PDA

View Full Version : Sp'08 - AZV V

FedLite
06-19-2007, 08:33 AM
I just had the 2008 Australian Open colorway of the Air Zoom Vapor V in my hands.
It's looking more and more like the actual shoe Federer is currently wearing. The fitframe is in deed "open" off to the sides, but otherwise the shoe looks like the AZV IV. Same outsole patern, for sure.

I saw a white/obsidian/gold color combo ... looked really good!

I'll try and get my hands on pics soo!.

baros
06-19-2007, 10:28 AM
you must get pics and how come you have seen them

FedLite
06-19-2007, 04:54 PM
As I said, here goes:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4pe4f3q

Later...

staedtler
06-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the pic.

psamp14
06-19-2007, 05:19 PM
just to help out the other posters..here is the picture posted by Fedlite

http://i8.tinypic.com/4pe4f3q.jpg

MMkay5
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
those look pretty pimp

baros
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
thanks fedlite.

psamp14
06-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Fedlite, did you just hold the shoe itself, or also see a catalog?

is it safe to assume the colors will be some sort of a gold/white/obsidian or black theme?

HewittSuckz
06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
the picture isnt very clear, but one thing is...and that is that those shoes suck. a definite step back from the vapor IV in my opinion. well at least cosmetically anyway, who knows it may be a lot better performance shoe than the IV.

tumalow2
06-19-2007, 10:27 PM
my coach has these there is also a green colorway

FedLite
06-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Fedlite, did you just hold the shoe itself, or also see a catalog?

is it safe to assume the colors will be some sort of a gold/white/obsidian or black theme?

Hey psamp,
I saw the SP 08 presentation for footwear. You are correct: the shoe is effectively White/Metalic Gold/Dark Navy.
Yet again, being in Canada, we only seem to have a subset of the US offerings ( with specific Canadian catalogs ) so I only saw the AZV V and the updated Air Max Smash.

tumalow2 - can you post a pick of the green coloray?

psamp14
06-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey psamp,
I saw the SP 08 presentation for footwear. You are correct: the shoe is effectively White/Metalic Gold/Dark Navy.
Yet again, being in Canada, we only seem to have a subset of the US offerings ( with specific Canadian catalogs ) so I only saw the AZV V and the updated Air Max Smash.

tumalow2 - can you post a pick of the green coloray?

i'm in the US so i'd be interested in what you see, not others who see items which would only be sold in europe or internationally

have you seen the entire catalog? i seem to remember you were the one who said you'd have a peek at it by end of june, correct me if i'm wrong

FedLite
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Yes - was supposed to see the apparel presentation (Sp 08) in a couple of weeks. Although because I'll be on vacation until mid July, it'll probably only be around the 20th, not before.

To answer your question, yes I saw the entire Canadian footwear catalog for Spring 08. But as I said the Canadian offering is usually about 50-60 pages worth, and the US catalog around: 180-200 pages (if I recall correctly). So not all styles, nor colors are displayed in the catalog I saw.

All in all, there weren't tons of new technologies, and nothing really struck me, except for a Men's Air Zoom Trainer kind of reminiscent of the Air Footscape trainer from a decade ago - if anyone remembers that.

Later,

Babolast
06-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Fedlite, much love for the pics/info.

Question. Will there be some sort of Cage 2's or acompletly new shoe for Nadal?

Also what are the main colours of the line what will be featured in the clothing?

FedLite
06-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Sorry Babolast, I didn't get to see the newset Cage ( Cage II ). As the shoe won't be carried in Canada for Spring 2008, it wasn;t in the catalog, nor did I see a sample. But I am very interested in seeign it ... so if anyone has pics - please post?

As far as the Sp 08 apparel goes, I should be seeing the collection in a few weeks. I will try my best to sneak some pics. But if I base myself on the footwear collection, there is quite a few shoes that were Dark grey, Dark navy, Metalic Tweed ( kind of Gold ) all darker colors.

Babolast
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
So spring 08 clours all all a dark metallic tone?

Intresting. I wonder what Rafa will wear. Usually he wears a totally different colour combonation then Federer.

I dont know if Rafa will wear a Cage 2. I dont even think a cage 2 exists yet but one thing for sure is that Rafa wont wear the vapors Roger will be wearing.

Fedlite please do your best to keep us updated. Your work has been great so far.