PDA

View Full Version : Lacoste Clothes

rbowser
06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Do any of you wear Lacoste clothes? If you do, are they comfortable? I know they are $$!

justinnum1
06-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I do, and they are very comfortable they are also high quality. My Lacoste shirt costs $85, but the Nike Federer costs $65. So its not crazy overpriced but the Lacoste shirt is probably 20-25 overpriced.

soggyramen
06-14-2007, 06:49 PM
i own maybe 3-4 polos and a hat and they are very high quality i saw if you got the money buy it they last a while and leave an impression on whoever you're playing (tournament my opponent was telling me he was really intimidated cuz i was wearing lacoste lol i find that kinda weird)

austro
06-15-2007, 01:19 AM
The fact that it's expensive does not necessarily mean it is overpriced...

forzainter
06-15-2007, 07:58 AM
hey, will lacoste stuff end up cheaper in different countries due to exchange rates ect?

lilxjohnyy
06-15-2007, 08:03 AM
roddicks so lucky to get sponsored by lacoste

tintin
06-15-2007, 08:05 AM
love me some Lacoste :D

Aeropro master
06-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Lacoste isn't cheaper in other countries. When I went to India, The shirts were still $60-80!

WhiteSox05CA
06-15-2007, 09:18 AM
I love Lacoste stuff. The colors are sweet. I love that it has a tennis history, that's what makes me want to wear it even more. I like that it's European and represents class. They are pretty high quality, and I think the Croc is a sweet logo.

If I was a pro I'd want to be sponsored by Lacoste!

AmericanTemplar
06-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Personally I'm more of a Fred Perry man myself, but Lacoste is really nice too. I have a Lacoste hat that I have been wearing for a couple of months now and it has held up really well. I sweat a lot so I have to clean my hats every couple of weeks and I replace them regularly. I use the cap care kit that I bought at that ******y whigger/frat fruit store lids, which is quite time consuming but it gets the job done. Most of my hats will start looking really bad after a couple of weeks and won't hold up through too many washings, but the Lacoste hat is still looking good, so much so that I will probably replace it with the same one in the near future. The other thing is that I only wear fitted hats and Lacoste is one of the few tennis companies that makes them.

rbowser
06-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Awesome! Where could I get Lacoste polos? Any website, or somewhere like Macy's or Nordstroms? Oh yeah, is there a special type for tennis, like sportwear polos, or are they all the same?

WhiteSox05CA
06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Awesome! Where could I get Lacoste polos? Any website, or somewhere like Macy's or Nordstroms? Oh yeah, is there a special type for tennis, like sportwear polos, or are they all the same?

The best place is the Lacoste Boutique or store. If not, I know Nordstroms sells some Lacoste stuff in-store or on-line. Go to www.lacoste.com and I know they make seperate clothes for sport and for casual wear.

Borat
06-16-2007, 02:17 PM
it is near impossible to find their sport collections

kingdaddy41788
06-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Anyone who has the sport collection want to share how they got them?

hoosierbr
06-16-2007, 10:00 PM
They were carrying the sports collections at the Lacoste stores (boutiques) I visited in California a couple of months ago. I assume it's the same everywhere as all Lacoste stores tend to carry the same things.

Great stuff. Polos, shorts and track suits.

AmericanTemplar
06-16-2007, 10:36 PM
I went to the Lacoste boutique here in SF a couple of weeks ago and they said that they won't be selling the tennis shorts this season. I guess that they had some in about a month ago but they sent them to their outlet store in Southern California. I think that they always carry the modernized sport polos. They also have the retro track suits at the Macy's here but they are made out of that thick, shiny polyester material a la Old School Adidas BBoy suits, so I don't think that they would be ideal for tennis.

tintin
06-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Lacoste boutique on Michigan Ave in Chicago :D

WhiteSox05CA
06-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Lacoste boutique on Michigan Ave in Chicago :D

Sweet. Is it big? I go to the one by me on the NW side, but it's really small.

tintin
06-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Sweet. Is it big? I go to the one by me on the NW side, but it's really small.

nice looking store with plenty of nice and expensive things to buy:D

KFwinds
06-17-2007, 09:58 AM
For those in the Chicago area, there is also a fairly new Lacoste boutique at the outlet mall in Aurora; although when I looked they only had a few of the Lacoste Sport items. They did have the shorts though, and some warm-up apparel. I'm going back this next week to check on the polos.

forzainter
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
For those in the Chicago area, there is also a fairly new Lacoste boutique at the outlet mall in Aurora; although when I looked they only had a few of the Lacoste Sport items. They did have the shorts though, and some warm-up apparel. I'm going back this next week to check on the polos.

hearing that just made me think of waynes world:p

WhiteSox05CA
06-17-2007, 04:35 PM

Is it an outlet/factory store? Like all their items for cheap? If it is, that would be awesome! They have a lot of stores there. I've been to the Nike factory store there.

Bodacious DVT
06-17-2007, 04:39 PM
ive got a few polos, jackets, and shoes from lacoste. great quality stuff.

Fedace
06-17-2007, 04:41 PM

Why buy these cloth at 3X the expense, you can buy a nice Balle de match shorts and shirts that are just as good. only costs about $30;)

KFwinds
06-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Is it an outlet/factory store? Like all their items for cheap? If it is, that would be awesome! They have a lot of stores there. I've been to the Nike factory store there.

The stuff was definitely not cheap, but it did look like the prices were marked down considerably from full retail. I do believe this is an outlet store.

KFwinds
06-17-2007, 08:39 PM
hearing that just made me think of waynes world:p

Yep, I live in a town just south of Aurora, IL; the "movie home" of Wayne's World (I don't believe they shot any of the film there).

WhiteSox05CA
06-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Darn, the Outlest Lacoste store in Aurora doesn't have any hats (just one womens). Shoot!

gmonfils
06-19-2007, 05:50 AM
my thread on Santoro's Lacoste shirt has been removed not sure why... anyway does anyone know where I could find the multi-colored shirt he wore at this years French Open?

thanks!

WhiteSox05CA
06-19-2007, 12:56 PM
my thread on Santoro's Lacoste shirt has been removed not sure why... anyway does anyone know where I could find the multi-colored shirt he wore at this years French Open?

thanks!

Ask Lacoste. I just received a nice e-mail from them after I asked about Andy Roddick's (and other Lacoste sponsored pros) hat.

Apparently the hat(s) are estimated to be available within one month.

BNK
06-20-2007, 04:34 AM
can't find any lacoste sports products yet.

sigh, just gotta use the normal polo when playing again:(

Dedans Penthouse
06-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Wanna get some Lacoste Sport Tennis duds on sale? Here ya go~! :-)

Click on the link (below) and you'll see a Lacoste items (including tennis) ON SALE:
Drawstring shorts (reg. $85.00) for $49.99
Super-Dry Polo shirt (reg. $85.00) for $62.99 in either blue or white

http://shopapparel.lacoste.com/b/Men-Shop-by-Category-Tennis/333795011/p

Note that the zipper of the "blue" polo shirt is white and the zipper of the "white" polo shirt is black. There IS a white polo shirt with a WHITE zipper version (that Roddick wears), but I've only seen that version in France (again, it appears that the "American versions" match the white polo with a black zipper). The white-on-white version is 'cleaner-looking' in my opinion and thusly I was lucky enough to "load up" on them a few weeks ago while in Paris. As for the warmups, unfortunately (for whatever reason) they don't sell a number of warmups here in the U.S. that are available in France. The Lacoste warmups for men that are sold in the U.S. (imo) almost look like woman's apparel what with the stripes and the 'girly' color schemes. In Paris, 'twas able to snap up a nice "normal/understated/traditional" looking dark blue warmup with a subtle checkered pattern and a (small) "Lacoste" stitched vertically over one of the pockets. The French boutiques also sold a wide variety of tennis polos and shorts ensambles, in different styles and colors, e.g. a bright Hermes-type orange and white polo shirt with a white draw string short that had orange piping. "Accessories" such as socks, wristbands/headbands, etc. were plentiful as well, unlike here in the U.S.. Overall, they sold some pretty flashy/colorful stuff (that is, if you're not bound by an all-white rule at the place you play). (if in Paris: 37 Boulevard des Capucines in the 2nd arrondissement-nice people, good service)

Anyway, I hope the link above proves useful and helpful--happy shopping~!

gmonfils
06-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know of any on-line French tennis shops that might carry Lacoste and sell over the internet?

Bodacious DVT
06-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Does anyone know of any on-line French tennis shops that might carry Lacoste and sell over the internet?

you could always try some department stores

www.macys.com
www.neimanmarcus.com
www.nordstrom.com
www.urbanoutfitters.com
www.lordandtaylor.com

you can also go to lacoste's website, get the phone number to a store, and order through them. if you're smart you'll go through Boston (no sales tax).

gmonfils
06-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I've tried some of the Lacoste Boutiques in Canada, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver and they don't even carry the basic Lacoste Sport polos (I'm looking for something other than the black or white one). Would Boston have a wider range of polos?

WhiteSox05CA
06-20-2007, 09:05 AM

lacoste.com has their own online store now. At least at their USA website.

stormholloway
06-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Much of the Lacoste tennis stuff on the their website is on sale. Some of it's 40% off.

rbowser
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
theres a boutique in NY, NY right?

mdjenders
06-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Much of the Lacoste tennis stuff on the their website is on sale. Some of it's 40% off.

Damn. I had my eye on that blue polo, but they only have it in XXL AND 3XL :( . Excellent size availability.

KBalla08
06-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Lacoste isn't cheaper in other countries. When I went to India, The shirts were still $60-80!

where did u go in India? lol i got like 4 or 5 polos for max $25 each lol. and thats the pique polos, tennis i got for like $30. and the hat i got was $8 lol, and they are all very high quality.

Bodacious DVT
06-20-2007, 02:56 PM
theres a boutique in NY, NY right?

three of them

netman
06-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh how quickly they forget!

In the late 70's, the Lacoste crocodile polo was the height of preppy fashion. There was no substitute. If you had a croc on you shirt and Bass Weejuns on your feet, mere mortals bowed at your feet. Then along came the Ralph Lauren polo and suddenly the polo horseman ran roughshod over the crocodile. Then the explosion of brands hit and Lacoste was shoved off the stage. For some strange reason, people payed big bucks to be walking billboards for designers and brands. You would think it would be the other way around.

Lacoste actually invented the pique knit and they still do it better than any one in the world. It warms my heart to see Lacoste battling back onto the scene. I have croc polos that are 30 years old and they are better made than new stuff and still look almost brand new.

Great quality and great style honoring one of the true legends of tennis.

-k-

stormholloway
06-20-2007, 05:41 PM
They even sell the retro-fitted polos these days.

WhiteSox05CA
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Fo Sho! I can't wait until their new line of sport hats is released.