PDA

View Full Version : Fed could win the next 3-5 Wimby's

christo
06-14-2007, 08:57 AM
As long as he stays healthy and motivated there's no one to scare him out there, tell me if I'm wrong

ksbh
06-14-2007, 08:57 AM
You're wrong.

As long as he stays healthy and motivated there's no one to scare him out there, tell me if I'm wrong

tennishead93
06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
djoko, berdych, nadal, gasquet

sureshs
06-14-2007, 12:08 PM
This Wimbledon will be won by Nadal.

See how well he has adjusted to grass at Queen's.

VGP
06-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Will Wayne Ferriera's prediction be correct where he said that Nadal will win Wimbledon before Federer wins Roland Garros?

Banger
06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
your right.

fastdunn
06-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Maybe possible since Sampras could have won it 8 times.

The thing is that new up and coming players can't get much experiences
on grass courts simply because there aren't many grass court tournies.

That's advantage for wimbledon champion.

But note that Wimbledon became more approachable with their new slower
surfaces with higher bouce.

Also note that the year Sampras didn't win during 8 years (1996 against Krajicek), is the only time Sampras skipped the warm-up tournament.....

edmondsm
06-14-2007, 12:21 PM

You're right.

djoko, berdych, nadal, gasquet

Hmmm, yeah good analysis:confused: You do realize that Gasquet lost to a qualifier from Pakistan right?

This Wimbledon will be won by Nadal.

See how well he has adjusted to grass at Queen's.

Oh yeah, he beat a young Argentine clay courter. Stunning.

sureshs
06-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh yeah, he beat a young Argentine clay courter. Stunning.

He also beat a huge serve and volleyer today (the Beast).

ksbh
06-14-2007, 12:25 PM
In my opinion, yes ... Wayne Ferriera is correct. Rafael Nadal has shown a remarkably strong ability to adjust and desire to improve his grass court game.

Will Wayne Ferriera's prediction be correct where he said that Nadal will win Wimbledon before Federer wins Roland Garros?

paterson
06-14-2007, 12:28 PM
The grass will neutralize Nadal's topspin. He has nothing to hurt Roger at Wimbledon. IMO, Roger will end up with around 8 Wimbledon titles.

edmondsm
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
He also beat a huge serve and volleyer today (the Beast).

Not exactly like beating Roger Federer I would think.

edmondsm
06-14-2007, 12:32 PM

I don't understand this. Ferriera knows alot more about tennis than I do but based on the results Fed has been way better on clay than Nadal has on grass. I mean, had Kendrick not folded like a leaf last year, Nadal would have been out of Wimbledon early again.

psamp14
06-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Maybe possible since Sampras could have won it 8 times.

The thing is that new up and coming players can't get much experiences
on grass courts simply because there aren't many grass court tournies.

That's advantage for wimbledon champion.

But note that Wimbledon became more approachable with their new slower
surfaces with higher bouce.

Also note that the year Sampras didn't win during 8 years (1996 against Krajicek), is the only time Sampras skipped the warm-up tournament.....

that is a crucial statistic which i never knew...the year sampras lost at wimbledon in the midst of his run from 1993-2000...he skipped the warm-up tournament....

but at the time there were more serious contenders for the wimbledon title than today

i dont see federer losing to anyone at wimbledon for quite some time

only nadal and roddick are serious threats...federer can handle roddick, and after beating nadal last year in the final, he should have no hesitation to beat nadal in grass

hewitt is also a title threat because he's won before, but he doesnt have any weapons to hurt federer

fastdunn
06-14-2007, 05:13 PM
that is a crucial statistic which i never knew...the year sampras lost at wimbledon in the midst of his run from 1993-2000...he skipped the warm-up tournament....

Yep. That's the only time he skipped the warm-up(s) during his entire career at Wimbledon
from 1989 - 2001.

In 1996, he got exhausted to reach SF of Frnech Open, beating Brueguera,
Todd Martin, and Courier, all in 5 sets. Then go went straight to Wimbledon
and got beaten by Krajicek who was in absolute zone...