PDA

View Full Version : tennis elbow

arodnadal
06-14-2007, 11:37 AM
are there certain stretches or things u should do b/f playing to help not get soreness in ur elbow?

El Diablo
06-15-2007, 04:42 PM
"arodnadal" huh? Could it be you use a pretty stiff racquet?

arodnadal
06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
is 70 a stiff racket?

[K]aotic
06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
umm yes? its a stiff as crap racket. i'm guessing u use a pd or apd

arodnadal
06-19-2007, 10:20 AM
how big of a difference is it if i went from a 70 to a 67? big or no?

Marius_Hancu
06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=58089

check my signature here:

Great fitness sites
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=15571

esp the Elbow and Wrist Pain sections

Bottle Rocket
06-19-2007, 11:02 AM
how big of a difference is it if i went from a 70 to a 67? big or no?

Most likely not going to cure tennis elbow.

You've got to consider strings, string tension, racket beam design, racket balance, swingweight, where you make contact with the ball, what sort of elbow trouble we're talking about, and all kinds of other factors. Mis-hits, especially on serve, can really do the trick...

Without more information, nobody is going to be able to help you. If you truly have elbow pain, especially if you're very young, you need to see a doctor. Don't take elbow pain lightly.

BORISK
06-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Could you ,please explain what is “racket beam design” and its influence on TE?

Bottle Rocket
06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
If you take a Pure Drive and a Pure Control rated at the same stiffness, but compare their beam design, there is still a significant difference.

Because the beam is so much wider on the Pure Drive (like a 2x6 versus a 2x4), it is inherently stiffer - at all locations around the frame.

I am not sure where the RDC flex rating takes it's measurements, but I would think it is somewhere around the throat of the racket. The stiffness of the racket overall and at all other areas must also be considered. This characteristic plays a large role in the way a racket feels, the power level, stability, and the stiffness.

Take a look at the stiffest rackets on the market and then check the specs on their beam width.

The bottom line is that stiffness can play a huge role in causing arm trouble for some people.

BORISK
06-20-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree stiffness is bad for your arm. But wide doesn’t always mean stiff.
Wilson K Factor KSix-One Tour 90 is 67 stiff, but beam is 18. Composition is a factor, -
80% Karophite Black / 20% Kevlar.

Bottle Rocket
06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
The width of the beam plays a large roll in determing how a racket (or anything for that matter) bends. The amount something bends is directly related to how flexible it is. I am not saying that as an opinion. Considering your other questions on this board, I'm not really taking you seriously...