PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here identical twins or have identical twins?

couch
10-01-2004, 07:39 PM
My wife and I just found out that we are having identical twins. We already have a 19 month old, so we will have 3 children under the age of 2 1/2.

We have gotten pregnant through in-vitro fertilization both times and the doctor told us at our last ultrasound that we were only having one. My wife asked him if he was sure and he said he was 99% sure unless one was hiding behind the other. Sure enough, we went to his office Thursday and found out we are having twins. Not just twins, but identical twins. He said he has been doing this for 20 years and has only seen 3 cases of identical twins.

We are very excited but also in a state of shock. Are my tennis playing days over?

djbrown
10-02-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm an identical twin. 57 seconds apart.

ibelieveinliquidmetal
10-02-2004, 08:47 PM
congradulations x2

Kirko
10-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Congrats. !! I'm a twin. Its great well its great when you grow older my brother a Sidney is my best friend. Its hard to describe without getting long winded.

Coda
10-02-2004, 11:35 PM
congrats times 2!

couch
10-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys. Like I said we are very excited but also in shock. We have tons of friends who say how great and how cool it would be but none of them seem to want to volunteer for babysitting duty; go figure.

Aoya
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Dear god, boy am I sorry for you.

Now, you have to buy NCodes in matching pairs..and the stringing..OH GOD THE STRINGING..and the clothing..they'll want to be the same when they're young..and THEN they want to be different! And one will be a wild teen while the other a calm bookie.

Just some predictions ;)

@wright
10-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Congratulations, what an exciting time! Just take one day at a time...

Tenny
10-13-2004, 07:12 PM
My father and uncle are identical twins. After 60+ yr life, they now look quite different but I remember I got confused when I was a very young child (5yr old). My father (older brother) was the tougher kid whenever they were forced to wrestle to entertain other older/cruel family members but after all they turned out to be the best friends to each other (this is what my dad says, dunno what my uncle thinks). They enjoyed sport together. My father is a lefty while uncle isn't. They form an excellent duo when they joined soccer and volley team. Same position but left and right side respectively. Very confusing for the opponents. I can imagine.

Congratulations!!!

couch
10-15-2004, 07:14 PM
If we have girls we will almost enough for our own Fed Cup team.

Aoya, the ncodes and stringing are only the beginning. Believe me, we have been thinking about all that and more.