PDA

View Full Version : Just did my first job, now about those Polys

scarnley
10-02-2004, 06:41 AM
Guys,

Just got my stringer, a Gamma X6 FC yesterday, strung up my first job with Gamma Ti mains and NXT crosses out of the "gift" pack they sent with it. Pretty easy and I understand the tie offs and the weaving alot better now.

I play with Timo 17 hybrids, so before I tear into my playing sticks, what's so difficult about stringing up polys?

Just want to know what to watch out for, so any thoughts, tips, cautions or whatever would be greatly appreciated

borisboris
10-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Pre-stretch the Poly = helps with coiling & intial tension loss. Syn Gut = easier because the weaving the X's, the SG is so soft & pliable. The Poly isn't that difficult until the last few X's then you feel the dexterity of the string. Not very difficult but alittle more time consuming. Read prior post on Poly. I typically sting a few lbs higher due to some tenision loss. :wink:

dewey4262
10-02-2004, 07:58 AM
The thing thats gives the most problems with polys is the coil memory. It will tangle up and seem like it has a life of its own. A nice prestretch will help with this and the prestretch will also help with the initial tension loss.

Marc C.
10-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Let's put it this way, I charge one of my good friends extra to string his babolats with Kirschbaum competition. What a pain in the ***. Still cheaper than going to a shop though.