PDA

View Full Version : Gicquel received a serve travelling at 208 kms per hour in the testicles

tennisfanatic
06-15-2007, 06:50 AM
I can imagine the pain.... and the embarrassment....lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=getty-tennis-germany-atp-gicquel-injured_1_34_25_pm&prov=getty

callitout
06-15-2007, 07:40 AM
I wonder what treatment he received...And he must have been disappointed by the person administering it.

Fedace
06-15-2007, 07:41 AM
I heard Becker is going to donate one of his testicles for transplantation.

wally
06-15-2007, 09:11 AM
One would wonder how this happened...... I don't know about the rest of you guys... but if I see a fast yellow blur headed toward "the boys" I bet I can get the racquet in the way or shift a bit to get a less sensative body area in the way.

Sounds like the guys on Jack*ss will be trying this one out next.

sureshs
06-15-2007, 09:14 AM
This is a case of ball-on-ball impact.

If instead it had hit Nadal, the ball would have bounced back for a crosscourt winner.

lilxjohnyy
06-15-2007, 09:14 AM
there was already two threads on this

Fedace
06-15-2007, 09:15 AM
This is a case of ball-on-ball impact.

If instead it had hit Nadal, the ball would have bounced back for a crosscourt winner.

I think fed would had better chance in the finals, this could be good tactic for him in the future.;)

Vision84
06-15-2007, 12:43 PM
I did this to my friend once and I got the serve in. Was pretty funny and he was on the ground for a good 20-30seconds.

tintin
06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
well he apparently spent the night puking his guts off from pain
not funny guys,not funny at all

Sean Dugan
06-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I was warming up for a doubles match with a pal about 10 years ago........ He was at net and I was hitting balls from the baseline for him to volley.

I hit a pacy forehand with some top that just cleared the net and locked on to poor Terry's nuts. He dropped like a rock and just laid there for about ten minutes occasionally moaning in pain . There was nothing we could do for him......except laugh at him....which we did excessively being the sympathetic guys we are.....;o) I think after a few moments, with Terry still laying by the net, we went back to warmiing up by hitting groundstrokes from the baseline over our fallen comrade.

When I was a kid, 5th/6th grade and attending St Judes School in Indianapolis, it was considered great sport to line up an unsuspecting classmate and knee him in the groin. I remember getting nailed really good once. I still remember the culprit's name. I think I got my revenge eventually but don't recall. Boys will be boys. ;o)

paulmaben
06-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Anyone have a video link of this? I'd like a good laugh.

kimizz
06-16-2007, 09:51 AM
well he apparently spent the night puking his guts off from pain
not funny guys,not funny at all

Was this because of the blow to testies? I saw him retiring against Nieminen, he sayd he had a terrible night. Puking and stuff. Btw Nieminen also served and hit him LOL It hit the stomach. Very unlucky LOL

tintin
06-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Was this because of the blow to testies? I saw him retiring against Nieminen, he sayd he had a terrible night. Puking and stuff. Btw Nieminen also served and hit him LOL It hit the stomach. Very unlucky LOL

yeah he was in pain from that.He got stomach cramps all night and spent the night barfing and he ended up cramping too

ATP Halle - Gicquel, ça fait mal

Eurosport - ven., 15 juin 20:28:00 2007

ATP Halle - Marc Gicquel a abandonné en 1/4 de finale de Halle face à Jarkko Nieminen, suite à son match de la veille où un service à 208 km/h de Benjamin Becker a touché les testicules du Français. James Blake, éliminé par Philipp Kohlschreiber, et Mikhail Youzhny, forfait en 1/4, ont cédé leur place en demie.
TENNIS 2006 US Open Marc Gicquel - 0

ATP HALLE - 1/4 de finale

Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) bat Marc Gicquel (FRA) 6-4 abandon

Prochain adversaire : Berdych

Le Français Marc Gicquel, touché aux testicules jeudi par un service à 208 km/h de l'Allemand Benjamin Becker, a été la vedette involontaire du tournoi sur gazon de Halle vendredi où James Blake (N.3) a été éliminé, de même que Mikhail Youzhny (N.6), forfait sur blessure.

Gicquel, 30 ans et malade une bonne partie de la nuit, a été contraint à l'abandon face au Finlandais Jarkko Nieminen après avoir perdu le premier set 6-4. "Je suis très déçu bien sûr , a reconnu un bien pâle Gicquel. Je ne me sentais pas bien du tout durant une bonne partie de la nuit (de jeudi à vendredi) et j'étais même malade par moments. C'est certainement lié à ma blessure de jeudi."

"Une drôle de partie"

Terrassé par une balle de Becker, Gicquel avait été soigné pendant une dizaine de minutes avant de reprendre la partie et battre l'Allemand en deux sets. Le Finlandais partageait le désarroi du Français: "Il jouait bien et a failli me prendre un service. Marc n'a pas eu de chance."

caesar66
06-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I remember seeing tommy Haas in a match running forward to hit a ball, shanking it into the net post, and the ball ricocheted and hit him straight in the crotch. He was down for a bit.

Indrid Cold
06-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Heh my friend got a overhead to the nuts from a top ranked Div II player last year at a tennis camp. When I ask him about it, all he says is "I remember pain, falling down, then lots of ice."

I've gotten a few descent hits but nothing too bad.

dave333
06-16-2007, 03:07 PM
My doubles parter hit me in the back of my head, and his brother (other net man) in the face 5 minutes later. Then a set later, he hit his brother in the balls.

All probably his brother dancing around like a monkey to poach.

Ztalin
06-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I've taken a 170 km/h serve in the boys before. The serve landed long, but had a bit of sidespin. I tried to jump to he left, but it bounced a little bit sideways, right up into the nuts.

I was rolling on the ground for about 5 minutes. Man that hurt.

ken1d
06-16-2007, 07:30 PM
If I were give I would go to a massage parlor right away Or one of those german KKK clubs.