PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins

KBADPAT
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Question to every player or pro who spends more then 3 hours a day on court when temperature gets above 90 C. What vitamins would you recommend on taking? Also I would like to hear other suggestion on how to deal with this situation. Thank you very much to everyone in advance.

Andrei

johnny ballgame
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I would recommend sports drinks, water, bananas and pretzels. That's the recipe for staying fresh in the heat, not vitamins.

OrangeOne
06-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I would recommend sports drinks, water, bananas and pretzels. That's the recipe for staying fresh in the heat, not vitamins.

That's really not bad advice :). Not technical, but I'm choosing to admire it for the straightforwardness :)

Now - I recommend reading the recent few threads on hydration in the h&f forums, and certainly don't forget about sun-safety as well!

KBADPAT
06-17-2007, 08:10 PM

When it comes to fluids and stacks, you're absolutely right in the products which you've mentioned. My question is more on a vitamin replenishment side, any other suggestions?

That's really not bad advice :). Not technical, but I'm choosing to admire it for the straightforwardness :)

Now - I recommend reading the recent few threads on hydration in the h&f forums, and certainly don't forget about sun-safety as well!

+1 on the sun-safety. Any quick links on hydration threads which you mentioned.

Andrei

jasoncho92
06-17-2007, 08:36 PM
90 C?! Do you mean F?

KBADPAT
06-17-2007, 08:40 PM
90 C?! Do you mean F?

Absolutely, sorry for the error.

Andrei

OrangeOne
06-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Any quick links on hydration threads which you mentioned.

How much water should you drink in a day?
(http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=133828&highlight=hydration)
Building sports drink: need help! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=120649&highlight=hydration)

Ano
06-18-2007, 01:58 AM
When it comes to fluids and stacks, you're absolutely right in the products which you've mentioned. My question is more on a vitamin replenishment side, any other suggestions?

Andrei

Yes, I have a suggestion.

To get vitamins and minerals, focus on eating a rainbow every day.

What do I mean by "eating a rainbow?" Just think of the colors that make up a rainbow and choose a fruit that corresponds with each color: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.

Which fruits correspond with each color?

Well, if you have to ask I'll give you one choice for each:

Red: apples
Orange: oranges
Yellow: bananas
Green: green grapes
Blue: blueberries
Purple: prunes

Eat a rainbow plus 2 cups of veggies per day, and you will get the necessary vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and fiber.

lethalfang
06-18-2007, 02:08 AM
There is no vitamin that'll help you in heat. Only water and electrolytes: things you find in a sports drink.

zapvor
06-18-2007, 02:48 AM
i like those centrum vitamins. who am i kidding. flintstones baby! or those gummy bears ones. those are so good.