PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Wildcards

JohnS
06-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Hello everyone!!! It's been a while since I started a thread, but I hope this will be fun for you all. My old roommate and I were talking about Wimbledon, who are the top grass-courters out there, and who we think will be in the quarters. Topic that came up were wildcards and how Wimbledon likes to rank and give entry to whom ever they wish.

The game: if 3 players wanted to participate at Wimbledon this year, but the only way they could get into the main draw were via wildcard from Wimby, whom would they be? This could be players you think they would give wildcards too or players you want to see playing Wimby.

1. Sampras: obvious, and the 'chance' to see Sampras v. Federer again
2. Ivanisevic: fun to watch this s&v'er
3. McEnroe: lmao, "mcenroe", enough said

caulcano
06-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Hello everyone!!! It's been a while since I started a thread, but I hope this will be fun for you all. My old roommate and I were talking about Wimbledon, who are the top grass-courters out there, and who we think will be in the quarters. Topic that came up were wildcards and how Wimbledon likes to rank and give entry to whom ever they wish.

The game: if 3 players wanted to participate at Wimbledon this year, but the only way they could get into the main draw were via wildcard from Wimby, whom would they be? This could be players you think they would give wildcards too or players you want to see playing Wimby.

1. Sampras: obvious, and the 'chance' to see Sampras v. Federer again
2. Ivanisevic: fun to watch this s&v'er
3. McEnroe: lmao, "mcenroe", enough said

1. Yeah that would be interesting but the chances of another Sampras v Federer would be very remote.
2. I'd love to see Goran try and bash those balls again ... remember the last time he had a wildcard?
3. No thx. Maybe Rafter or the 'Scud'.