PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle payment for rackets?

bluetrain4
06-22-2007, 08:24 PM
For those who have bought/sold on through TW classifieds, what is the standards way for the purchaser to pay?

Do they just send a check or do you use pay pal or something like that?

diredesire
06-23-2007, 12:32 PM
This is discussed in the FAQ somewhat.

If you do decide to accept personal checks, give them a week or so to clear before shipping the racquet.

Postal Money Order (good as cash), paypal, and/or in person cash trades are the most common forms of online trading i've encountered.

Steve Huff
06-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Paypal is good when more than one person is inquiring about a racket. This way, 1st person to send gets it. Be relunctant to promise someone a racket when a lot of people seem interested.

I've taken checks and money orders before also. Most people are honest here. I ALWAYS wait until a check has arrived before sending the racket. Often, if someone doesn't have many references, or I'm not familiar with that person, I tell them that they'll have to wait until the check clears before I send the frame (usually a week delay). If someone asks me to send it out the next day and they'll send the money the next day also, I suspect something is fishy. Even if they say they need it for a tournament this weekend, I'd wait or tell them it takes 5 minutes to set up a Paypal account.

BHStennisplayer
06-24-2007, 09:10 AM
PayPal is most common.