PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time deciding which shoe to get next.

Brett
06-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Right now I am wearing the Nike Breathe Free II's but just after a little over a year now I am forced to get new ones because on the bottom of the right shoe where my big toe is, I am getting a hole.

I am looking at either the Nike Vapor IV's or the Adidas A3 Accelerators.

Any tips or suggestions? I have a narrow foot and really like light shoes. The ones I have now are real light which I love but I want them to last I guess of course too. I had Adidas Responses before the Breathe Free II's.

Edit: Also just noticed the Nike Air Max Breathe Cage shoes as well. Are they supposed to be a spinoff of the Breathe Free II's?

soggyramen
06-22-2007, 06:50 PM
hell just go for the barricade IV i had the same shoes as you before and i love my barricades

Brett
06-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Lol it's so funny because I actually had the Barricades just a few years ago, I bought them and absolutely hated them. They felt so heavy and like bricks on my feet.

The Ripper
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Yes, the Nike "Cage" is obviously based on the BF2. I love BF2's (in fact just bought two more pair $49.99!) and am currently wearing the Cage's and they're pretty nice, but IMO not as light, quick and low to the court as the BF2's. The Cage's are a little thicker padding-wise, easier to get into with a new softer tongue system, a little wider tread on the outside edges of the shoes and it has harder sole for 6 months of wear - although I like the softer material used on the BF2's. Even though I play a lot, the soles on the BF2's last me six months no problem. The Vapor 3's and 4's seem fairly similar but have a completely different feel and I would guess they are hotter on court. Since I play in Southern California, with summer temperatures ranging from 85 to 105 degrees, I like a shoe with more ventilation. The plasticy material used in the Vapor's I think would trap a lot of heat and create a lot of perspiration - no thanks.

$0.02 worth.