PDA

View Full Version : Did Federer ever used a HPS 6.0

sunflowerhx
06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Just manage to get hold of a good used example of a HPS 6.0.
I know it's the same mold as the PS 6.0 95 but with Hyper carbon.

I wonder if Federer really used one in 2002, as in the link below.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/tennis-heroes/displayhero.asp?HeroID=531

BreakPoint
06-18-2007, 02:11 PM
No he did not. In the early part of 2002, he used his old PS 6.0 85 but with a HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob on it. Then later in 2002, he switched to the new PS Tour 90 but still with the same HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob on it. So he never used a real HPS 6.0 95 Tour.

Buckeye10s
06-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Where did you get one? I've been looking for one for awhile!

Venetian
06-24-2007, 06:51 AM
I've still got a couple of those. They're pretty nice racquets to hit with. I like the leather grips that come stock.

sunflowerhx
06-24-2007, 12:13 PM
From a popular auction site.
You find them from time to time.

Its a good stick if you like the PS 6.0 95.

I wonder if Canas used this actual racket.
http://www.sporting-heroes.net/tennis-heroes/displayhero.asp?HeroID=525

BreakPoint
06-24-2007, 12:26 PM
I wonder if Canas used this actual racket.
http://www.sporting-heroes.net/tennis-heroes/displayhero.asp?HeroID=525
No, but that's a HPS 6.1 paintjob anyway and not a HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob. My understanding is that Canas has always used a PS 6.1 Classic with various paintjobs over it.

AlpineCadet
06-24-2007, 12:34 PM
No he did not. In the early part of 2002, he used his old PS 6.0 85 but with a HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob on it. Then later in 2002, he switched to the new PS Tour 90 but still with the same HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob on it. So he never used a real HPS 6.0 95 Tour.
The headsize in the picture looks bigger than an 85 though.

BreakPoint
06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
The headsize in the picture looks bigger than an 85 though.
If you're referring to the pic of Federer at Wimbledon 2002, yes, he had already switched to the PS Tour 90 by then (of course with the same red HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob on it as was on his PS 6.0 85). Just look closely at the throat, top corners of the "V".

Feņa14
06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
I've got a HPS 6.0 and they are actually really nice!
Well worth adding to your collection if you can find one.

sunflowerhx
06-24-2007, 01:06 PM
So has any Pro ever used one?

Also can anyone suggest a good setup for this frame.
Currently using Alu Power which I find very lifeless, although I benefit from the extra pop.

khd287
06-24-2007, 01:29 PM
so is fed currently using a Pro staff tour 90 ?? ..

AlpineCadet
06-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Federer has been photographed using a STOCK Pro Staff Tour 90 racket with the longer pallet and the dense string pattern located between the PWS. A few weeks later, he was photographed using the Pro Staff Tour 90, but it had a more open string pattern between the PWS, and his pallet was shorter. People argue that it's just a "paintjob" of the PS 85, though some believe it's the Pro Staff Tour 90 but in the upgraded mold. Some even in hindsight say he's been using the k90 all along. :rolleyes: He has never been photographed using a STOCK n90.

BreakPoint
06-24-2007, 01:31 PM
No, I believe he's using a K90 and has been for 5 years.

khd287
06-24-2007, 01:36 PM
O, alright thanks for the info

jorel
06-26-2007, 01:11 PM
i dont think he ever used the 85... i think it was always a 95... TW sold the 95 a few years back and told us that they would try and get the 85 but it never happened. i dont think they ever made the 85 HPS. I could be wrong, but even in pics of Fed with the HPS ...it looks like the 95 and not the 85

BreakPoint
06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
i dont think he ever used the 85... i think it was always a 95... TW sold the 95 a few years back and told us that they would try and get the 85 but it never happened. i dont think they ever made the 85 HPS. I could be wrong, but even in pics of Fed with the HPS ...it looks like the 95 and not the 85
Huh? There was never such a racquet as the HPS 6.0 85 Tour. There was only the HPS 6.0 95 Tour, which Federer never used. The only 85 was a paintjob of the PS 6.0 85 with the HPS 6.0 95 Tour red paintjob on it, which is what Federer used in early 2002. You just haven't seen any pics of him using it, but that's what he used. I've seen these pics and there are people here that have that paintjobbed racquet. Only in mid-2002 did he switch to the PS Tour 90 with the same red HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob on it. Those are the pics that you've seen, but it's a 90 and not a 95.

AlpineCadet
06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
No, I believe he's using a K90 and has been for 5 years.

I honestly believe Federer has been using a PS 6.0 90 since 2002, because how would Wilson come out with "k-factor" before "ncode" even came out?

Yes, that is what I'm saying. And it's not just Federer. Many other pros use customized racquets made exclusively for them by their manufacturers, including Mardy Fish, James Blake, Taylor Dent, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, Justine Henin, Tim Henman, the list goes on and on. You didn't really think Mardy Fish uses a real Dunlop 300G did you?

Oh, and Andre Agassi? He doesn't use anything remotely resembling a real Head LM Radical. His racquet's head size is in between a Radical's MP and OS and the weight and balance are completely different and uses a custom handle. How do I know this? I talked extensively with his personal stringer earlier this year.

BTW, it wouldn't be very hard for Wilson to make a PS 6.0 90 at all. Just use the same Tour 90/nSix-One Tour mold and leave out the HyperCarbon. Adjust the weight and balance to meet Federer's needs and you've got it.

MTXR
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
BP is referencing that the current "Kfactor 90" was built back in the day already. They just named it as we all know it now as the Kfactor 90. He had it during the "Ncode 90" They just decided to release his frame now and he is referencing it like so.

BreakPoint
06-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I honestly believe Federer has been using a PS 6.0 90 since 2002, because how would Wilson come out with "k-factor" before "ncode" even came out?
Why not? Who's to say Wilson didn't invent "K-Factor" before they invented "nCode"? I don't think Federer ever used a real nCode90 anyway. I also don't think "K-Factor" is real either. It's just a name Wilson made up for the racquet.

The PS 6.0 90 does not exist. If it did, it would have the same exact throat as the PS 6.0 85 and 95. There is no current racquet in the Wilson line-up that has this throat. And if it did exist, why wouldn't Wilson have just released the PS 6.0 90 as the new K90 instead of the actual retail K90 we have now? It would have saved them tens of millions of dollars in product development costs as they would have already had the PS 6.0 90 for many years.

AlpineCadet
06-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Why not? Who's to say Wilson didn't invent "K-Factor" before they invented "nCode"? I don't think Federer ever used a real nCode90 anyway. I also don't think "K-Factor" is real either. It's just a name Wilson made up for the racquet.

The PS 6.0 90 does not exist. If it did, it would have the same exact throat as the PS 6.0 85 and 95. There is no current racquet in the Wilson line-up that has this throat. And if it did exist, why wouldn't Wilson have just released the PS 6.0 90 as the new K90 instead of the actual retail K90 we have now? It would have saved them tens of millions of dollars in product development costs as they would have already had the PS 6.0 90 for many years.

What a joke. Should I even bother to reply? :rolleyes:

We all know the PS 6.0 original 85 has much more touch/ball feel than the k90. So let me ask you this, would you rather use a retail k90 or a PS 85 composite put into the Tour 90 mold? Which would Roger prefer?

BreakPoint
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
We all know the PS 6.0 original 85 has much more touch/ball feel than the k90.
We do? Who's "we"? :confused:

So let me ask you this, would you rather use a retail k90 or a PS 85 composite put into the Tour 90 mold? Which would Roger prefer?
I don't know about Roger. Go ask Roger what he would prefer. A PS 6.0 composite in the Tour 90 mold will not play like a PS 6.0 due to the differences in the throat. And how do you know the K90 is not the PS 6.0 composite in the Tour 90 mold? Do you have any proof that it isn't?

And you still haven't answered my question. If the PS 6.0 90 exists (since you claim that's what Federer gets), why in the world wouldn't Wilson just release it to the public as the new K90? Why would they waste millions of dollars to develop another K90 racquet when they've already had one (PS 6.0 90) that they can easily release to the public and give it any name they want to?

Stop thinking that a PS 6.0 90 will make you play any better than the K90 does. The reason you don't play as well as Federer does with the K90 is because - hey, you're NOT Federer. It's NOT the racquet!

BTW, here's a free tip for you......if you don't want me to reply....then DON'T ASK ME!!! :roll:

AlpineCadet
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
We do? Who's "we"? :confused:

I don't know about Roger. Go ask Roger what he would prefer. A PS 6.0 composite in the Tour 90 mold will not play like a PS 6.0 due to the differences in the throat. And how do you know the K90 is not the PS 6.0 composite in the Tour 90 mold? Do you have any proof that it isn't?

And you still haven't answered my question. If the PS 6.0 90 exists (since you claim that's what Federer gets), why in the world wouldn't Wilson just release it to the public as the new K90? Why would they waste millions of dollars to develop another K90 racquet when they've already had one (PS 6.0 90) that they can easily release to the public and give it any name they want to?

Stop thinking that a PS 6.0 90 will make you play any better than the K90 does. The reason you don't play as well as Federer does with the K90 is because - hey, you're NOT Federer. It's NOT the racquet!

BTW, here's a free tip for you......if you don't want me to reply....then DON'T ASK ME!!! :roll:

"We" would be the general consensus.

And if that isn't good enough for you, according to TW, the PS85 got a rating of "90" for feel http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/60/6085Playtest.GIF

while the k90 received an "84" http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/reviews/K61T90.gif

About Federer's racket, nobody seems to know for sure. Let's be realistic here, why would Federer prefer the feel of a retail k90 over the PS85 composite? To begin with, didn't he grow up using the ps85? Why would he prefer a racket that felt more "muted" in comparison?

AlpineCadet
06-26-2007, 11:38 PM
And if it did exist, why wouldn't Wilson have just released the PS 6.0 90 as the new K90 instead of the actual retail K90 we have now? It would have saved them tens of millions of dollars in product development costs as they would have already had the PS 6.0 90 for many years.

You've already answered that question.

Just because they don't make it for the general public doesn't mean the racket doesn't exist for a professional player on the tour. Take your word for it.

Yes, that is what I'm saying. And it's not just Federer. Many other pros use customized racquets made exclusively for them by their manufacturers, including Mardy Fish, James Blake, Taylor Dent, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, Justine Henin, Tim Henman, the list goes on and on. You didn't really think Mardy Fish uses a real Dunlop 300G did you?

Oh, and Andre Agassi? He doesn't use anything remotely resembling a real Head LM Radical. His racquet's head size is in between a Radical's MP and OS and the weight and balance are completely different and uses a custom handle. How do I know this? I talked extensively with his personal stringer earlier this year.

BTW, it wouldn't be very hard for Wilson to make a PS 6.0 90 at all. Just use the same Tour 90/nSix-One Tour mold and leave out the HyperCarbon. Adjust the weight and balance to meet Federer's needs and you've got it.

I don't see why you're trying to disclaim what I'm trying to say here when you have in fact supported my POV. I have even quoted you!

AlpineCadet
06-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Should I even bother to write out an explanation when you've already answered it for me?

BreakPoint
06-26-2007, 11:54 PM

And if that isn't good enough for you, according to TW, the PS85 got a rating of "90" for feel http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/60/6085Playtest.GIF

while the k90 received an "84" http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/reviews/K61T90.gif

About Federer's racket, nobody seems to know for sure. Let's be realistic here, why would Federer prefer the feel of a retail k90 over the PS85 composite? To begin with, didn't he grow up using the ps85? Why would he prefer a racket that felt more "muted" in comparison?
First of all, did you notice the date on that PS 6.0 85 review? Yup, August 1999. As we all know, the numerical ratings of racquets in TW's reviews are not consistent from quarter to quarter, let alone year to year, and this one is 8 years ago! Did you also notice the names of who did the playtests? With the exception of Granville, ALL the other playtesters were DIFFERENT people with their own opinions on feel, what they like or dislike, their past experiences with similar racquets, and how high or low of a number they want to assign to the "feel" category. It's basically a made-up number, not a scientifically measured number, so it can be pretty random depending on how important feel is to you. I know, as I've done many playtests for TW and have assigned tons of my own numbers to different categories.

BTW, a "true PS 6.0 90" would be an exact cross between the PS 6.0 85 and the PS 6.0 95. Well, did you see the TW ratings for feel for the PS 6.0 95 in the exact same review as for the 85?

Here's the rating for the PS 6.0 95 - "Touch/feel" got 79.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/60/6095Playtest.GIF

So if the PS 6.0 90 is right in between the PS 6.0 85 and the PS 6.0 95, as it should be, then the midpoint of the two ratings is (90+79)/2 = 84.5, which is the same rating that the K90 got!

Thus, if you want to go by the touch/feel ratings given by TW, the PS 6.0 90 would have a rating of 84, which is the same rating as for the K90. Thus, the K90 is indeed the PS 6.0 90 according to your numerical analysis of the touch/feel based on TW's ratings.

Lastly, how are only 5 TW playtesters the "general consensus" out of the millions of people that have played with a PS 6.0 85 and/or K90?

BreakPoint
06-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Just because they don't make it for the general public doesn't mean the racket doesn't exist for a professional player on the tour. Take your word for it.

I don't see why you're trying to disclaim what I'm trying to say here when you have in fact supported my POV. I have even quoted you!
Huh? That was years before Wilson released the K90 to the public. They did remove the HyperCarbon and used the PS Tour 90 mold - it's called the K90! The K90 is the PS 6.0 90 with the Tour 90 throat, as far as I'm concerned.

AlpineCadet
06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
First of all, did you notice the date on that PS 6.0 85 review? Yup, August 1999. As we all know, the numerical ratings of racquets in TW's reviews are not consistent from quarter to quarter, let alone year to year, and this one is 8 years ago! Did you also notice the names of who did the playtests? With the exception of Granville, ALL the other playtesters were DIFFERENT people with their own opinions on feel, what they like or dislike, their past experiences with similar racquets, and how high or low of a number they want to assign to the "feel" category. It's basically a made-up number, not a scientifically measured number, so it can be pretty random depending on how important feel is to you. I know, as I've done many playtests for TW and have assigned tons of my own numbers to different categories.

BTW, a "true PS 6.0 90" would be an exact cross between the PS 6.0 85 and the PS 6.0 95. Well, did you see the TW ratings for feel for the PS 6.0 95 in the exact same review as for the 85?

Here's the rating for the PS 6.0 95 - "Touch/feel" got 79.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/60/6095Playtest.GIF

So if the PS 6.0 90 is right in between the PS 6.0 85 and the PS 6.0 95, as it should be, then the midpoint of the two ratings is (90+79)/2 = 84.5, which is the same rating that the K90 got!

Thus, if you want to go by the touch/feel ratings given by TW, the PS 6.0 90 would have a rating of 84, which is the same rating as for the K90. Thus, the K90 is indeed the PS 6.0 90 according to your numerical analysis of the touch/feel based on TW's ratings.

Lastly, how are only 5 TW playtesters the "general consensus" out of the millions of people that have played with a PS 6.0 85 and/or K90?

Did I NOT say the "PS85 composite" in the "Tour 90 mold?" I am talking about the PS85, and NOT the PS95 + the PS85, so your point is totally off base. Nice try at trying to confuse the public.

Also, are you trying to tell me that the people chosen to write the reviews on TW are totally useless since only 5 people were chosen? Did you want a bigger sample size to confirm what they've discovered?

AlpineCadet
06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
The K90 is the PS 6.0 90 with the Tour 90 throat, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for clearing things up as to what your opinions are; now I can see where your feedback originates.

AlpineCadet
06-27-2007, 12:18 AM
The fact remains that:

Federer has been photographed using a STOCK Pro Staff Tour 90 racket with the longer pallet and the dense string pattern located between the PWS. A few weeks later, he was photographed using the Pro Staff Tour 90, but it had a more open string pattern between the PWS, and his pallet was shorter. People argue that it's just a "paintjob" of the PS 85, though some believe it's the Pro Staff Tour 90 but in the upgraded mold. Some even in hindsight say he's been using the k90 all along. :rolleyes: He has never been photographed using a STOCK n90.

BreakPoint
06-27-2007, 12:40 AM
The fact remains that:
Fact?

The fact is, in my opinion, is that Wilson first gave Federer a K90 prototype with the PS Tour 90 paintjob to try. He didn't like it "as is" and asked Wilson for a more open string pattern in the center and a shorter handle pallet. So they drilled the frames with a more open pattern (4 crosses instead of 5 at the PWS) and glued shorter handle pallets onto the frames. I believe this is the racquet Federer has been using for the past 4 years. Now Wilson has released this frame to the public and gave it the name "K-Factor KSix-One Tour 90".

There is NO special "Federer mold" as far as I'm concerned.

BreakPoint
06-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Did I NOT say the "PS85 composite" in the "Tour 90 mold?" I am talking about the PS85, and NOT the PS95 + the PS85, so your point is totally off base. Nice try at trying to confuse the public.
The PS 6.0 90 is exactly IN BETWEEN a PS 6.0 85 and a PS 6.0 95 BY DEFINITION. All the specs should be split right down the middle, and that's EXACTLY what I requested Wilson to make 3 years ago:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=57904&postcount=1

A true PS 6.0 90 is NOT a PS 6.0 85 with a larger head. It is a cross between the PS 6.0 85 and the PS 6.0 95. I don't even like the PS 6.0 85.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/BREAKP02.html

I like the PS 6.0 95 and that's why I used it for years. I DO NOT want a PS 6.0 85 with a larger head. I WANT a PS 6.0 95 with a SMALLER head or something that's exactly between the PS 6.0 85 and 95.

Also, are you trying to tell me that the people chosen to write the reviews on TW are totally useless since only 5 people were chosen? Did you want a bigger sample size to confirm what they've discovered?
I'm saying that a sample size of 5 people out of 5 million people does not make a "general consensus" as you claimed.

If you asked 5 people if they want immigration reform and they say "no", does that mean that the "general consensus" in the nation is that people don't want immigration reform? :roll:

AlpineCadet
06-27-2007, 01:46 AM
The PS 6.0 90 is exactly IN BETWEEN a PS 6.0 85 and a PS 6.0 95 BY DEFINITION. All the specs should be split right down the middle, and that's EXACTLY what I requested Wilson to make 3 years ago:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=57904&postcount=1

A true PS 6.0 90 is NOT a PS 6.0 85 with a larger head. It is a cross between the PS 6.0 85 and the PS 6.0 95. I don't even like the PS 6.0 85.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/BREAKP02.html

Isn't the PS95 20mm wide, while the PS85 is 17mm wide? Do they not also have different swingweights, static weights, and flex? :arrow: Just because 90 square inches falls in between the two rackets you've mention, doesn't mean it will play anything like those two rackets combined.

:idea: Does the n90 play like the k90? Does the n90 play anything like the PST90? Does the k90 play anything like the PST90? You are speaking as though you would know how the PS 6.0 90 will feel even though it hasn't been made for the public.

I like the PS 6.0 95 and that's why I used it for years. I DO NOT want a PS 6.0 85 with a larger head. I WANT a PS 6.0 95 with a SMALLER head or something that's exactly between the PS 6.0 85 and 95.

Whatever racket it is that you prefer, has nothing to do with a racket you've never played with, nor does it take away or give any clues as to how the "PS 6.0 90" will feel/play, because again, you have no clue as to how it will actually perform! (Please don't make arguments/claims that have no purpose, except to further your one-sided point of view. More on that below.)

If you asked 5 people if they want immigration reform and they say "no", does that mean that the "general consensus" in the nation is that people don't want immigration reform? :roll:

As for your far-fetched analogy of the "general consensus" of racket reviews vs. "immigration reform," it's as absurd as your counterclaims of how the "PS 6.0 90" will actually play/feel/perform.

If anyone would know about that racket, I'm sure the best person to ask would be Roger Federer himself. Again, would Federer rather use a retail k90 or a composite of the ProStaff 6.0 85 original in the Tour 90 mold? :confused:

The argument that Federer has been using a retail k90 since 2002 is still debatable (which brings us to where we are in this thread) and I don't think anyone should be told otherwise! You and I still don't know what racket he actually uses, but we are all open to make educated guesses.

BreakPoint
06-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Isn't the PS95 20mm wide, while the PS85 is 17mm wide? Do they not also have different swingweights, static weights, and flex? :arrow: Just because 90 square inches falls in between the two rackets you've mention, doesn't mean it will play anything like those two rackets combined.

:idea: Does the n90 play like the k90? Does the n90 play anything like the PST90? Does the k90 play anything like the PST90? You are speaking as though you would know how the PS 6.0 90 will feel even though it hasn't been made for the public.

Whatever racket it is that you prefer, has nothing to do with a racket you've never played with, nor does it take away or give any clues as to how the "PS 6.0 90" will feel/play, because again, you have no clue as to how it will actually perform! (Please don't make arguments/claims that have no purpose, except to further your one-sided point of view. More on that below.)

As for your far-fetched analogy of the "general consensus" of racket reviews vs. "immigration reform," it's as absurd as your counterclaims of how the "PS 6.0 90" will actually play/feel/perform.

If anyone would know about that racket, I'm sure the best person to ask would be Roger Federer himself. Again, would Federer rather use a retail k90 or a composite of the ProStaff 6.0 85 original in the Tour 90 mold? :confused:

The argument that Federer has been using a retail k90 since 2002 is still debatable (which brings us to where we are in this thread) and I don't think anyone should be told otherwise! You and I still don't know what racket he actually uses, but we are all open to make educated guesses.

As far as I know, I was the first to coin the term "PS 6.0 90". And if you read my post to Wilson from July 5th 2004, I was asking for exactly a cross in between the PS 6.0 85 and 95. Since the PS 6.0 90 does not actually exist, it can be defined as anything I want to since I came up with the idea. I don't recall anyone talking about a "PS 6.0 90" before I started to.

The PS 6.0 90 is NOT a PS 6.0 85 with a 90 sq. in. head. If that's what you want then call it just that - "a PS 6.0 85 with a 90 sq. in. head", but please DON'T call it a "PS 6.0 90". Doing so would totally ignore the existance of the PS 6.0 95. By definition, the PS 6.0 90 is a compromise between the PS 6.0 85 and PS 6.0 95. If you called up Wilson 6 years ago and said you don't like the PS 6.0 85 because the head is too small, they would tell you to go buy a PS 60 95 because it'd be the closest thing. Now they will probably tell you to buy the K90.

So, yes, not only does the headsize of the PS 6.0 90 fall in between the PS 6.0 85 and 95, ALL THE SPECS fall in between the 85 and 95, e.g., static weight, swingweight, balance, beam width, etc. that's what makes it a "true PS 6.0 90". Did you read my whole thread? This is what started the talk of making a "PS 6.0 90" in the first place: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=8110

So when I came up with the idea of the "PS 6.0 90" it was NOT to make a PS 6.0 85 with a 90 head but a middle ground between the 85 and the 95.

I think I have a much better idea of what a PS 6.0 90 will play like than you do since I've used BOTH the PS 6.0 85 and 95, while you have ONLY USED the 85. I have also used BOTH the K90 and Asian K90 as well as BOTH the nCode 90 and Asian nCode 90. You have NOT experienced a lighter 90.

And why wouldn't Federer want to play with a retail K90? How do you know he wants to have the same exact feel of the PS 6.0 85? The K90 comes pretty darn close anyway. Pros do switch racquets. Nalbandian switched from a Prince to a Yonex, Ljubicic switched from a Babolat to a Head, the Bryan brothers are switching from a Wilson HPS 5.0 to a Prince with Speedports, etc. I'd say these switches are much more drastic than Federer going from the PS 6.0 85 to the K90.

As far as the "general consensus", for every person you show me that thinks the K90 doesn't feel anything like the PS 6.0 85, I can show you at least one person that thinks the K90 feels just like or very close to the PS 6.0 85. So how does what you think make for a "general consensus"? :confused:
So, yes, you need more than 5 people out of 5 million people to make for a "general consensus", whether that's the K90, immigration reform, the next American Idol, hybrid cars, the future of baseball, global warming, whatever.....

BreakPoint
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
BTW, Wilson did do a lot of the things that I requested with the K90.

They took out the HyperCarbon (which is why it feels flexier and has more feel than the nCode 90).

They changed the weight distribution to that of the PS 6.0 from that of the nCode 90 (which is why it swings easier and is more maneuverable than the nCode 90).

They increased the beam width to 18mm.

They reduced the swingweight from the nCode 90 and PS 6.0 85 (the PS 6.0 is 329, the K90 feels like 326 to me (and other knowledgable posters like CC seem to agree), while the nCode 90 feels like 336 to me (reverse of TW's measurements)).

They reduced the static weight from the PS 6.0 85's 12.6 oz. to the K90's 12.5 oz.

So the K90 is very close to the PS 6.0 90 that I requested. However, I wanted a slighter lighter racquet (12.3 oz.) and a slightly lighter swingweight (320), as you can see from my requested specs in that linked thread above from 7/5/04.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-K61T90.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-WN61T.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-60.html

Now if Wilson could only make a "PS 6.0 90" to my EXACT specs, I'd be even happier. :grin:

yourmom08
06-27-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=NBAND

Venetian
06-30-2007, 10:21 AM

The general consensus huh? I guess you have access to everyone else's opinions.

Well I consider myself pretty general and I do not agree with your opinion. That's 2 to 1 against you now, so it would seem that the general consensus is that you're wrong.

Larry Baldridge
06-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I've got 4 HPS 6.0 Tour 95's - mint condition (matched set). It is amazing how the specs from racquet to racquet are so close! The set up I liked with them was just a little lead @ 3 & 9 --strung w/ Team Gut @ 65# (m's & x's). The control and accuracy of this racquet is tremendous. -- And the classic pro staff "thwap" is truly music!

AlpineCadet
06-30-2007, 10:43 PM
The general consensus huh? I guess you have access to everyone else's opinions.

Well I consider myself pretty general and I do not agree with your opinion. That's 2 to 1 against you now, so it would seem that the general consensus is that you're wrong.

Thanks, that's nice to know that you believe the k90 has more ball feel than the Pro Staff Original 6.0 85. :roll:

jakshemash
07-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I think that according to all those in the know stringer steve, Art Art, Ron yu (federer's stringer) federer uses a k90. Stringer steve found out of the man in charge of the wilson pro room and so would know what the players would use, and Ron strings federer's rackets so of course he would know.

p.s. the guy from wilson was not just trying to sell the k90 as he mentioned the paintjobs of other wilson touring pros

AlpineCadet
07-04-2007, 04:08 PM
So are you trying to tell me that Federer prefers to use the retail k90 with the older Wilson Buttcap? He's def. using a paintjob of the k90, but the racket underneath has been the same since 2002. If I were the number one in the world, I would ask for the ps85 composite put into the tour 90 mold. ;)

BreakPoint
07-04-2007, 07:21 PM
So are you trying to tell me that Federer prefers to use the retail k90 with the older Wilson Buttcap? He's def. using a paintjob of the k90, but the racket underneath has been the same since 2002. If I were the number one in the world, I would ask for the ps85 composite put into the tour 90 mold. ;)
I don't understand what the butt cap has anything to do with anything. The butt cap is a piece of plastic that's stapled onto the end of the handle and is fully interchangable. It's no more indication of the racquet than the strings in the racquet are. Ashley Harkleroad uses a Babolat Pure Drive with a Wilson butt cap. Does that mean her racquet is really a Wilson K95 with a Pure Drive paintjob? Of course not!

Most likely Federer got his batch of K90 painted racquets from Wilson before the K90 was released to the public with the new butt cap in January so all they had in the factory at that time was the old butt cap from the nCode 90, so that's what they put on his racquets. I can't even feel any difference between the new and the old butt caps. But if Federer can, perhaps he specially requested that his K90's have the old butt caps put on. It's really not a big deal.

jakshemash
07-04-2007, 10:09 PM
it might also be a way of differenciating roger's rackets from the rackets sold to the public.

BreakPoint
07-04-2007, 10:17 PM
it might also be a way of differenciating roger's rackets from the rackets sold to the public.
Don't worry, they will never get mixed up. His racquets are sent directly to the Wilson Pro Room where they are customized to his specs before they are shipped on directly to Roger, thus his racquets never get mixed in with the retail racquets.

psp2
07-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Most likely Federer got his batch of K90 painted racquets from Wilson before the K90 was released to the public with the new butt cap in January so all they had in the factory at that time was the old butt cap from the nCode 90, so that's what they put on his racquets. I can't even feel any difference between the new and the old butt caps. But if Federer can, perhaps he specially requested that his K90's have the old butt caps put on. It's really not a big deal.

........pure, unsubstantiated speculation, again from BP. When Wilson decided to mass release the K90 to the WORLD in early January 2007, don't you think they would have made tens of thousands of new-style buttcaps months in advance?

BreakPoint
07-04-2007, 11:45 PM
........pure, unsubstantiated speculation, again from BP. When Wilson decided to mass release the K90 to the WORLD in early January 2007, don't you think they would have made tens of thousands of new-style buttcaps months in advance?
Obviously, you weren't paying attention. Federer got his racquets with the K90 paintjob back in November 2006 or earlier. There were pics of him with the K90 paintjob that were taken not long after the US Open. Even some board members here already demoed the K90 as early as November. Our own Craig Clark was able to get a retail K90 in early December and posted this pic of it:

http://i13.tinypic.com/2q3ytt5.jpg

You notice something about the butt cap on the K90 (on top)? It's the old butt cap. The same one that Federer is still using.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1098170&postcount=51

You're not feeling very smart anymore, are you? Get your facts straight before making unfounded accusations. It seems YOU are the one that's speculating here.

BreakPoint
07-05-2007, 12:02 AM
BTW, Wilson DID NOT release the K90 to the WORLD in early January 2007. They shipped a few to dealers in the US at the end of Jan.-early Feb. in very limited quantities. It was not officially released to the US market until the very end of Feb. when Wilson had their official K-Factor launch event in Las Vegas. The K90 was not even sold at all in Europe for several more months (I think until June). In fact, only very recently has it been introduced in some European countries.

And, no, it is possible the new butt caps were not ready until right before the retail K90 was released for public sale, perhaps due to an unforseen delay by their butt cap supplier or problems in getting them exactly right. BTW, have you ever worked in either engineering or manufacturing?

psp2
07-05-2007, 12:52 AM
WOW, you're full of knowledge!! BTW, how long do you think it would take to make several thousands of buttcaps at a factory?

BreakPoint
07-05-2007, 01:26 AM
WOW, you're full of knowledge!! BTW, how long do you think it would take to make several thousands of buttcaps at a factory?
OK, so it's obvious that you haven't worked in either engineering nor manufacturing before.

It's not a matter of how quickly they can make them. It's a matter of getting the mold correct first before they can make even one of them the way they want it made (i.e., to Wilson's exact specs). Once the correct mold has been created, they can make thousands of of butt caps very quickly. The new butt cap is a completely different design from the old butt caps so it requires a completely newly designed mold. And who knows how many delays Wilson's butt cap vendor may have had in getting the mold and/or manufacturing process correct to make the new style butt caps in high volumes that meet both Wilson's quality standards and design specs. The vendor may have made tens of thousands of them and then found out they were made incorrectly (e.g., not to Wilson's exact specs) so had to scrap them and start over. Stuff like this happens all the time in the manufacturing industry.

In any case, why are you placing so much importance on Federer's butt cap anyway? Why does it even matter? It's not really an indication of anything as I said above.

AgassiFan12
07-05-2007, 05:59 PM
No, but that's a HPS 6.1 paintjob anyway and not a HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob. My understanding is that Canas has always used a PS 6.1 Classic with various paintjobs over it.

No, actually that is a HPS 6.0 paintjob. The HPS 6.1 "W" at 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock is silver where as on the HPS 6.0 it is yellow...like the picture shows.

BreakPoint
07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
No, actually that is a HPS 6.0 paintjob. The HPS 6.1 "W" at 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock is silver where as on the HPS 6.0 it is yellow...like the picture shows.
No that is not correct.

The HPS 6.1 also had the yellow "W" at 2 and 10 o'clock: http://web.archive.org/web/20030413205050/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-H61.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20030403074255/av.tennis-warehouse.com/big/H61-big.jpg

The older ones may have been sliver but they changed it to yellow around the time the HPS 6.0 came out so that they would have the same paintjob. The only difference in paintjobs was that the HPS 6.1 paint was glossy while the HPS 6.0 paint was matte.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030401233514/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-TOUR95.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20040122064729/av.tennis-warehouse.com/big/TOUR95-big.jpg

Can you tell which is which? From just looking at them, the obvious differences are (besides the glossy vs. matte paint) the head shapes, the box vs. oval beams, the throats (the HPS 6.1 has the angled cutouts at the two top corners of the "V"), and the leather vs. synthetic grips.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the top one is the HPS 6.1 and the bottom one is the HPS 6.0.

MTXR
07-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I personally like the old style red buttcap vs the newer looking ones. Its just cosmetic though.

Vision84
07-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I have 4 Hyper Pro staff 6.1s. 3 of Them have the silver Hs and the 4th has the Hs in yellow. They play exactly the same as far as I am concerned.

AgassiFan12
07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
No that is not correct.

The HPS 6.1 also had the yellow "W" at 2 and 10 o'clock: http://web.archive.org/web/20030413205050/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-H61.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20030403074255/av.tennis-warehouse.com/big/H61-big.jpg

The older ones may have been sliver but they changed it to yellow around the time the HPS 6.0 came out so that they would have the same paintjob. The only difference in paintjobs was that the HPS 6.1 paint was glossy while the HPS 6.0 paint was matte.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030401233514/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-TOUR95.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20040122064729/av.tennis-warehouse.com/big/TOUR95-big.jpg

Can you tell which is which? From just looking at them, the obvious differences are (besides the glossy vs. matte paint) the head shapes, the box vs. oval beams, the throats (the HPS 6.1 has the angled cutouts at the two top corners of the "V"), and the leather vs. synthetic grips.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the top one is the HPS 6.1 and the bottom one is the HPS 6.0.

I stand corrected. That is rather interesting. I have 2 HPS 6.0 and have only seen pictures of the HPS 6.1 and they have always been silver...but I now know that is not true!

sunflowerhx
07-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Before you all highjacked my thread again, here's a good pic of Feds paintjob

http://www.rogerfederer.com/data/img/0301SB_ausopen_5_2304.jpg

Going back to the HPS 6.0, I think I finally found a racket that I am truely happy with.

Its much more stable than the PS 6.0 95, and has a bit more power in my opinion. Its a shame that I cant get hold of these anymore.
Apart from the PS 6.0 95 which other frame is close to the HPS 6.0?

BreakPoint
07-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Before you all highjacked my thread again, here's a good pic of Feds paintjob

http://www.rogerfederer.com/data/img/0301SB_ausopen_5_2304.jpg

Going back to the HPS 6.0, I think I finally found a racket that I am truely happy with.

Its much more stable than the PS 6.0 95, and has a bit more power in my opinion. Its a shame that I cant get hold of these anymore.
Apart from the PS 6.0 95 which other frame is close to the HPS 6.0?
That pic is of a PS Tour 90 with the HPS 6.0 95 Tour paintjob.

BTW, I think the Asian K90 plays a lot like the HPS 6.0 95 Tour.

jakshemash
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
BP, the best way to answer the question on what fed's rackets play like and what it most likely is now is to ask the ball was in to string up his actual federer racket and try to compare it to a k90 and ps 6.0 85. K90 grommetsshould fit on the actual federer racket right? If so the answer could be nigh. If it plays close to the k90 we know that fed's been using k90 or ps 60 85 composite in a k90 mold for the past 4-5 years and if not, we know that he has probs been swithchin rackets or has a custom racket.

BreakPoint
07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Facts:

Federer HAS been photographed using the K-Factor Tour 90's, BUT with the older ProStaff/nCode Tour 90 buttcaps.

For some reason, I still believe (personal opinion) that Federer uses the ProStaff 85 composite in the Tour 90 mold. It, in my opinion, would have more feedback/ball feel than the k90, pst90, and the n90.

So has Craig Clark (see above). Does that mean he had Federer's actual custom composite racquet from a Tour 90 mold? Of course not! The K90 he had that came with the old PS/nCode 90 buttcap played exactly the same as his other six K90's that have the new style buttcap. It's just a butt cap. I can put the old butt cap on my K90 as well. Just unwrap the grip and exchange the butt caps. They come right off. It's not an indication of anything nor does it mean anything. Please get over it.

MTXR
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
so fed hides his lead under the bumper guard? So his racquet weighs what again?

AlpineCadet
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
So has Craig Clark (see above). Does that mean he had Federer's actual custom composite racquet from a Tour 90 mold? Of course not! The K90 he had that came with the old PS/nCode 90 buttcap played exactly the same as his other six K90's that have the new style buttcap. It's just a butt cap. I can put the old butt cap on my K90 as well. Just unwrap the grip and exchange the butt caps. They come right off. It's not an indication of anything nor does it mean anything. Please get over it.

I write something that expresses my opinions, and you go out of your way to try to disprove it. Yes, please get over it, and stop trolling me.

BreakPoint
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I write something that expresses my opinions, and you go out of your way to try to disprove it. Yes, please get over it, and stop trolling me.
But you keep bringing up this butt cap thing as if has any relevance. It doesn't! None! It means absolutely nothing! Whether or not Federer uses a custom composite in a Tour 90 mold or a retail K90, the butt cap won't tell you a thing! It only means that when Federer got his K90's from Wilson before the rest of the world did, they didn't have any of the new butt caps so they put the old butt caps on them, just like Craig Clark's early retail K90 from last year had the same old butt cap on it as Federer's K90. So please stop mentioning the butt cap as if it was some sort of indicator of something. It isn't. Get it now?

AlpineCadet
07-09-2007, 10:00 PM
But you keep bringing up this butt cap thing as if has any relevance. It doesn't! None! It means absolutely nothing! Whether or not Federer uses a custom composite in a Tour 90 mold or a retail K90, the butt cap won't tell you a thing! It only means that when Federer got his K90's from Wilson before the rest of the world did, they didn't have any of the new butt caps so they put the old butt caps on them, just like Craig Clark's early retail K90 from last year had the same old butt cap on it as Federer's K90. So please stop mentioning the butt cap as if it was some sort of indicator of something. It isn't. Get it now?
So when he gets another dozen k90's this season, will they also have the older buttcaps or the newer ones? :confused:

BreakPoint
07-09-2007, 10:14 PM
So when he gets another dozen k90's this season, will they also have the older buttcaps or the newer ones? :confused:
I think that would depend on which one Federer likes better. Personally, I don't really care which butt cap I use but some pros are very picky about their butt caps. Pros like Agassi and Sampras have their handles custom molded for shape and size so I'd bet they also have very specific butt cap requirements, too. For all I know, Federer uses a stock butt cap, but he may like the feel of one more than the other for whatever reason. But in any case, the butt cap is a separate entity from the frame, just like the strings or leather grip are, so it's in no way an indication of what frame he's using.

jakshemash
07-09-2007, 10:39 PM
BP, don't disregard Alpine Cadets cadets opinion, especially including the buttcap. What you said would have made sense earlier in the year, but federer has switched racquets twice this year, from hard to clay and from clay to grass and each time the butt caps have had the old wilson W butt caps on them instead of the new wilson W butt caps. Maybe there is a reason federer still uses the old butt cap.

BreakPoint
07-09-2007, 11:52 PM
What you said would have made sense earlier in the year, but federer has switched racquets twice this year, from hard to clay and from clay to grass and each time the butt caps have had the old wilson W butt caps on them instead of the new wilson W butt caps. Maybe there is a reason federer still uses the old butt cap.
Yes, he probably likes the old butt cap better for whatever reason.

BTW, do you have any proof that Federer has switched racquets twice this year?

I really don't understand why people are so concerned about Federer's butt cap? :confused: So now not only do people want to play with the same frame as Federer but now they must also use his same exact butt cap? :confused: Does anyone seriously think that the old butt cap will make someone a better player?

BreakPoint
07-10-2007, 01:44 PM
BTW, if anyone has to have their K90's look EXACTLY like Federer's, you can just buy some of the old butt caps and replace the stock K90 butt caps with the older version. Wilson's butt cap supplier will probably continue to make them for the foreseeable future.

You can get them right here at TW: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACWILSON-WBCR.html

I'm guessing that since we all know Federer likes to grip his racquet at the very end of the handle with some of his palm hanging off of the end, that the feel of the butt cap is more important to him than to most other players. So perhaps he just likes the feel of the old butt cap more than the new butt cap. Pretty simple. Maybe it feels firmer to him or something. Who knows?

AlpineCadet
07-16-2007, 02:41 PM
BTW, if anyone has to have their K90's look EXACTLY like Federer's, you can just buy some of the old butt caps and replace the stock K90 butt caps with the older version. Wilson's butt cap supplier will probably continue to make them for the foreseeable future.

You can get them right here at TW: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACWILSON-WBCR.html

I'm guessing that since we all know Federer likes to grip his racquet at the very end of the handle with some of his palm hanging off of the end, that the feel of the butt cap is more important to him than to most other players. So perhaps he just likes the feel of the old butt cap more than the new butt cap. Pretty simple. Maybe it feels firmer to him or something. Who knows?
Quite possibly maybe not.

Unless anyone has further proof, what Federer actually uses is still debatable.

BreakPoint
07-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Unless anyone has further proof, what Federer actually uses is still debatable.
Well, Wilson would love for us to keep debating it since that will keep us buying every new 90 racquet that Wilson puts out in our neverending quest to find this supposed "holy grail" that Federer actually uses, which we will never find since none of us will ever play like Federer, so how would we even know when we do indeed find Federer's actual racquet?

So I guess the joke's on us.

onehandbh
07-17-2007, 12:47 AM
I believe many pros use custom grips/pallets.

dizzychump
07-17-2007, 06:22 AM
For what its worth, last year i got talking to a guy called Ron Yu, who strings Federers rackets.

He was very adamant that Federer was using the tour 90 with an ncode paint job.

Very interesting guy. He got the fed job on recommendation from Henman who he said is good mates with Roger.

BreakPoint
07-17-2007, 11:58 AM
That is correct. Many get their handles custom molded specifically to fit their hand and to their preferred grip shape.

AlpineCadet
07-17-2007, 01:40 PM
For what its worth, last year i got talking to a guy called Ron Yu, who strings Federers rackets.

Very interesting guy. He got the fed job on recommendation from Henman who he said is good mates with Roger.

The ProStaff Tour 90? Cuz Federer has been photographed using a stock PST90.

AlpineCadet
07-17-2007, 01:40 PM

What about butt caps? Also, I have never heard of Federer using a custom built grip/pallet. Is this even relevant to the topic, since we're talking about Federer and not the other pros?

BreakPoint
07-17-2007, 02:24 PM
What about butt caps? Also, I have never heard of Federer using a custom built grip/pallet.
Oh, no, will this butt cap thing ever end???

Federer obviously gets his handles custom molded since before the retail K90 came out, he was using the Tour 90 mold with a shorter handle pallet. That is a custom molded handle just for Federer (and Sampras since he gets the same racquets). They take the raw frame without the handle pallets on it and mold the shorter handle for him. (All retail racquets are also made without the handle pallets on them, but then they all get the standard retail handles molded on them later.)

Since Federer gets his handles custom molded anyway, he probably also has them made to his exact preferred size and shape.

BTW, if the Wilson Pro Room is willing to custom drill string holes for him and make custom grommet strips for him, molding custom handles for him is a relative piece of cake.

As far as the butt caps, it's also possible that the Wilson Pro Room only had the old butt caps available since they are not part of the factory where all the new butt caps are (assuming that the factory had them at the time). Or, it's possible that his butt caps are custom made to specifically fit his custom molded handles, so the Wilson Pro Room had not had the chance to custom make the new style butt caps that would fit his custom handles so they just used the old ones that they knew would fit. But can we please stop talking about butt caps, unless Nadal is in the conversation? ;) LOL

AlpineCadet
07-17-2007, 02:28 PM
BP, don't disregard Alpine Cadets cadets opinion, especially including the buttcap. What you said would have made sense earlier in the year, but federer has switched racquets twice this year, from hard to clay and from clay to grass and each time the butt caps have had the old wilson W butt caps on them instead of the new wilson W butt caps. Maybe there is a reason federer still uses the old butt cap.

Thanks for the support. I just find more reasons for seeing the "butt cap" issue as being more relevant than what BP makes it out to be. BTW, it's still a matter of opinion, so every idea/insight makes this topic interesting for me.

AlpineCadet
07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh, no, will this butt cap thing ever end???

Federer obviously gets his handles custom molded since before the retail K90 came out, he was using the Tour 90 mold with a shorter handle pallet. That is a custom molded handle just for Federer (and Sampras since he gets the same racquets). They take the raw frame without the handle pallets on it and mold the shorter handle for him. (All retail racquets are also made without the handle pallets on them, but then they all get the standard retail handles molded on them later.)

Since Federer gets his handles custom molded anyway, he probably also has them made to his exact preferred size and shape.

BTW, if the Wilson Pro Room is willing to custom drill string holes for him and make custom grommet strips for him, molding custom handles for him is a relative piece of cake.

As far as the butt caps, it's also possible that the Wilson Pro Room only had the old butt caps available since they are not part of the factory where all the new butt caps are (assuming that the factory had them at the time). Or, it's possible that his butt caps are custom made to specifically fit his custom molded handles, so the Wilson Pro Room had not had the chance to custom make the new style butt caps that would fit his custom handles so they just used the old ones that they knew would fit. But can we please stop talking about butt caps, unless Nadal is in the conversation? ;) LOL

Aww, you sound so friendly today! :cool:

jakshemash
07-21-2007, 11:18 PM

Where did you meet Ron YU? What you have said is interesting as most say fed uses custom ps 85 with 90 in head but few say it is a custom tour 90.

AlpineCadet
08-17-2007, 11:52 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1545856&postcount=20
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1545891&postcount=21

Versus:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1674474&postcount=80

I don't think I ever said that the K90 lacks weight in the throat. In fact, I think it has more weight in the throat than the PS 6.0 does. I have not weighted up my AK90 to the weight of a PS 6.0 85 because I think that would make it heavier than I would prefer.

Although the K90 has more feel than the nCode 90, it still has a sort of "less than direct" feel to it as compared to the PS 6.0. The feel of the PS 6.0 is more raw. I think what Wilson did was to remove the HyperCarbon from the nCode 90 to make the K90, but they left in the nCoded graphite. The HyperCarbon combined with the nCoded graphite is what gave the nCode 90 such a muted feel. By taking out the HyperCarbon, Wilson gave more feel back to the K90, but the nCoded graphite still gives the K90 a less raw, more comfortable feel as compared to the PS 6.0. I don't think Federer's racquets ever had any HyperCarbon in them, which is why I think he's been using essentially a K90 for the past 4 years.

And if you were to read through the beginning of this thread, you wouldn't have guessed he wrote the latter response which was quoted in another thread.

He says one thing in one thread, and then the complete opposite in another thread! Go figure. :rolleyes:

BreakPoint
08-18-2007, 12:52 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1545856&postcount=20
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1545891&postcount=21

Versus:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1674474&postcount=80

And if you were the read through the beginning of this thread, you wouldn't have guessed he wrote the latter response which was quoted in another thread.

He says one thing in one thread, and then the complete opposite in another thread! Go figure. :rolleyes:
Huh? Sounds entirely consistent to me. You don't even realize that the PS Tour 90/nCode 90/K90 mold has a different shaped throat than the PS 6.0 85/95 do you? :roll: Irrespective of any weight differences, they are completely different designs and shapes.

Where have I stated anything that was "completely opposite"? :confused:

AlpineCadet
08-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Just got it from the official stringing/measurement official machines here in Paris:
Weight 374grams, balance: 31,3cm
Strung with Wilson Gut mains @ 22kg(Average); AluPower crosses @ 20Kg(Average).
Someone from Wilson or Fed's team, I don't know, was here this morning to strung 16 rackets, in a range from 20kilos to 25kilos mains. The crosses ware always 2 kilos below.
All rackets with Wilson overgrip, and elasto-crosses and oil protection in the strings.
I can't see if the leather grip was Wilson leather or other.
By the way... Tony was here with the other guy, and I must say that he his a great great guy. Very nice with all of us, and very positive.
In a conversation with us, he told us that many pros, and coaches consult this forum and post many things here.
About the nCode of Roger, when I ask him about the composition of the rackett, he told me:" ... this his a copy of the legendary ProStaff 85 but with a larger head size, nothing else, because Roger plays with that racket since he was 15 or 16 years old, but because of clay courts 4 or 5 years ago, Roger have asked Wilson to make the same racket but with a bigger head size."
But the other fellow that was with him, didn't like the conversation, so I must assume that this other guy was from Wilson or so.
Nothing else or nothing more than this.

I trust ART ART, don't you?

BreakPoint
08-28-2007, 12:14 AM
I trust ART ART, don't you?
Yes, I do. And he was talking about the nCode 90 which we all know Federer never used. He was using the K90 under the red nCode 90 paintjob at the time of that post. So what ART ART is confirming is that the K90 is a PS 6.0 85 with a larger head. And I would agree and it's what I've been telling you ad nasuem.

jorel
09-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Huh? Sounds entirely consistent to me. You don't even realize that the PS Tour 90/nCode 90/K90 mold has a different shaped throat than the PS 6.0 85/95 do you? :roll: Irrespective of any weight differences, they are completely different designs and shapes.

Where have I stated anything that was "completely opposite"? :confused:

I have to agree with Breakpoint here.... the first time he told me that Fed used the 6.0 90 (Fed racquet) with the 6.0 95 HPS paintjob I was skeptical, but then I saw the pics.... it is clearly the 6.0 90 with the 6.0 95 HPS pj (the flanges around the throat give it away)

AlpineCadet
09-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I have to agree with Breakpoint here.... the first time he told me that Fed used the 6.0 90 (Fed racquet) with the 6.0 95 HPS paintjob I was skeptical, but then I saw the pics.... it is clearly the 6.0 90 with the 6.0 95 HPS pj (the flanges around the throat give it away)
If you're going to dig up a thread that's been 'dead' for a good month now, you might as well dig up one more: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=157299

P.S. It doesn't matter if you agree with someone or not, that still doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being the truth. And by the way, what you quoted BP as saying is totally unrelated to what you're talking about. Good job.