PDA

View Full Version : Popping on Side of Knee?

TripleB
06-16-2007, 09:29 AM
I've taken some time off from tennis (about 8 months) because of some deaths in the family and cancer problems but after returning to the game last week I've noticed that on several occasions I have a 'popping' on the inside of my right knee.

Over the past 4 times out it's happened twice/once/none/once. It also happened once when I was getting out of a booth at a restaurant. It's never happened before in my 35 years of playing tennis.

The first time it hurt pretty bad and I had to stop playing. Since then theirs a pop (usually when I push off my right leg moving left laterally) but I can keep playing...doesn't hurt until I sit down after playing and then it seems to stiffen up.

Anyone have a suggestion of what might be the problem?

Should I go see an orthopedic doctor?

Thanks for any input.

TripleB

ollinger
06-16-2007, 12:22 PM
A number of things can make noise in the knee, including ligaments, a displaced meniscus, even an avulsion of a gastrocnemius tendon. It should be examined by an orthopedist if symptoms are persistent.

Marius_Hancu
06-18-2007, 03:55 AM
>Should I go see an orthopedic doctor?

Yes.

They may want to prescribe X-Rays and MRIs for a full diagnostic. Don't believe them otherwise. Find an exhaustive one.

You may have cartilage damage (you may have to take glucosamine, like I do).
That's visible on X-Rays.