PDA

View Full Version : Williams Sisters Go Gold At Wimbledon(Racquets)

Bones08
06-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Williams Sisters Go Gold At Wimbledon

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2007/06/20/534814/KFactorlimitededitiongoldrackets.JPG

By Tennis Week
06/20/2007

The All England Club's clothing rule prompts players to wear white at Wimbledon. Former Wimbledon winners Venus and Serena Williams will cast a golden glow on the grass courts at The Championships racquets this year.

The Williams sisters, who have combined to claim five Wimbledon singles and two doubles titles, will be playing for the first time with brand new Wilson [K] Factor gold limited edition racquets at next week's Championships.

Both Williams sisters switched to [K]Factor technology at the beginning of the 2007 season. Serena won the Australian Open in January playing with a [K] Factor racquet for the first time in a major tournament and Venus captured the Memphis title wielding a [K] Factor frame.

Wilson has created two special edition racquets featuring 22 [K]arat gold, which both sisters will officially debut at Wimbledon. Serena will play with a pure black frame and Venus with a pure white version, both featuring real 22 carat gold leaf laid into the frame.

"I can't think of a better place to play with a racquet made with real gold than Wimbledon," said Serena. "I love the look of this racquet and the fact that [K]Factor technology has brought the added control I was seeking in my game. It has made a real difference and could put me in contention for the title again."

Only 650 of each model of the [K]Factor gold limited edition racquets will be available worldwide for sale to the public this summer at a recommended retail price of $500. Venus and Serena will each autograph and donate 10 [K]Factor gold limited edition racquets for auction by The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF), a not-for-profit organization founded in 1993 by Evelyn H. Lauder to support clinical and genetic research on breast cancer. In addition, a percentage of every racket sold will go to benefit BCRF.

Tour 90
06-20-2007, 03:30 PM
wow, [k]arat, are you serious? That is probably the stupidest thing I've ever read.

yourmom08
06-20-2007, 03:36 PM
[k]arat is [k]ompletely stupid

edit: i [k]opied tour 90's response

vsbabolat
06-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Who are these Marketing geniuses at Wilson who think up this B.S.? I think it is the same group that thought up the W Line by Wilson.

Tempyst
06-20-2007, 04:01 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/tennis/story/10231967/rss

All I can is, "wow"

GRANITECHIEF
06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Cool, gold em up instead of leading.

carol4832
06-20-2007, 04:11 PM
That's the lamest thing i ever heard....... OOOOOhhhhh let me run out and buy one so that I can say.. Look at me.. I have a gold leaf racquet.

I hope I face someone with one, all it shows is a sign of weakness..;)

It's just marketing, people will actually buy it thinking it will help there game.

lethalfang
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
That's a new racquet material called Bling, or Wilson (B)-Factor.
Lame.

xtremerunnerars
06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
lead is only 8g heavier than gold....might be an option...

Roger_Federer.
06-20-2007, 04:25 PM
And lead is 8x less valuable than gold.

FEDEX1
06-20-2007, 04:42 PM
it said that they switched to wilson at the begining of this year if i read it right. I thought the williams sisters had already been playing with wilson

Voltron
06-20-2007, 04:50 PM
The Williams sisters have sunk to an even lower level, making them the least respectable players I have seen in a long, long, time.

BigBUBBA
06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
The Williams sisters have sunk to an even lower level, making them the least respectable players I have seen in a long, long, time.
You obviously haven't heard of Marcelo Rios,

jasoncho92
06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
That's the lamest thing i ever heard....... OOOOOhhhhh let me run out and buy one so that I can say.. Look at me.. I have a gold leaf racquet.

I hope I face someone with one, all it shows is a sign of weakness..;)

It's just marketing, people will actually buy it thinking it will help there game.
Serenas gonna come play you ;)

Voltron
06-20-2007, 05:00 PM
You obviously haven't heard of Marcelo Rios, He's not even close to this level of badness.

Roger_Federer.
06-20-2007, 05:03 PM
You obviously haven't heard of Marcelo Rios,

Rios was......different, almost unique.

Silent
06-20-2007, 05:05 PM
it said that they switched to wilson at the begining of this year if i read it right. I thought the williams sisters had already been playing with wilson

No. It said that they switched to K factor racquets at the beginning of the year

Roger_Federer.
06-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I mean, all players who want more [K]ontrol will use a kfactor. And apparently it works, with both Kfactor users winning the AO, but both losing to the champions of RG.

FEDEX1
06-20-2007, 05:19 PM
No. It said that they switched to K factor racquets at the beginning of the year

o whoops i see now. thanks for clearing that up for me

BigBUBBA
06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
He's not even close to this level of badness.

He's plain bad. Serena is just...horn tooting, rude, and self absorbed.

carol4832
06-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Serenas gonna come play you ;)

She already beat me.. in long beach

sloe_torture
06-20-2007, 09:57 PM

$500 is a little steep. It's up there with the Prince Borons, Thundersticks, and the Wilson Profiles, which hovered around the $300+ price range when they first came out. However, the racquets sound attractive if they're going to be mainly white or black with some gold (pinstripe?). Maybe Federer should play with these special edition racquets to match his white Wimbledon blazer. They're at least a step up in looks compared to his K-Factor.

BTW, Voltron, why would you consider this a 'low' move by the Williams sisters if sales of the racquets will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation? Is it any different from some other top-ranking female playing with a with a pink paintjob to acknowledge breast cancer awareness?

Mad iX
06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm no fan of the Williams' sisters, but the blame lies solely on Wilson's marketing team with this one.

gonzo2000
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
This marketing strategy is just plain tacky.

pro_staff
06-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Didn't Nike make gold shoes for Federer and Sharapova that they wore during last year's Wimbledon?

slice bh compliment
06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
This marketing strategy is just plain tacky.

Not if you like rap videos.

Bones08
06-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Picture added to 1st post of the racquets

Scorch
06-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Ummm why does this make Serena or Venus bad people?

It's a marketing gimmick that's all.

Seems to me that certain posters will jump at anything to pour scorn and hate at certain players.

chill.

Slazenger
06-21-2007, 03:22 AM
That black and gold pj is WICKED!!

I want one.

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2007, 03:39 AM
That black and gold pj is WICKED!!

I want one.

Agreed. Its nice to see a black racquet without too much graphics. Most racquets these days have such color, but I suppose thats for marketing brand sake.

xshilinx
06-21-2007, 05:20 AM
Cool, gold em up instead of leading.

Most expensive customisation ever then. =D

TennezSport
06-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Didn't Nike make gold shoes for Federer and Sharapova that they wore during last year's Wimbledon?

They certainly did and doing it again this year. You really cannot blame the William sisters for this one ladies and gents. Wilson approached them with the idea, much as Nike did for Fed and Shreikapova last year, and the Williams will get a big bonus for the debut.

You would be surprised at how these new racquets will sell to the rich and famous all over the world. The gold Nike shoes sold out in a week last year. I would not be surprised if the racquets did the same thing.

TennezSport :cool:

Chauvalito
06-21-2007, 06:10 AM
To be honest...I have no opinion on their gold rackets...

I just want to know if their will be a k blade coming out sometime soon...

Vision84
06-21-2007, 06:12 AM

Only just now? I thought they did years ago.

Ideas like this is what makes me almost ashamed to be using Wilson sticks.

Nuke
06-21-2007, 06:44 AM
That black and gold pj is WICKED!! I want one.
Well then, maybe Wilson's marketing strategy isn't so stupid if there are others out there like you, and willing to pay the $500. I don't care how the equipment looks, and would never pay outrageous prices just to get a "rare" racquet with a special paintjob, but Wilson figures thare are at least 1300 folks out there who will.

I wonder, for anybody that might want to buy these racquets, is it something you'd actually play with, or something that's too valuable to scuff up on the court so you just hang it on a wall and admire?

Slazenger
06-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Well then, maybe Wilson's marketing strategy isn't so stupid if there are others out there like you, and willing to pay the $500. I don't care how the equipment looks, and would never pay outrageous prices just to get a "rare" racquet with a special paintjob, but Wilson figures thare are at least 1300 folks out there who will.

I wonder, for anybody that might want to buy these racquets, is it something you'd actually play with, or something that's too valuable to scuff up on the court so you just hang it on a wall and admire?

Of course those racquets are going to sell like hotcakes. The longer I stay on these boards, the more I believe TW'ers see the world differently from other tennis enthusiasts.

I don't see what is wrong with this marketing strategy. It generates interest. People are going to want to see Serena and Venus play with the gold racquets. What would top it off is if at least one of them made it at least to the semis.
Plus the black and gold paintjob is totally cool.

Yes, I would pay $500 to get a limited edition racquet with actual gold in it and a rocking paintjob. (The whole '[k]arat' thing is ******** though)

Proceeds are going to cancer research right?

Slazenger
06-21-2007, 06:54 AM

What exactly did they do to sink to a lower level?
I'm not holding my breath for a response.

Nuke
06-21-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't see what is wrong with this marketing strategy.
It's the same strategy as Beanie Babies, and other phony "collectibles." Not "wrong" but for those of us who don't buy into it, it sure seems pretty stupid. The manufacturer makes some product with a minor change and then sells it to the willing at inflated prices because it's "rare." True collectibles arent things that the manufacturer artificially decrees are collectible. Real collectibles are things nobody thought to save when they were new, and now they aren't being made anymore and people have some nostalgia for.

Myng
06-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Wow, that is some really expensive racquet there!

Slazenger
06-21-2007, 07:20 AM
It's the same strategy as Beanie Babies, and other phony "collectibles." Not "wrong" but for those of us who don't buy into it, it sure seems pretty stupid. The manufacturer makes some product with a minor change and then sells it to the willing at inflated prices because it's "rare." True collectibles arent things that the manufacturer artificially decrees are collectible. Real collectibles are things nobody thought to save when they were new, and now they aren't being made anymore and people have some nostalgia for.

You are probably right.
I want it because I think that paintjob is awesome! It's icing that it's actual gold and part of proceeds go to cancer research.

sureshs
06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Why is this a bad marketing strategy? Most people who watch the game are casual fans, not hardcore racquet analysts like in here. The thing most likely to stick in their minds is the golden racquet from Wilson.

VAmazona
06-21-2007, 07:54 AM
I like how some people really think the color of the racquet is a symbol of the quality of the person wielding it. This is just an excuse for some to take potshots. Proceeds go to charity, and its for one tournament. Some of you have to play with a K Factor everyday.

JRstriker12
06-21-2007, 08:14 AM
"Venus and Serena will each autograph and donate 10 [K]Factor gold limited edition racquets for auction by The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF)."

Only TW posters could hate the Williams sisters for participating in a campaign that supports cancer research. That's the only thing that's disgusting around here.

I swear, if it was a K90 with gold and Fed instead of the Williams, half of the TW posters here would have had thier heads explode.

I wouldn't buy that racket, but that black on gold paint job is bad*****. It's a lot better than any of the current K paintjobs.

Black paintjobs on rackets are just too nice.

goober
06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
"Venus and Serena will each autograph and donate 10 [K]Factor gold limited edition racquets for auction by The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF)."

Only TW posters could hate the Williams sisters for participating in a campaign that supports cancer research. That's the only thing that's disgusting around here.

I swear, if it was a K90 with gold and Fed instead of the Williams, half of the TW posters here would have had thier heads explode.

I wouldn't buy that racket, but that black on gold paint job is bad*****. It's a lot better than any of the current K paintjobs.

Personally I don't have a problem with how the racquets look. If you want to buy it as a collector's item that is fine.

Let's just call me skeptical about the part of donation to Breast Cancer Research Foundation. They never disclose how much they exactly are donating. If you raise the price of the racquet to $500 (or a lot more for the autograph versions) and only donate 1% to BRCF well that is more profit than charity in my book. There are many companies that do this (I am not saying Wilson is doing so), but I rarely if ever will buy something that says a portion of the proceeds go to "X cause" unless there is full disclosure which you almost never get. If you want to give money to BRCF just donate directly.

Slazenger
06-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Personally I don't have a problem with how the racquets look. If you want to buy it as a collector's item that is fine.

Let's just call me skeptical about the part of donation to Breast Cancer Research Foundation. They never disclose how much they exactly are donating. If you raise the price of the racquet to $500 (or a lot more for the autograph versions) and only donate 1% to BRCF well that is more profit than charity in my book. There are many companies that do this (I am not saying Wilson is doing so), but I rarely if ever will buy something that says a portion of the proceeds go to "X cause" unless there is full disclosure which you almost never get. If you want to give money to BRCF just donate directly.

That's on Wilson but what does that have to do with the Williams sisters? That is what the person you responded to is saying.
Someone said they have sunk to a new low. How?????????

Then if you say people hate the sisters for 'other' reasons people start flaming you, lol.

slice bh compliment
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
...Yes, I would pay $500 to get a limited edition racquet with actual gold in it and a rocking paintjob. (The whole '[k]arat' thing is ******** though)

Proceeds are going to cancer research right?

Nice line, man. Well done.

insiderman
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Seems about the same time, there is going to be 2-different Mfg's introducing a 'special-limited-edition-frame' @ the $500.00 suggested price-range.

So, if you were stranded on an island, had $500.00 lying around that wasn't needed...do you go for a William's frame, or the Becker 11 frame?

Guess you need to pick your 'Charity'...I'll go for trying anything, (no matter how small) to put an end to ANY type of Cancer...

carol4832
06-21-2007, 10:14 AM
The black and gold one looks and I mean looks pretty good, I wonder if it comes in a 90' , and plays like federer's old racquet.

I would like to play someone for a black and gold racquet for one of my old TI70's. :)

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2007, 11:26 AM

Question is, if you get the racquet and beat any of the williams sisters, would they blame the use of the racquet, their own poor performance, or that its for charity. Can't be that you are a better player or played very well that day. No way.

I like that they are doing this for charity. I just don't like how they approach loses or wins. Give credit where its due!

JRstriker12
06-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Question is, if you get the racquet and beat any of the williams sisters, would they blame the use of the racquet, their own poor performance, or that its for charity. Can't be that you are a better player or played very well that day. No way.

I like that they are doing this for charity. I just don't like how they approach loses or wins. Give credit where its due!

I don't mind that some people don't like the Williams sisters. It's the knee-jerk hate reaction that people express on every Williams thread that gets me.

It's like if Canas auctioned off the shirts he wore while beating Fed to help homeless kinds in South America and I came up like, "I hate Canas, he's obviously putting those homeless kids on 'roids and putting them to work on a sweatshop.

Even if I don't like him personally, I can at least acknowlege that he's doing something good (which you did).

The Williams bashing can just get silly.

At least you had a real reason for not liking thier attitudes.

But you have to admit that the black stick is kind of sweet.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-21-2007, 11:40 AM
The thread was referring to the new like of [k] Factor rackets, and not the tennis etiquette of Venus or Serena.

This is just another reason for the individuals that “dislike” Venus or Serena to AGAIN talk about how much you “dislike”, “hate” the way they approach winning or loosing.

Buckeye10s
06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
I love Wilson, but this has been done before by Nike. Remember Roger and Maria's shoes that had gold in them a couple of years ago? Someone needs to come up with some new ideas!

tennis_nerd22
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM
...watch them both lose in the opening round... LOL what a story that would be... "ya... the gold kinda rusted"

Stratabow
06-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Here is another situation where Wilson is trying to substitute style for substance and missing the mark. Serena clearly switched racquets at the begining of the year from her traditional widebody triad racquet to a more control oriented players model. Instead of capitalizing on this clearly proven model based solely on it's merits, Wilson has instead decided to "dumb down" the racquet. Put a flashy Paris Hilton type paint job throw in some charities and sell it at a premium exclusive price. It could work but heres why it won't.

1. Premium is not $500, when you are talking about the world market and luxury they want something special, gold in the racquet does not make this special. Serenas first prototype, ok now we are getting somewhere.

2. Misreading the market. Venus and Serena are not as cool as they used to be, when they first came on the scene like Capriati they were refreshing and fun to watch. Now as they approach the middle of their careers they simply haven't shown the desire to work hard at their profession. Americans love talent but in the end respect dedication and hard work much more.

It is quite ironic that the racquet companies put all of their advertising and promotion dollars into sponsoring players but do not trust the public to actually purchase the racquet.

Slazenger
06-21-2007, 11:21 PM
...watch them both lose in the opening round... LOL what a story that would be... "ya... the gold kinda rusted"

pet project for you:

Research on www.sonyericssonwtatour.com the last time Serena Williams lost in the first round of a slam.

Since I know you aren't going to do it I'll answer for you:
N.E.V.E.R

(she has lost in the 2nd round only once and that was at her first grand slam appearance.)

Slazenger
06-21-2007, 11:29 PM
2. Misreading the market. Venus and Serena are not as cool as they used to be, when they first came on the scene like Capriati they were refreshing and fun to watch. Now as they approach the middle of their careers they simply haven't shown the desire to work hard at their profession. Americans love talent but in the end respect dedication and hard work much more.

It is quite ironic that the racquet companies put all of their advertising and promotion dollars into sponsoring players but do not trust the public to actually purchase the racquet.

Another TW'er in dream land. Serena sells racquets and outfits. The only female tennis players outfits that I have seen on juniors and other recreational players are Serena's and Sharapova's. NEVER seen Justine's addidas outfits. Never seen Mauresmo's.

Serena was selling those awful N3's. I saw tons of women (and some men) playing with that racquet. Serena is the biggest American female name in tennis.

Wilson knows what it's doing. Those racquets will sell like hotcakes.

D. Nelson
06-22-2007, 02:57 AM
...oh yea...Rios is 'different' alright....he probably would have STOLEN those racquets...OUCH !!! (---just a JOKE!!---). I'm looking for Serena to possibly 'angle' the racquet during play, so that the gold-leaf reflects the Sun into the opponent's eyes.... And once again...Venus just gets sucked IN to another goofy p.r. 'presentation'....ugh !!

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-22-2007, 05:25 AM
It is a good thing that the sale of these rackets will not be based on the Tenniswarehouse posters.

tennis_nerd22
06-23-2007, 01:09 PM
pet project for you:

Research on www.sonyericssonwtatour.com the last time Serena Williams lost in the first round of a slam.

Since I know you aren't going to do it I'll answer for you:
N.E.V.E.R

(she has lost in the 2nd round only once and that was at her first grand slam appearance.)

hey, if you can play tennis, anything is possible.

lol im jk, but you never know. im not saying i'd bet one it, but it would be a pretty funny story dont you think

chrisak47
06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I guess the gold helps Serena in many ways; style & anger management...

This is from her interview after she won her 1st round match:
Q. What were you thinking after the ninth game of the first set, put her in position to serve for it?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I thought my my goal was not to lose serve. I was really disappointed. I wasn't serving well. I lost serve because I kept making errors. I was just really frustrated at that point. I just wanted to just smash my racquet.

But seeing that it's gold, I can't, which is great for me. I needed this. Any other time I think I would have smashed it.

tenniko
06-25-2007, 02:08 PM
oh boy,

karats? kontrol? karbon?

tennis is becoming a bit racist...if you know what i mean

AlpineCadet
06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm sorry, but how does their new racket give them any less respect from you? Am I missing something here? :confused:

mileslong
06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
serena in her all white top and warmup pants today looked like a refrigerator with a tennis racket...

Ronaldo
06-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Kurious, appears Venus' racquet is now an OS. Thought she was using a midplus.

Andy Zarzuela
06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/39/fullj.getty-tennis-wimbledon-williams_9_58_31_am.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/47/fullj.getty-74808463mt285_the_champions_12_51_25_pm.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070628/capt.b889c8fc842a4d9682acff8a45b03a48.britain_wimb ledon_tennis_xwim804.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070628/capt.38ae733ee6394689aa197f04d46792b7.britain_wimb ledon_tennis_xwim803.jpg

I read somewhere that Serena's racquet is 27.5" long and Venus' is 27.75". Serena's frame appears to be somewhat larger as well. Serena said earlier this year that when she made the switch she went from 113 to 105....Obviously, I'm sure Venus' racquet is very similar...but it appears to be a 98 or so...

nunchuku
06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Hmm... doesn't that just look like the over-sized nBlade frame with different [K]osmetics?

Mnguyen05
06-28-2007, 04:33 PM

Maybe this will make them sink to an even lower level than yours. (Actually, only Serena):

My friend knows one of the reps at Wilson and he [rep] told me that Serena wanted to do something special for Wimbledon when she heard about Federer getting a special suit from Nike for Wimbledon.

At first, she went to Nike and asked for some tricked out Wimby clothes but they refused, telling her that she already had her own Nike line of clothing. So she went to Wilson and asked them to do something special to her racquet. Wilson found this as an opportunity to make some money so they hooked her and Venus up with some tricked out gold racquets.

Pretty lame of her, huh?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Maybe this will make them sink to an even lower level than yours. (Actually, only Serena):

My friend knows one of the reps at Wilson and he [rep] told me that Serena wanted to do something special for Wimbledon when she heard about Federer getting a special suit from Nike for Wimbledon.

At first, she went to Nike and asked for some tricked out Wimby clothes but they refused, telling her that she already had her own Nike line of clothing. So she went to Wilson and asked them to do something special to her racquet. Wilson found this as an opportunity to make some money so they hooked her and Venus up with some tricked out gold racquets.

Pretty lame of her, huh?

This is a lame rumor, any proof??

Or maybe your friends word is law?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-28-2007, 05:26 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/39/fullj.getty-tennis-wimbledon-williams_9_58_31_am.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/47/fullj.getty-74808463mt285_the_champions_12_51_25_pm.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070628/capt.b889c8fc842a4d9682acff8a45b03a48.britain_wimb ledon_tennis_xwim804.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070628/capt.38ae733ee6394689aa197f04d46792b7.britain_wimb ledon_tennis_xwim803.jpg

I read somewhere that Serena's racquet is 27.5" long and Venus' is 27.75". Serena's frame appears to be somewhat larger as well. Serena said earlier this year that when she made the switch she went from 113 to 105....Obviously, I'm sure Venus' racquet is very similar...but it appears to be a 98 or so...

Do you know what Serena and Venus grip size??? The pic of Venus racket grip looks huge.... 4 1/2 perhaps??

Ronaldo
06-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Do you know what Serena and Venus grip size??? The pic of Venus racket grip looks huge.... 4 1/2 perhaps??

At least 4 5/8

chrisak47
06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
I saw Serena on a talk show before and she said her hands are so big that Wilson made her grip up to 5! Plus add in the overgrip.

RafaN RichardG
06-29-2007, 06:53 AM
I saw Serena on a talk show before and she said her hands are so big that Wilson made her grip up to 5! Plus add in the overgrip.

Venus' is 4 1/2...ive held it, and her sister's is probably the same.

...and what talk show was this? oh you probably dont remember, right...lame

ufgatorkid
06-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Venus' is 4 1/2...ive held it, and her sister's is probably the same.

...and what talk show was this? oh you probably dont remember, right...lame
Uhh, Venus has said herself that her grip size is 4 5/8, so...

Fedace
07-02-2007, 10:13 PM
What rackets are these, Kfactor what ??

SFrazeur
07-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Those gold racquets seem rather lame to me. If you didn't know they had gold on them you couldn't tell by looking at a normal tv set. If you are going to go gold, go gold. Go big or go home.

-SF

Voltron
07-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Maybe this will make them sink to an even lower level than yours. (Actually, only Serena)
Thanks for the insults, I really do appreciate it. :?
Pretty lame of her, huh?
Yep, quite lame. :|

Voltron
07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry, but how does their new racket give them any less respect from you? Am I missing something here? :confused:
Because it's kinda over the top, it's like they have to make a scene wherever they go.

AlpineCadet
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Because it's kinda over the top, it's like they have to make a scene wherever they go.
Over the top? It just seems like you already hate them to begin with, amirite? ;)