PDA

View Full Version : Chances of an American to win Wimbledon


JBlake27
06-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I am just wondering what percentage do you think an American has a chance to win wimbledon. Also do you think Blake has a chance to make a deep run THANKS

War, Safin!
06-13-2007, 01:23 PM
1 - I am just wondering what percentage do you think an American has a chance to win wimbledon.
2 - Also do you think Blake has a chance to make a deep run THANKS
1 - 0%
2 - No.

Lleytian3
06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
No offense,
the reason why you have no responses is because an american isnt goin to win wimbledon
they are likely to win wimbeldon as they are likely to win the french
so there u go

also blake, no chance

Rhino
06-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Try starting a thread called "chances of a Swiss to win Wimbledon", you'll get loads of replies.

WhiteSox05CA
06-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Why can't Blake go deep? He's got powerful flat strokes, and he can volley too, and his serve isn't really a weakness. Roddick will do good. TENNIS magazine predicted Roddick in the final.

Zets147
06-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Go Yves!!!!!

Doc Hollidae
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
As long as Federer is playing tennis, no American has a chance.

edmondsm
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Can't wait to get flamed for this:

How about the two-time finalist huh? Does he really have a 0% chance? I know none of you haters will think about it logically, or answer seriously, but deep down you know that giving Roddick zero chance at Wimbledon is not right.

Blake could make a run, sure. Will he? Probably not. He will most likely run into a strong grass-courter in the early rounds and his mental frailty will again be exposed.

boobik2371
06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
As long as Federer plays noone has much of a chance anywhere. Except maybe Safin, but then again I pick Safin to win any draw I enter :roll:

forzainter
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
is there any chance of roddick playing federer before the final or semis?

tintin
06-13-2007, 01:58 PM
hell Blake lost to Mirny for pete's sake and the guy can't fcking win a 5 setter after all this time:rolleyes:
unless his opponents drops on the court he ain't winning a damn thing,sorry Jblake,newcomer ;)

Jack the Hack
06-13-2007, 02:02 PM
There is actually a REALLY good chance that an American will win Wimbledon this year.









Seriously.





















In doubles...


:D

tintin
06-13-2007, 02:03 PM
^^^^:lol: :lol: :lol:

JBlake27
06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Roddick then at least has a good chance to make the final, even if he cant beat fed

Forehand Forever
06-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Roddick has a real good chance at at least making the finals of Wimbledon. Blake , maybe not the finals but I could see him making a run to the quarters or semi's possibly. What about Sam Querrey? He seems like he might be able to make a nice run at Wimbledon too.

Max G.
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM
IMO, Blake doesn't have too much of a chance to get far, at least no better of a chance than he usually does, and he hasn't ever done too well at wimby. Roddick has a fine chance to make the semis or finals, though to win he'd have to have Federer and maybe also Nadal forget to show up. Querrey - might win a round or two, probably won't win more than three, and is just as likely to lose first round. I don't really have any expectations of him.

JBlake27
06-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I think Blake might just suprise the whole tennis world and make a semi-final

Kaptain Karl
06-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Off the top of my head ...

<Federer . . . 85%>
Roddick . . . 25%
<Nadal . . . . 20%>
Blake . . . . . 10%
Querrey . . . 8.5%

(Assuming they are healthy)
V. Williams . . 35%
S. Williams . . 25%

Bryans . . . . . 70%

(Don't know about Girls Dubs or Mixed.)

- KK

rabidcow
06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Ummm mens I would say Roddick has about a 10% (one of the top two get hurt) and the Bryan brothers rank at about 80%

Blake- third round

latinking
06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Alot of you make me laugh. He asked if any american has a CHANCE. Sure they do, even if not a good chance, Roddick and Blake has a chance. Its sports, not science, anything can happen. Fed lost to guys this year that nobody would have predicted. Having said that, I would be very surprised if an american wins, almost shocked, but they do have a chance. Thats why they play.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
06-13-2007, 06:44 PM
They cant even win the us open.

kingdaddy41788
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
As long as Federer is playing tennis, no American has a chance.

Bingo

Can't wait to get flamed for this:

How about the two-time finalist huh? Does he really have a 0% chance? I know none of you haters will think about it logically, or answer seriously, but deep down you know that giving Roddick zero chance at Wimbledon is not right.

Blake could make a run, sure. Will he? Probably not. He will most likely run into a strong grass-courter in the early rounds and his mental frailty will again be exposed.

Well, I think Roddick can do very well at Wimbledon. But the entire field has about a combined 1% chance of winning wimbledon. And when you split that among 127 other guys, it doesn't go too far, you know? I think Roddick will do well, but there's a 99% chance that Federer will win it again. So when you think about, Roddick's chances are close to 0%.

latinking
06-13-2007, 06:47 PM
I think Blake might just suprise the whole tennis world and make a semi-final

I would love to see that, or even better, alot of people think he is finised. I don't think he is, not yet. People on these boards really bash him.

kingdaddy41788
06-13-2007, 06:49 PM
IMO, Blake doesn't have too much of a chance to get far, at least no better of a chance than he usually does, and he hasn't ever done too well at wimby. Roddick has a fine chance to make the semis or finals, though to win he'd have to have Federer and maybe also Nadal forget to show up. Querrey - might win a round or two, probably won't win more than three, and is just as likely to lose first round. I don't really have any expectations of him.

Sorry, but Nadal has no chance. None. He had a SWEETHEART draw last year. It won't happen again. And for the record, I think Roddick would pummel him on grass.

Shaolin
06-13-2007, 06:53 PM
About the same chance of being hit by lightning. On a cloudless day. While riding a unicycle. On the Great Wall of China. While talking to Kiera Knighly on your cell phone. On the same day that you won the lottery.*

*Unless Fed is out, then Id say Roddick will probably win it.

WhiteSox05CA
06-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Also, didn't TENNIS magazine predict Serena to win it all?

Roddick's got the best chance next to Federer

tintin
06-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Also, didn't TENNIS magazine predict Serena to win it all?

Roddick's got the best chance next to Federer

didn't tennis mag predict Serena as a finalist at RG too?;) ;) ;)

Cindysphinx
06-14-2007, 05:58 AM
It's Venus' turn.

Eviscerator
06-14-2007, 07:23 AM
1 - 0%
2 - No.

WOW

I'd say there is a 35% chance with most of that representing Roddick. However I think Blake has a chance to go deep provided he gets the right draw and a few breaks. I don't see him winning it, but then again I didn't think Thomas Johansson would win a slam and look at what happened.

JohnS
06-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Can't wait to get flamed for this:

How about the two-time finalist huh? Does he really have a 0% chance? I know none of you haters will think about it logically, or answer seriously, but deep down you know that giving Roddick zero chance at Wimbledon is not right.

Blake could make a run, sure. Will he? Probably not. He will most likely run into a strong grass-courter in the early rounds and his mental frailty will again be exposed.


I agree. Roddick is being very over looked here. He's got the firepower to win if he uses it. Roddick has gone deep into Wimby how many times? He's still a top five player for a reason. Blake, his style of play may be pretty good on grass. Short points are his friends.

In terms of Americans overall, the Bryan's have a very 'legit' chance to win. and dont forget the William's too. Sam Querry is a threat. He may not win, but he's dangerous.

theballboy
06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
didn't tennis mag predict Serena as a finalist at RG too?;) ;) ;)

Had she been on the other half of the draw, she would have been in the final. Who would have been her competition? Sharapova, Ivanovic, and an injured Kuznetsova?

Jonny S&V
06-14-2007, 08:16 AM
didn't tennis mag predict Serena as a finalist at RG too?;) ;) ;)

She had to play Henin on her best surface when she was really hot at the time and you are playing on your worst surface. Obviously, Roddick would probably get to the SF if he is on Feds side or Finals if he is on the other side. Blake will probably get to the 3rd-4th round and get beat by a bigger hitter (Berdych or Ancic). Serena will get to the SF at the very, very least (unless she is "injured"), but I don't think Venus will get past the QF. I think that this could be the breakout year for a bunch of the young americans, such as Querry or Vania King, so I am excited to see what those young people will do.

rocket
06-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I am just wondering what percentage do you think an American has a chance to win wimbledon. Also do you think Blake has a chance to make a deep run THANKS

Why limit to Wimby?