PDA

View Full Version : Nike City Court III

thefan
06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Can someone give me a review or feedback regarding this shoe. I'm thinking about getting it due to the low price.

carrwash13
06-18-2007, 07:18 PM
my sister has them for casual use and she seems to think they are decent. Not too good for toe draggers but they have xdr in the rubber outsole so they last a decent while.

Bundey
06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I've got a pair, and they have great durability. When I used to use K-Swiss I would burn through a pair in a month, but with these I've had them for about 3 months and no tear. The breathability is an issue though. It greats really hot on hard courts. I also had a few blisters at the beginning, but overall great shoe.

thefan
06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Hows the cushioning?

thefan
06-20-2007, 03:32 PM
bump. 10 char

nanni
06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
been using city court shoes and found them to be good value for money.
cushioning is good,i use them on hard and clay courts.durability is also ok,though the upper started peeling a bit near the toe.used some power glue and a stitch from the nearby cobbler and its served me well after that.

Sigi
06-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Excellent shoe--cradles your foot and is very stable. Will take about a week to break in. Cushioning is in the medium range.

dunloplayah
06-20-2007, 08:15 PM
def. a great value for the money. i've got some nike breathe IIs that don't play as well as my two pair of city court (II and III). At $39.00 at academy sprts, couldn't pass them up for the rec/cas player that I am. As for them being right for a 4.0, playing all week, tourys and such, prolly not. I think they are nicely made for the money tho.

I agree with the break in. they feel much better the second or third match I play and are good for close to a year and a half for me so far.

aznspongehead
06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I've just started wearing a pair... got them last week, I probably had about 3-4 hours of court time with them already. The printed nike swoosh on the inside of the right shoe is already fading. (to give you an idea of how much the shoe's been used.. I guess... or how poorly that thing is printed?) I play on hardcorts and I think if I played more I would have blisters, since after a few hours my toes started to hurt...

Too early to give a review right now... they seem like comfortable shoes so far... its strange, when I put my foot in it feels like a good fit, but for some reason I almost got blisters... usually you get those when you feel your toes rubbing against the shoe, but I had none of that at all... well, maybe I need to lace it up tighter.

goober
06-21-2007, 05:53 AM
The City courts are meant for casual and recreational players. I would not play in them if you play twice a week or more or play aggressively. If you want to save money you are better off getting a better shoe on close out.

thefan
06-26-2007, 07:34 PM
How does the wide fit compared to the regular width. I tried on a size 10 Wide in a sports store and it fits okay but its kind of weird because I normally dont wear wide shoes. should I order a size 10 in regular width (for the same price)?

tbini87
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
it is a good shoe overall and cheap, which makes it that much better! not going to go wrong with getting a pair.