer.

Laver the lefty is the GOAT of pre-open era. There will be an equivalent
lefty in open era.

Oh, by the way, Neo of Matrix was a lefty, AFAIK.