PDA

View Full Version : Gasquet's Paint Job?

Canadaspy
06-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Looks like he's still using the Liquidmetal Instinct with a MicroGEL Extreme paint job. In this photo, assuming these are Gasquet's racquets, you can still see the Liquidmetal "ridges" which the MicroGEL Extreme doesn't have.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74918251.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193FE27433493C03A10E9C4E98610DDF401

vsbabolat
06-26-2007, 10:28 AM
yes that is Gasquet's racquet. Here is another photo where you can see the Liquidmetal "ridges" in the frame.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/fullj_getty-tennis-wimbledon-gasque.jpg

Zets147
06-26-2007, 10:31 AM
hehehe tricky tricky

Sup2Dresq
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Wonder why he likes to see the leather underneadth at the tip of his grip. Very old school or he overlaps it severly to get a cushy grip.

pro_staff
06-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Wonder why he likes to see the leather underneadth at the tip of his grip. Very old school or he overlaps it severly to get a cushy grip.

Tournagrip that he uses is too short for today's rackets so it doesn't cover the whole grip. Besides, he uses one handed backhand so it's not needed

Sup2Dresq
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Tournagrip that he uses is too short for today's rackets so it doesn't cover the whole grip. Besides, he uses one handed backhand so it's not needed

Wait, don't they make tournagrip for extra long racquets? I believe he plays with an extended racquet, but notice he doesn't have a seam. He cuts his off. I think he does it on purpose.

Loose point, but I think Gasquet is just going old school. Very classy.

clubfed
06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Gasquet uses Head overgrips which don't come in the XL version.

Sup2Dresq
06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Gasquet uses Head overgrips which don't come in the XL version.

Thanks. No need for they mystery van, just give Clubfed the Scooby snack for solving this mystery.

BTW, I think its deceitful that pros play with paintjobs. The general public should take legal action.

vsbabolat
06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
The HEAD Agassi Pro Overgrip is just repackaged Tournagrip. On the back of the package of HEAD Agassi Pro Overgrip it even says made in U.S.A. HEAD does only sell it in standerd length though.
The only overgrips made in the U.S.A. is by Unique Sports Brand the makers of Tournagrip.

Safina
06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I wish, REALLY wish, HEAD would have just come out with a new Instinct version with the Extreme paint colors on it.
I really like the Instinct, but the LM colors are pretty blah.

Oh well... unless I score some of Gasquet's sticks, I might as well get over it.

I REALLY surprised that Youzhny was able to switch from the Instinct to the Extreme Pro. I thought he would be another Instinct paintjobber for life.

PED
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM
safina, go to the head website and you'll see the new instinct with new paint, it looks nice and there's a thread on the boards about it.

Safina
06-26-2007, 07:58 PM
thanks PED...

I saw the new colors for the Instinct... and I'm not a big fan. I like the Extreme paint colors much better. Oh well. (not huge on flexpoints either!;) )

Sup2Dresq
06-27-2007, 04:41 AM
thanks PED...

I saw the new colors for the Instinct... and I'm not a big fan. I like the Extreme paint colors much better. Oh well. (not huge on flexpoints either!;) )

The new Instinct appears to have Flexpoints on them. I thought they were letting that technology die.

The paintjob can grow on one.