PDA

View Full Version : Workouts without legs

Feder
06-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Hey,

Yesterday I fell over playing tennis and now my knees are messed up so I can't really run. Does anybody know of any good workouts without my legs that I can still do to get in shape for tennis?

Thanks.

Bodacious DVT
06-19-2007, 07:51 AM
hmm well you could do calf raises, leg curls, and leg extensions, but if your knees hurt to bad for you to run it may not be wise to stress them.

I would consider doing stretches instead. take this time off to build up elasticity and flexibility in your legs. it would be low impact on your knees and still help.

Marius_Hancu
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Biking is pretty good, much less shock-inducing than running. If you run, run on grass.

Bodacious DVT
06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Biking is pretty good, much less shock-inducing than running. If you run, run on grass.

but make sure its relatively flat, like a soccer or football field, you dont wanna get shin splints or plantar fasciitis

chess9
06-19-2007, 12:31 PM
If your knees are injured don't bike or run! REST. The most important 4 letter word for recovery. :)

Once the wounds heal, assuming you have some, then start some swimming and light biking or rowing. In the meantime, do back, arms, chest, and shoulders with the weights.

-Robert

WhiteSox05CA
06-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Rest is a good idea. After, I suggest biking because it's less impact on your knees and other joints. Otherwise, you can do squats, lunges, explosion jumps, calf raises.

bluestreak711
09-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey,

Yesterday I fell over playing tennis and now my knees are messed up so I can't really run. Does anybody know of any good workouts without my legs that I can still do to get in shape for tennis?

Thanks.

well you can lift weights and make your arms stronger

the stronger your arms are with a little coordination practice
will give you more racquet control

you can bounce the ball on your racquet flip sided

lifting and that practice will help you all the time