PDA

View Full Version : federer k factor

ripcontrol
06-15-2007, 04:00 AM
nup its not a k factor it is a pj pros staff

DonBot
06-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Well at least it is not a PJ of a Pure Drive Roddick.
But this is something I have been sort of curious about:
For the other K90s Wilson gives to players on the Tour, do they also have the Roger Federer signature on them? Wouldn't that be kind of wierd to be a pro and the guy you hav to play in the first round of say the U.S. Open has his signature on your racquet. I would find that a little unsettling until [k]fed beat my brains in during the match.

sureshs
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Well at least it is not a PJ of a Pure Drive Roddick.
But this is something I have been sort of curious about:
For the other K90s Wilson gives to players on the Tour, do they also have the Roger Federer signature on them? Wouldn't that be kind of wierd to be a pro and the guy you hav to play in the first round of say the U.S. Open has his signature on your racquet. I would find that a little unsettling until [k]fed beat my brains in during the match.

Who else uses the K90 on tour? I have heard one or two obscure names, that is all.

Lots of users on this board, though. But they are not on the tour.

And last nite at the club I overheard an older guy (would say he is between 4.0 and 4.5) say that he was trying to get used to his new racquet but it was too heavy, so he goes back to his older racquet. His friend asked "The new Federer one?" and he replied Yes. :-)

lilxjohnyy
06-15-2007, 08:39 AM
proof please

SFrazeur
06-15-2007, 09:32 AM
You will find more than enough threads on this subject already. PLEASE use the forum's search engine.

-SF

MTXR
06-15-2007, 12:30 PM
I always wondered that too.

Does the K95 have feds sig on it?

WhiteSox05CA
06-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Federer is the only one on the ATP tour to use the (K)90. ripcontrol, you can't just come in here making accusations with nothing to back them up.

The (K)95's don't have Fed's signature on them.

Bronc10is
06-15-2007, 01:56 PM
if I remember right they actually make a big deal about Federer using the actual racket he endorses, and he hasnt been playing great since he switched to the racket, but he does use the racket he endorses, customized of course

psp2
06-15-2007, 06:51 PM
if I remember right they actually make a big deal about Federer using the actual racket he endorses, and he hasnt been playing great since he switched to the racket, but he does use the racket he endorses, customized of course

Fed won the AO, Hamburg and made it to the final of FO. I'd say he's playing well. Let's not lose perspective here.

Greg Raven
06-15-2007, 07:40 PM
FWIW, Jacob Adaktusson was said to have been using the Wilson nSix-One Tour 90 at the AO in 2006.

BreakPoint
06-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Why? Lots of pros used to use wood racquets with the signatures of other pros' names on them, e.g., Jack Kramer, Chris Evert, Stan Smith, Poncho Gonzales, etc.

ripcontrol
06-15-2007, 11:55 PM
I have a source who hits with him, who says it is a pJ
a usta coch

Attila the tennis Bum
06-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Why? Lots of pros used to use wood racquets with the signatures of other pros' names on them, e.g., Jack Kramer, Chris Evert, Stan Smith, Poncho Gonzales, etc.

funny thing is that was a gimmick. Wood racquets back then were all pretty much the same.

So companys like Wilson came out with the idea of selling "autograph" racquets with new paintjobs so they can sell more racquets.

Its no different today. Now Wilson still uses the the "signature" trick but also adds some bs technolgy so you buy more racquets.

tennis_hand
06-16-2007, 08:13 AM
who cares whether it is a pj or a real.

kingdaddy41788
06-16-2007, 08:24 AM
I have a source who hits with him, who says it is a pJ
a usta coch

Wow. An unnamed source. I'm impressed.

Listen. Visit this website. It might make you want to apologize for being an idiot though, because it's obviously not a PS85 pj.

http://www.hdtennis.com/grs/pro_racquet_specs.html

DonBot
06-17-2007, 06:46 AM

Well, to have a tennis racquet named after you, you need to be doing something right in that sport, and odds are when you play that person they are going to continue their domination and take you to school. :lol: But I never thought of the K90 as being a signature edition Wilson as say the PDR is for Andy. To be honest I never realized the Roger signature was on it till I broke the strings on my first one and my stringer pointed it out. Or at the very least it is not marketed as the K factor Federer rather they market it as the k 90 tour designed and used by Roger (semantics I guess).

I suppose I would also be the only person who would find it bizarre for Moya to start playing with a PDR. ;)

BreakPoint, I donít want to make you feel old, but the last Jack Kramer I ever saw in person was the one my dad hit with till 1984 when it broke in half.

BreakPoint
06-17-2007, 10:07 AM
BreakPoint, I donít want to make you feel old, but the last Jack Kramer I ever saw in person was the one my dad hit with till 1984 when it broke in half.
No worries. I used a Dunlop Maxply Fort all the way until 1987. I refused to switch to graphite because I loved the Fort so much. When I finally switched, I of course went with the Max 200G thinking that if McEnroe can make this same switch from wood to graphite, perhaps I could, too. ;)

I still have a couple of Maxply Forts in storage, along with a Jack Kramer Autograph, and I have a Maxply McEnroe and a Jack Kramer Pro Staff in my closet. :D

alan-n
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah uh-uh, and the K90 is a paint job prostaff since it is from the same mold / box beam, weight, balance, and material layup/mix.... and more importantly feel, response, playability, results. Look mom, I have a PS6.0 90, but Wilson painted it like and called it a K90... can we sue them for that? Bleh

Greg Raven
06-17-2007, 04:02 PM
You must have gotten a counterfeit racquet, because my Wilson K Six.One Tour 90s play better than each of the previous Tour 90s, IMHO.

ripcontrol
06-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Yahh good one kingdaddy
AKA F+g:o :o :o
:sad: Gi)m(p