PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic

monkeyisland90
06-14-2007, 05:35 PM
sorry if i didnt' spell it right.. but someone mentioned he was arrogant in beginning and now is maturing.. but said something at a press conference which was why people thought he was arrogant anyone know what he said?

ferocious4hand
06-14-2007, 05:37 PM
something about he was keeping up with Rafa at last yr's FO but the scores indicated that was not the case

sharapovafreak
06-14-2007, 06:16 PM
something about how he felt like he was in control of the point and thought he played really well even though he lost in straights i believe.

Jimmyk459
06-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Basically, Rafa was owning him....Djokovic had to retire in that match due to a back injury that was bothering him. Afterward he said that he felt that he was controlling the points and that had his back not been hurting, he could have won. He could not be more wrong... but he is getting better... both on the court and off.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Its all in the past and I think he has become a little more humble over the past year.

fednad
06-16-2007, 12:46 AM
sorry if i didnt' spell it right.. but someone mentioned he was arrogant in beginning and now is maturing.. but said something at a press conference which was why people thought he was arrogant anyone know what he said?

This is a common psychological process triggered by age and practical lessons (like some butt kicking on a tennis court by some superior player). We call it maturing up.