PDA

View Full Version : Cure for hangover?

kalic
06-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Any ??? I try fruit juices, energy drinks, out ox, tons of water etc... Still cant find the magic cure.

alcap26
06-13-2007, 05:53 AM
drink a bottle of water b/4 you go to sleep or do hair of the dog the next morning

richw76
06-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Well the best answer is, don't drink so much that you're hungover..... But since I too was once underage and stupid.

Hangover is due to dehydration and toxins in the alchohol. So if you drink good booze, and drink 32oz or so of water before bed along with a tylenol or advil, and drink another 32oz when you wake you you should be in pretty good shape.

Then the easiest and hardest thing GETUP! go for a 2 mile jog or play tennis or whatever and break a sweat. Best Regime I know..... other than stop acting like a 19 year old and don't drink so much, especially if you have things to do the next day ;-)

richw76
06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
drink a bottle of water b/4 you go to sleep or do hair of the dog the next morning

hair of the dog does work and I did it once or twice when I was on vacation a few weeks ago, but if you are messing with the dog more than once or twice a year you are probably an alchoholic so please go find an AA meeting before you hurt someone.

SalvadorVeiga
06-13-2007, 02:50 PM
here in Portugal we have something...its called Guronsan... the best thing ever invented dor hangover's...it makes miracles ;)

CanadianChic
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
It may sound a bit gross, but then again, so is drinking to excess (although it doesn't take much sometimes to get a hangover it seems). The key is grease....

I go out for the biggest hottest restaurant burger possible. By hot, I mean the patty is literally saturated in Louisiana hot sauce and they toss on jalapeños just for some extra zip. I then drink tomato juice for the rest of the day. This works like a charm every time. ;)

LuckyR
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
It may sound a bit gross, but then again, so is drinking to excess (although it doesn't take much sometimes to get a hangover it seems). The key is grease....

I go out for the biggest hottest restaurant burger possible. By hot, I mean the patty is literally saturated in Louisiana hot sauce and they toss on jalapeņos just for some extra zip. I then drink tomato juice for the rest of the day. This works like a charm every time. ;)

You do this when you have a hangover or the night before to prevent a hangover?

CanadianChic
06-13-2007, 04:43 PM

I do this when I'm hungover. The night before I drink water before bed and take a couple aspirin. :p

zapvor
06-13-2007, 04:55 PM

I do this when I'm hungover. The night before I drink water before bed and take a couple aspirin. :p

LOL..

friend A: hey what are you doing with that burger?
friend B: i am going to be hungover in 12 hours i better eat this hot burger

lethalfang
06-13-2007, 05:35 PM
If I had the cure for hangover, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. And then with so much money made from the anti-hangover cure, I can get the Congress to lower the drinking age and make even more money. ;-)

Trainer
06-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Lortab + 500 mg Ibuprofren works every time.

PeakXV
06-13-2007, 09:19 PM
If you're drinking beers - select a good MicroBrew that has no preservatives or artificial additives mixed in because the less poison/free radicals floating inside you .... the faster the recovery will be.

If all else fails a good greasy breakfast and hair of the dog should bring you around.

zapvor
06-14-2007, 12:04 AM
If I had the cure for hangover, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. And then with so much money made from the anti-hangover cure, I can get the Congress to lower the drinking age and make even more money. ;-)

whoa. thats a good idea.

sloe_torture
06-14-2007, 01:32 AM
The best cure for a hangover are fluids and time. A great preventative is to drink 3-4 pints of water before you go to bed... but sometimes that's the last thing your body wants/can to do after kissing the toilet good night. Back in college I found that Gatorade Grape did a good job in washing away the alcohol/dry-heave aftertaste. Like canadianchic I also found vegetable juice and tomato juice great in calming a hung-over stomach.

Leoboomanu
06-14-2007, 02:08 AM
CC... I thought the cure for hangover is getting another one of what caused it?
No wonder I'm still hung... hahaha

richw76
06-14-2007, 03:19 AM
CC... I thought the cure for hangover is getting another one of what caused it?
No wonder I'm still hung... hahaha

That's the hair of the dog, everyone's been talking about. Google the term I think Wikipedia has a good entry on it.

origmarm
06-14-2007, 03:25 AM
The one that always works for me is a pint of water and two ibuprofens BEFORE you go to bed.
If you are too far gone to accomplish this then the only thing for it is the ibuprofens as soon as you wake up, drink that pint and go back to sleep for two hours. Wonders....

kalic
06-14-2007, 03:48 AM
The one that always works for me is a pint of water and two ibuprofens BEFORE you go to bed.
If you are too far gone to accomplish this then the only thing for it is the ibuprofens as soon as you wake up, drink that pint and go back to sleep for two hours. Wonders....

What is that? Brufen- painkiler?

origmarm
06-14-2007, 04:04 AM
What is that? Brufen- painkiler?

Ibuprofen is a painkiller, it was originally marketed (and one brand still does so) as Nurofen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibuprofen
is the wikipedia on it

LuckyR
06-14-2007, 09:14 AM

I'd consider switching from aspirin to tylenol (much easier on your stomach lining). As to a jalapeno burger during a hangover, perhaps it works by taking your mind off of your hangover to parts south of there...

TheShaun
06-14-2007, 09:58 AM
for me it's a powerade blue colour, advil and something greasy to eat.

CanadianChic
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I'd consider switching from aspirin to tylenol (much easier on your stomach lining). As to a jalapeno burger during a hangover, perhaps it works by taking your mind off of your hangover to parts south of there...

I used to take Tylenol actually, but then all that media coverage hit regarding the effects of Tylenol and alcohol combined on the liver. Yeah, 'cause there's nothing sexier than a woman who has had too much to drink unless it's one who says "excuse me while I dispose of that darn jalapeņo burger. I may be a few minutes." ;)

LuckyR
06-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I used to take Tylenol actually, but then all that media coverage hit regarding the effects of Tylenol and alcohol combined on the liver. Yeah, 'cause there's nothing sexier than a woman who has had too much to drink unless it's one who says "excuse me while I dispose of that darn jalapeņo burger. I may be a few minutes." ;)

Yeah I see your point on the tylenol. So split the difference and use Motrin...

zapvor
06-14-2007, 05:16 PM

what???? ok you are kidding.

mctennis
06-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Don't drink thus no hangover. LOL

emcee143
06-17-2007, 11:50 PM
I heard cytomax or gookinaid cured a hangover

AlpineCadet
06-17-2007, 11:56 PM
..the best cure for a hangover when you first wake up? Go back to sleep!

BNK
06-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Water and Time

zapvor
06-18-2007, 02:49 AM
doing it again with the stranger beside you. ;)

circusmouse
06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
I don't think there is any one cure for the hangover, since a hangover consists of several components. For the nausea, I find Tums helpful. It absorbs the acids in the stomach. For the headache and general poopiness, I second the gatorade nomination. Ibuprofen helps, but I try not to take that stuff needlessly since I already take it regularly before tennis. A greasy breakfast is also a must for all-around well-being. I've also recently heard that taking milk thistle before going to bed helps. I haven't yet tried it but I figure it's worth throwing out there. It's supposed to clean toxins out of the liver.

gdsballer
06-18-2007, 09:12 AM
i got an idea....dont drink!

chroix
06-18-2007, 09:37 AM
IMO drink quality liquor or beer and stick to one type of drink with the same brand. At least one glass of water to every two drinks (should be one to one but that would be boring...) and always drink one or two glasses of water before you crash out.

croatian sensation
06-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Lortab + 500 mg Ibuprofren works every time.

500 mg!? Now that's gotta be a nasty hangover. I take 200 mg if the headache is killing me and it's enough.

Greasy food, you say!? Hmm...never tried it. Though, on the other hand..can't really remember when was the last time I had a hangover. Party days are over.

Aggro
06-22-2007, 01:25 PM
dunno if u guys get this over the USA but Alka Seltzer is my life saver :) many times has this saved me before a tennis match after a night of booze :D

Vision84
06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Don't drink cheap beer such as Bud Ligt, Keystone Light, Miller Light, Coors etc.

Don't drink wine in excess as it can have a tendency to give the worst hangovers.

Don't drink liquer such as most Rums and Vodka, especialy the cheap stuff and definately don't mix with energy drinks such as Red Bull

Stick to good beer and if you don't drink way in excess you should be ok.

Also don't mix different stuff and make sure you drink lots of water to rehyrdrate. If I don't before I go to bed I always end up drinking at least 2 pints of water when I first wake up.

The worst hangovers iv'e had have been from Wine, Vodka and Captain Morgans Rum.

Richie Rich
06-23-2007, 07:32 AM
before you drink go the the drugstore and buy some zantac antacid. take a couple of pills. it coats your stomach and slows alcohol absorption.

before going to sleep/passing out, drink at least a couple bottles of water and pop 2 alleve's. extra strength advils work ok too.

get up - coffee to get you started and keep on the water. maybe even a couple more alleves/advils.

seems to work for me.

BTW, i'd pass on Canadian Chics recommendation of a big greasy breakfast first thing in the morning. tried that once and it came back up pretty fast :mrgreen:

LuckyR
06-23-2007, 08:37 AM
before you drink go the the drugstore and buy some zantac antacid. take a couple of pills. it coats your stomach and slows alcohol absorption.

BTW- Zantac is an H2 blocker, not an antacid. It is a medication that decreases acid production so does not coat you stomach and certainly does not change alcohol absorbtion. But not a bad choice of product for it's intended purpose, especially if you are prone to stomach problems when not drinking.

stormholloway
06-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I can't believe how many people are telling him to stop drinking. He wants a hangover cure, not to stop drinking.

My suggestion is to drink higher quality drinks. The nicer vodkas are very good at avoiding hangovers. Japanese Sake, the nice ones, can often be almost hangover free.

Then remember to have 3 glasses of water before you go to bed. Just sit there and drink them.

Final_Match_Point
06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Ibuprofen+alcohol isnt a very good idea, but Drink LOTS of water during drinking as a preventative,

Large meals after drinking, and hydration help the morning after. Hair of dog cures would just relieve your symptoms, During that time you NEED to drink water.

chroix
06-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Single malt scotch straight or rocks.

theace21
06-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Just like in tennis, you need to condition yourself better. Your alcohol fitness level is low, better drink more often...