PDA

View Full Version : airmax breathe 3 $79

TheShaun
06-15-2007, 09:46 PM
has anyone shopped at the *****plaza website? they have the breathe 3 for $79. are they a good business to purchase from?

goosala
06-15-2007, 11:42 PM
TW has the yellow/black ones for the same price. I just bought a pair and they are similar in feel to the Breathe Free II's but the difference is that the heel is higher because of the Air Max bladder. Not a bad shoe but paying $110 full price for a pair of tennis shoes is ridiculous. That is why Nike can pay Tiger Woods $100 million for his contract because you have women in China getting paid $1 a day to make these shoes and they sell them for $110 a pair. That's a little excessive don't you think? Don't get me wrong, I understand global economics but to sell at that much of a margin is almost robbery.

BreakPoint
06-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Not a bad shoe but paying $110 full price for a pair of tennis shoes is ridiculous. That is why Nike can pay Tiger Woods $100 million for his contract because you have women in China getting paid $1 a day to make these shoes and they sell them for $110 a pair. That's a little excessive don't you think? Don't get me wrong, I understand global economics but to sell at that much of a margin is almost robbery.
But you just said it. There isn't that much of a margin for Nike because they have to pay Tiger Woods $100 million out of that margin right off the top. Nike only gets what's left over after they pay the multi-million dollar salaries to Tiger, Jordan, Federer, Nadal, Serena, Michelle Wie, Sharapova, etc. Actually, I should say that it's we (the people who buy Nike shoes and other stuff) that pay these pros their multi-million dollar salaries. :-(

If Nike didn't sponsor anyone, they could probably sell those same $110 shoes for $55 and make the same amount of net profit.

goober
06-16-2007, 05:24 AM
If Nike didn't sponsor anyone, they could probably sell those same $110 shoes for $55 and make the same amount of net profit.

yah but if you just wait a year or two you can get those shoes for $55 or less on close out.

TheShaun
06-16-2007, 06:14 AM
TW has the yellow/black ones for the same price. .

thanks, i didn't know that there was a previous model section. i'd much rather buy from tw :)

BreakPoint
06-16-2007, 12:01 PM
yah but if you just wait a year or two you can get those shoes for $55 or less on close out.
Yeah, but if Nike didn't sponsor anyone you could get the same shoes for $25 or less on closeout. ;)

TheShaun
06-16-2007, 12:36 PM
$25 shoes would rock my world while not rocking my wallet :)

BkK_b0y14
06-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I just went to the nike employee store in oregon. it was a three hr drive from my house but well worth it. got all the new nike stuff half off. like the new federer polos for twenty five bucks and nadals pirate pants for twenty five. I also got a great deal on the breathe cages which were sixty bucks (the first colorway/ tealish). but I heard there are employee store in memphis and other places. so if u live by a location, try to find someone that works at nike to get u on the list.