PDA

View Full Version : Prince Premier w/ Softflex

Jerry Seinfeld
10-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have any experience using this string? If so please comment on durability, tension maintenance, power as well as your personal likes/dislikes.

MChong
10-03-2004, 03:00 PM
I've used it, and it is a nice and very soft string. The only downside I can think of right now is the tension; you want to either prestretch or string it higher because of the initial tension loss. After that, it's pretty nice though. It has standard durability, and I'd use it mostly in hybrids. Maybe if you have arm problems, this string would be good for you?

Anonymous
10-03-2004, 10:22 PM
i think its a softer version of lightning xx with more bite. go with chong and prestretch it, it will stretch A LOT. string it high, not too high but u know. I thought it was very playabvle and the durability was not bad. i didnt mnage to break it in the demo of the shark i used.

jayserinos99
10-03-2004, 10:31 PM
I just got a free pack from Prince not too long ago. I played three sets so far with this string in a RDX500 mid at 58 in the mains and 56 in the crosses. I prestretched so I didn't notice the tension drop. It plays somewhat soft and has good pop to it.

LoveThisGame
10-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Are you in a position to compare Prince Premier to multis like Babolat Xcel Premium and Tecnifibre X-One Biphase?

mrwise
10-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Premier is a great string. I would second (or third) the motion to string it up tight. It does seem to lose tension. It is really pretty durable. I can usually get about 5 matches out of a normal set of Prince Lightning or PSGD and it has lasted that long for me on 3 different sets so far even with the tighter tension. It is a little pricey, but I think it is worth the extra $ for the soft feel this string provides.

jayserinos99
10-13-2004, 03:01 PM
^^ LTG, I haven't strung up my biphase but i'll compare the three when i do.

LoveThisGame
10-13-2004, 04:30 PM
jayserinos99,

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

BiGGieStuFF
11-01-2004, 07:23 AM
how much tension loss are talking about here? I want to string up my shark at 57lbs but maximum recommended is 60. Should I just string it at 60 and let it drop? How much tensions am I going to lose?