PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick seems a bit slower.

Tennisace1
06-16-2007, 11:40 AM
If you compare him to the austrailian open and many other hardcourt events, he seems a bit slower. I believe it is the shoes. His shoes are a bit heavier, which he uses to get a grip of the grass court. I dont think he would be fast enough though, when he plays federer or any really good grass court player. Your thoughts? Should he go back to his signature shoes?

Mr. Sean
06-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Roddick has always been known to be a poor mover on the court. Thats why his game back in 03 suited his body better relied more on power like safin than movement like his new game does now. Players seem to move slower on grass because you don't hear the squeeks and shuffles that we are so used to hearing.

Zets147
06-16-2007, 04:00 PM
he used to wear those tanks (Reebok MDP).... lol

psamp14
06-16-2007, 07:18 PM
roddick isnt a great mover but he isnt horrible on the court....his volleys may look funny at times, he looks uncomfortable here and there, but he's much improved on his volleys, and he moves decently well coming into net

his frame is not one who depends on court coverage to win points like davydenko or hewitt....he's a power guy, and on grass he expects to serve big and finish off points with a forehand or volley

Batoussai
06-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Roddick bad mover? Okay, Normally I would agree with you...

But yesterday there was a point against Tursunov where he practically ran down every ball on a grass-court... It was almost Nadal-like... Not many players could have stayed in a rally as he did... I'm not a roddickfan but his movement is improving...

It'll be interesting to see how far he gets in wimby!

caulcano
06-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Roddick bad mover? Okay, Normally I would agree with you...

But yesterday there was a point against Tursunov where he practically ran down every ball on a grass-court... It was almost Nadal-like... Not many players could have stayed in a rally as he did... I'm not a roddickfan but his movement is improving...

It'll be interesting to see how far he gets in wimby!

People are just too demanding.

He moved fine to me and reached the final.

I expect Roddick to reach the SF if not the Final of Wimb.

mmuubb
06-17-2007, 02:24 AM
His forehand getting worse is a bigger problem than his movement, which was never great.

The Gorilla
06-17-2007, 03:55 AM
his movement is fine

tennis_hand
06-17-2007, 05:40 AM
because he wears a hat.

Forehand Forever
06-17-2007, 05:58 AM
When he wore the Reebok figjams, his movement couldn't of been that bad. What about this point- http://youtube.com/watch?v=ko8IQjeKdIE

I know it was years ago but I'm sort of thinking it could be the shoes too. The Red and White Babolats look less heavy than the Propulse.

War, Safin!
06-17-2007, 06:02 AM
Nope...Roddick's moving fine in yesterday's semi and also today...

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Roddick moves vey well for his height and is much faster than some give him credit for...

Alexandros
06-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Roddick moves quite well for a guy of his size, especially in a straight dash to a ball forward or laterally. What he doesn't do too well is stop and change directions. In terms of size, Safin is similar but moves a good bit better but at least Roddick isn't Todd Martin like.

sapient007
06-19-2007, 07:33 AM
roddick moves fine when his mind is still in the game.. but unfortunately for him, his mind seems to be thinking about shagging sharapova 80% of time during tough matches.

my point is that he's fully capable of moving very well but it doesn't matter if he chases down a point or 2 during a match, it's the performance during the entire match that counts.. and he gives up too easily overall along with james blake.

GRANITECHIEF
06-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Looked to me like he hung very tough to win Queens, under extreme pressure.