PDA

View Full Version : Nike Vapor IV VS Adidas Barricade 4

roddick_rulz
06-18-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm in need of new shoes as my barricades 4s are worn out.
I liked them but they were a bit heavy.
How do they compare to the Nike Vapor IV?

Cavaleer
06-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I've never worn a pair of Barricades but I can positively say the Nike Vapor IV's are possibly the best tennis shoes I've ever owned. They're also the first pair of Nike's I've owned because of Nike's reputation for low durability.

The Vapor IV's give that rare combination of plenty of cushion and a low to the ground, sure-footed feel. They don't fit as snugly or tightly as the Babolat's but they're a decent second. They do, however, have significantly better cushion than the Babolat's, at least the first version. I haven't tried the latest version yet.

The Vapor IV's durability also seems to be far above Nike's average, one month in, granted. But I've seen no significant wear and I play at least 3 days a week. We'll see how they stand up as the miles add up and my frequency increases.

Personally, I would never keep a tennis shoe for more than 3 months, not playing on hard-courts. The pounding is too much for any shoe to handle, whether the traction erodes or not. Running on concrete demands great cushioning and eventually all cushioning runs out. And once that happens your knees and muscles are absorbing the shock.

I don't keep running shoes for more than 2 months for the same reason.

It may be more costly but my body is worth $1000 a year in good shoes.

Cavaleer

JLBAYERR
06-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Tha vapors have higher arches, and thats one of the most important aspects of a shoe in my opinion.

tumalow2
06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
my barricade 4's lasted about 4 monthes
while when i had vapor 4's they lasted about a month

dave333
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
barricades are tougher, durable, more support, heavier.

If you don't mind the weight, it is THE hardcourt shoe.

jsuwan
06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I have both shoes. Barricade 4 is heavy and stiff as you already know. Vapor 4 is very comfort but doesn't last long. have you try nike breathe cage? for me i think this shoe is vert comfortable and very stable. Also, the best thing is have 6 months warranty.

stormholloway
06-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I didn't take to the Barricade IV. I found it clunky.

The Vapor IV is a dream. It's the Ferrari of shoes. Now that the gold version is out, you can go ahead and order them.

Maco_Andrej
06-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Barricade 4 by a mile Vapor IV are overrated they lasted me about 2 mouths and a bit ripped on the side i play around 4-5 times a week so i would go Barricade 4

J011yroger
06-21-2007, 04:56 AM
I wear BFIIs and bought a pair of vapor IVs and they cut me to ribbons, I had to change out of them after one set.

J

stormholloway
06-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Barricade 4 by a mile Vapor IV are overrated they lasted me about 2 mouths and a bit ripped on the side i play around 4-5 times a week so i would go Barricade 4

Some people are more worried about feel and performance than durability.

Swiftslaughter
06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm in need of new shoes as my barricades 4s are worn out.
I liked them but they were a bit heavy.
How do they compare to the Nike Vapor IV?

I am on the same boat as you, but am wondering about the Nadal shoes instead of the Vapor shoes. I don't know of any tennis shop that sells them, so I'm ordering online from TW. :(

julianoz
06-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Some people are more worried about feel and performance than durability.

some people think barricades perform better than vapors, stfu.

Faber
06-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I have both pairs and have worn them extensively. The Barricade 4's are more durable for sure and the trade off is the extra weight. If you have wide feet the Barricade's are probably the better choice. Both offer great grip on both clay and hardcourts. I just love the Vapor 4's and will continue to buy them, even though the durability is lacking. They fit great, don't need to be broken in and look nice.

It is kind of like comparing tires on cars. I don't buy tires that last me the longest.. I buy ones that are very sticky and thus the tradeoff is durability.

You really need to try both pairs on and see what you like better. They are both great shoes and it just depends on your feet.

mrcalon
06-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I've got both. Barricades to me feel way heavier, but I tend to wear them more for casual hits. For tournaments where i'm gonna be running hard and care less about comfort, I use the vapors.

As a previous poster noted above, vapors are like a ferrari or maybe a Lotus Exige. Barricades I'd compare to a Ford pickup truck, or maybe an SUV.

cys19
06-23-2007, 06:56 PM
It is kind of like comparing tires on cars. I don't buy tires that last me the longest.. I buy ones that are very sticky and thus the tradeoff is durability.

Have you tried the Falken Azenis RT615's? They're durable and moderately heavy but the traction is sweet for track days. Kinda like the Barricade 4's.

Faber
06-23-2007, 07:38 PM
I use Falken Azenis RT215. Heavy, lots of grip, but I wouldn't say they are very durable. I've got about 25,000 miles on them and they are down to the wear bars now.

cys19
06-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Vapors are like R Compound tires. Gotta rotate them with newer ones after every run.

ayyhwang
06-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Barricades are definitely more durable and suited to the intense tennis player