PDA

View Full Version : sore forearm and shoulder..

ayuan
06-21-2007, 05:52 PM
So i play tennis about 3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week. Recently, my left forearm and shoulder (im a lefty) seems to be pretty sore after a while.. this happened to me a couple of times over the year and i was just wondering if this is common? I use a K95 if the racquet has something to do with it.. possibly the swingweight?

chair ump
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
As far as equipment goes...I would try experimenting with lower string tension and a more flexible frame. Contrary to what you think, I have found low swingweight to fatigue my shoulder more than high swingweight. So, I don't think that's the issue here. Good luck, and let us know if this helps.

Vision84
06-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I have a strained shoulder and a sore elbow and a constant ache from my shoulder all the way into my forearm. I also use a K95. I play through it though it takes me longer to loosen up the shoulder in serving. I'm just trying to play through it and for the first time in 3 weeks it didn't hurt as much today.

The racket could be a factor. It is a very stiff frame. What strings and tension do you use? Is you soreness a tendonitis like mine? If so I would suggest doing strengthening exercises on the shoulder and the elbow so it won't get sore as easily.

chair ump
06-22-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a strained shoulder and a sore elbow and a constant ache from my shoulder all the way into my forearm. I also use a K95. I play through it though it takes me longer to loosen up the shoulder in serving. I'm just trying to play through it and for the first time in 3 weeks it didn't hurt as much today.

The racket could be a factor. It is a very stiff frame. What strings and tension do you use? Is you soreness a tendonitis like mine? If so I would suggest doing strengthening exercises on the shoulder and the elbow so it won't get sore as easily.

Vision, you are absolutely right in pointing out string choice...If I were you guys, I would be switching to a soft multi or nat gut at a low tension ASAP. The modern spin strings can be trouble on the arm if you are not in tip top shape. I had what you guys are experiencing and I dropped the tension to high 40's and it went away. Hope this helps.