PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Davenport had a baby boy

bluetrain4
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I think it was on June 10. Jagger Jonathan Leach.

Though I'd mention a tennis birth, since the world is going apeshit over Tiger Woods' baby.

Congratulations.

ChipNCharge
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Good for her. I bet she'll make a good mom.

laurie
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Couldn't agree more. She's a lovely lady. Congrats to her.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I think it's great as well, I thought/think she is a great player, and I remember when so many people put her down because of weight issues early on to mid career and even worse, the ones who talked about how plain she was compared to other female players. To see now married, have had a baby, and happy, as wonderful as tennis is, it's nice to see someone succeed in the private sector as well. Truly lovely indeed.

jaggy
06-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Great story, all the best and congrats to dad too.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Good for her, I always liked her and wish her the best.

slice bh compliment
06-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Nice. Big congratulations to the Leaches and the Davenports....two fine tennis families.

I see a lot of kids named from the Bible or after Saints/angels. Some from literature/poetry. Many from family names or WASPy surnames. Others from Movies or Rock n Roll, like Dylan and Lennon.

They went with Jagger, which took balls.
Their next child (son OR daughter) will be named Richards.
Then the next one will be Wyman.
Then Taylor or Jones, then Woods.
Then Watts.

My kid's got buddies named John and Paul (and they're brothers). We joke that they're half the Beatles. And a Pope or two.

If you had a bunch of kids, would you name them Guillermo, Jimmy, John, Ivan, Evonne, Martina, Christine, etc?

If my last name were Smith, I'd go with Stan for a boy. Or possibly Arthur, Ilie, Yannick, Vitas and Hana.

35ft6
09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Man, Davenport looks cute in the US Open highlight show. Whatever she's done -- lose weight, get a face lift, digital filtering -- worked.

boredone3456
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I am happy for her, She was always a classy player on the court (Unless the umpires were really messing up, then she let the have it), but overall a truly good person. I wish her the best of luck with her new bundle of joy.