PDA

View Full Version : Henman's getting a new rqt???

uk_skippy
03-15-2004, 11:26 AM
I Henman getting a new rqt??? Well lets start a rumour.....Slazenger/Dunlop have been bought by the UK's biggest sports discounter Sport & Soccer; Henman hasn't changed to the latest rqt(or paint job);'pile it high-sell it cheap' doesn't fit the Henman image.

Coincidence????

I think Henman will leave Slaz and return to the Wilson fold. They need some one else to promote the Tour 90/95 and I think it'll be him.

Thoughts

Feņa14
03-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Interesting, I would guess that maybe he would use the ROK, it seems to work well for Dent.

Anybody know anything else about it?

Liam

david aames
03-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Anacone first, now Wilson. Ha! Hopefully next year he can afford the Gulfstream.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-15-2004, 06:54 PM
No offense, but Dent uses a 6.1 or something of the like, nothing near a ROK. If anything, henman would likely use a 6.1 classic painted to look like whatever. Remarkably similair to the pro braided.

jings
03-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Second that PCMD. As I understand it Henman and Sampras used to practise a fair bit together and I was always a little surprised that somehow Henman didn't end up using a Wilson. Everyone knows you can't win a major with a Slazenger these days..! Tour 90 would be cool ... Tim's sliced backhand with the T90, scary.

failurebydesign
03-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Saw him @ Indian Wells this weekend... Why is he still wearing Barricade 2's?

Paul_G
03-16-2004, 12:24 AM
He used to use the pro staff 6.1 classic before he switched to slazenger, i dont think switching to the tour 90 would make a great deal of difference.

As for the barricade 2's i guess he just likes them better than the 3's.

Anonymous
03-16-2004, 12:57 PM
In England we describe someone like Tim as reserved. He does support british brands whenever he can in a low key way so he is likely to remain a Slazenger player. Although Soccer World owns Slazenger the company may continue trading under the slazenger name.

thomas martinez
03-16-2004, 03:19 PM
From what I was told by a dealer friend over in the UK, DSG will continue on trading as before even though that Sports Soccer now owns the company. As for him trying the new frame. Well, you're naieve if you think he uses a Pro Braided, he uses his custom frame, and yes, he did have the new Pro X 1 cosmetics back in Dec at an exhibition event, why he went back to the old, I do not know. So no Wilson, or whatever unless his Slaz contract is up, and who knows where he would go from there. Wilson if you recall dumped him even though he remained loyal to their frame long after they didn't resign him.

david aames
03-16-2004, 04:36 PM
In England we describe someone like Tim as reserved. He does support british brands whenever he can in a low key way so he is likely to remain a Slazenger player.

Everywhere else, it's called a looser :)

tom horan
03-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Tim Henman's racket is called a Pro Staff Classic - ever compared a set of Pro Braided grommets with a PS Classic ? Hasn't changed to the latest paint job because, like so many, he is sensitive to differences in paint composition, and Slaz.isn't the most efficient company, hence their financial problems.