PDA

View Full Version : weaving one ahead

tonycheese
09-30-2004, 04:16 PM
how do you do this? i read about it in a couple places but i really didn't get how it works or why it saves time. can someone explain it? thanks.

Power Game
09-30-2004, 05:00 PM
You weave the string that you want to pull, then weave the next cross and leave enough string in between so you can reach the tension head and pull. Then just pull the second cross. Then go weave the next 2 crosses, and so on. It saves some time because you don't have to go back and forth pulling and weaving as much

David Pavlich
09-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Weaving one ahead is just that. You are weaving the cross one ahead of the one you are about to tension.

I start my crosses by weaving the first and second one before tensioning the first. At the end of the second weave, I leave a couple of inches of string sticking out of the grommet so that I don't lose my end.

I then tension the first weave. Now pull the second weave the rest of the way through and weave the third cross, then tension the second cross.

This does a couple of things for you; it allows you to take advantage of the natural stagger of the string. This reduces friction and makes weaving a whole bunch easier.

Go the sptennis.com and watch the speed stringing videos. This form of stringing isn't a tutorial, but it shows weaving one ahead quite clearly.

David

Rabbit
10-01-2004, 06:59 AM
This does a couple of things for you; it allows you to take advantage of the natural stagger of the string. This reduces friction and makes weaving a whole bunch easier.

David

Exactly. The only thing weaving one ahead does is allow you to weave the cross easier, thus speeding up the time it takes to weave the crosses.

tonycheese
10-01-2004, 12:27 PM
thanks for the help, i'm gonna go try that in about fifteen minutes...