PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Sleeve or Elbow Brace?

player69
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey guys,

I'm having some elbow pain. I'm looking to purchase something to help the pain, but which is better? Elbow sleeve or elbow brace? Will the elbow sleeve restrict my swing and reduce my swing speed?

LuckyR
06-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey guys,

I'm having some elbow pain. I'm looking to purchase something to help the pain, but which is better? Elbow sleeve or elbow brace? Will the elbow sleeve restrict my swing and reduce my swing speed?

To be honest I don't think either will help since most elbow pain (TE or Golfer''s elbow, for instance) isn't a joint abnormality, but rather tendonitis.

scotus
06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
If you have tennis elbow or golf elbow, I would recommend Band-It. The one I use is the XM model, which is black and has a magnet in it.

I have tried 4 different types of elbow braces. This is by far the best.

thursdayisgod
06-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Ace elbow braces don't help much, if it all.

wrm12
06-24-2007, 11:35 AM
If you have tennis elbow or golf elbow, I would recommend Band-It. The one I use is the XM model, which is black and has a magnet in it.

I have tried 4 different types of elbow braces. This is by far the best.

Hi, how long have you been using the bandit?

Thanks.

ps60
06-29-2007, 11:29 AM
i use a double width wrist band, pull it up to the top of forearm, near the elbow. it helps reducing pain and further injury.

i rub it with Deep heat every time before play. Heard a girl runner died of too much Methyl Salicylate (wrong spelling) in her blood. Scary !

scotus
06-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi, how long have you been using the bandit?

Thanks.

About 6 months now, I suppose.