PDA

View Full Version : Which shoe should I get?

Tommy Hass
06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey guys,
I was using the addidas barricade 2 but im looking for something new. I have a narrow fit to average so I could wear both. I pick some shoes Im thinking of getting so vote for which one you think I should get. Also if you think there is a better shoe out there for me please do so. All so post why and why not you like or do not like a certain shoe.

Thanks in advance,
-Tommy

Tommy Hass
06-25-2007, 09:13 PM
anyone on this topic?

The Ripper
06-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Okay!

Nike Vapor's - very nice shoe, very classy looking. It is a "game day" shoe so there is not much padding for your forefoot especially, so tough on your feet for 2-3 hours at a time, several times a week. I don't like the vinyl shoe material because it doesn't breathe well over the front of the foot. So probably would create lots of perspiration inside the shoe - not good!

Nike Cage's - very similar to BF2, but thicker sole, thicker material in the "sock" liner, but softer than the BF2 so it is easier to get your foot in and out. It also has a wider tread on the outside edges of the forefoot for stability. The soles are also of a harder material than the BF2's which will probably make the soles last longer, but they don't grip quite as well and take away some of the court feel (IMO); also they are noisier from the squeaking on the court.

Nike Breathe Free II's - I think these are the best tennis shoes ever made, so obviously I'm biased. They are extremely comfortable, in that the shoe tops are made of very flexible, breathable material that feels like you are wearing houseslippers. You can barely feel them on your feet - they are super light, quick and have great feel and traction. They are also game-day shoes, so I put extra padding to protect the feet for lots of hours on court.

If you can find a place that sells all three models, go try them side by side. The Cage and BF's are similar but do feel different overall as noted above. The Vapor is a completely different thing, so you should be able to decide which one you like best! Be sure to take your tennis socks and walk around in the store on some tile or concrete to get a better idea of the padding.

Good luck!

IT WAS IN!!!
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I'd recommend the Adidas ClimaCool Feather 3's

aidenous
06-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Yonex 305.

t-swede
06-26-2007, 12:24 PM
how about asics shoes these are not much talked about but have a very nice feel to them i personally use the challenger but have tried on the enqvist and if felt light and well cushioned with a good fit for the medium/narrow foot !

highly recommended !

t-swede