PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids using Luxilon Big Banger on my POG 107

Xevoius
09-30-2004, 07:02 AM
So I typically use Technifibre NRG 17. I really love this string however I have been going through a set every time I play only two sets. I just recently got some Luxilon BB Alu 16 rough and did a hybrid string job with Wilxon NXT 17 crosses and I am not really happy with how the racquet hits. It was suggested that I use nat gut for the crosses. The tensions I normally string the Technifibre is at 58 and I strung the hybrid at 53 mains 58 crosses.

It seems while playing with the hybrid, I am not able to generate more spin and I blast the ball long a lot of the time - am just not getting the bite on the ball that I am used to.

Any suggestions :?:

I think I am going to try my old Technifibre for crosses next time with Luxilon BB original, Lux BB Timo 18, Lux BB Ace 18 and the pentagon string along with Head Intellifibre 17. I have a feeling I am missing the control of the 17 gauge.

HeavyBall
09-30-2004, 07:24 AM
I would definitely try the NRG to see if the problem is the NXT or the Lux. If you don't like the NRG hybrid any more than the NXT, then you have to look for another string to use with the Lux.

jvis
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
how about moving it to 56/58 u wouldnt blast so many balls long.