PDA

View Full Version : How to keep a natural gut leftover...

kjinsan
10-04-2004, 07:31 AM
I just finished my 1st hybrid job w/ babolat tonic+ ball feel, and wonder how/what I am supposed to do with the leftover. Do I need to put it into a zip-lock? Please help me.

HeavyBall
10-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Keep it in a zip lock bag in a cool, dry place. With the coating that they use nowdays, its not as important as it used to be, but why take a chance.

Jerry Seinfeld
10-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I store all my partially used gut in Food Saver bags. These gizmos are great, they vacuum pack the strings and they can easily be stored in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place until you are ready to use them. Air tight this way.

kjinsan
10-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Thank you for the comments. I will put the NG leftover into a zip-lock bag and put the bag in a cool place.

Marc C.
10-06-2004, 05:01 PM
store all my partially used gut in Food Saver bags. These gizmos are great, they vacuum pack the strings and they can easily be stored in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place until you are ready to use them. Air tight this way.

If it is vacuum packed, why would it have to be in a cool place?

Aoya
10-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Why..not? Just because there's no air in it, doesn't mean that the temperature inside can't change..

perfmode
10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
We have one of the Foodsaver Pro's and I use it to keep extra clothes when there's a chance that they might get wet in my bag.