PDA

View Full Version : Mesh or Leather?

Raguvian
06-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello,
I need some new shoes, and i really like the Wilson ProStaff shoes, but they're available in both leather and mesh. Which one is more durable? My friend said that leather shoes will fall apart on the tennis court, but the reviews for the leather shoe say that it's one of the most durable tennis shoes out there.

Which one is more durable?

10sfreak
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I really wouldn't think it matters; I think you'll wear out the sole of the shoe before the uppers start wearing. At least, that's always been the case with me...

StealthGnome
06-25-2007, 05:02 PM
It will go down to comfort.
Try them on if you can and do 3 laps around the store.

ayyhwang
06-25-2007, 05:24 PM
There won't be a big difference in the durability of them if you're gonna be playing a lot of tennis with them on

WhiteSox05CA
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Those look like some sweet old school shoes. I wanna get them just for everyday walk-around shoes. I prefer the mesh, but both are cool.

goober
06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Are we talking about the Prostaff Classic?

If you are I wouldn't use that shoe unless you are a recreational/social player. If you play aggressive with a lot of stop and go, change of directions, you should get a more stable shoe.

Raguvian
06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Are we talking about the Prostaff Classic?

If you are I wouldn't use that shoe unless you are a recreational/social player. If you play aggressive with a lot of stop and go, change of directions, you should get a more stable shoe.

Thanks for all the replies.

I only use one pair of shoes, so durability is very important for me, and it's cheap, which is why i'm going with these shoes. Plus they look awesome.

muggy
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
i think leather will be more hot than mesh, and hold more smell, mesh would be better for ventilation but maybe slightly less durable.

mesh should also be lighter too.

khd287
06-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Mesh will allow your feet to breath a little more than the leather probably
If I was you, I would go with the mesh.. :)

Raguvian
06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I like the looks of the leather more though... Plus it got really good reviews on this site.
At this point, i think it'd just be best to go to a store and buy based on what looks best up close, what's the most comfortable, and what's available in the first place.

goosala
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Durability is the same for both. If you live in a hot climate like I do then get the mesh and save a couple of dollars. I have owned both and they perform the same. The mesh might be slightly lighter and cooler.